Cake Boss

BabyKing

Mummy & Pregnant
Reaction score
anyone else love watching Cake Boss on discovery real time?

I use to like Ace Of Cakes, but Buddy blew Duff out of the water

hahaaaa.
i've always been really interested in cake design & that whole industry.
sweet tooth :haha:

i got OH into watching it as well, and he really likes it
we would love to go over to NJ and try out some of the goodies.

any BnB girls ever been to Carlo's Bakery?

i agree that Ace of Cakes was blown out after Cake Boss started! Cake Boss shows that they are real cake decorators with real experience, AOC is just a few art students trying their best!

I hate how AOC cakes are usually made up of polystyrene and only part cake!

I'd LOVE to visit Carlos bakery, i NEED the cream filled pastries in my life!!

Me and my mom watch Cake Boss all the time, I LOVE it! Kitchen Boss too. I also watch Cupcake wars, DC Cupcakes (sometimes) along with other cooking shows like Chopped and sometimes Iron Chef. Cake Boss is so great, he makes awesome cakes.

apparently carlos bakery is just like any other italian bakery over in america.. nothing special but now theyve been on TV theyve hiked the prices up mega.

same with Magnolia bakery, after sex and the city their prices sky rocketed!

I love Cake Boss. I love Ace Of Cakes too but Cake Boss is better IMO!

I'd love to go there.

it probably is like any other traditional italian bakery, but i think what makes them stand out are their customised cake designs tbh.
hahaa yeah i think they are all a bit nerdy on AOC.

i like cup cake wars too.
there is a shop near me that makes those fancy pancy cupcakes.
me and OH tried them out couple of weeks back.
there was SOOOO much icing, i couldn't finish half of it.
eyes bigger than belly :haha:

ive not tasted a cupcake thats nicer than mine yet. I paid £1.80 at dobbies for 1 for amelie and she spat it out and said 'no, mummy cake' LOL

LOL
awee bless
they seem to be so trendy right now & everywhere
most of the time they look pretty and taste crap

Hi BabyKing :) I watch the show occationally, it's very interesting. I actually live pretty close to where the bakery is. I live in NY but his bakery is 30 minutes or so away in NJ but I haven't been there so far, maybe sometime I'll go check it out.

i agree that Ace of Cakes was blown out after Cake Boss started! Cake Boss shows that they are real cake decorators with real experience, AOC is just a few art students trying their best!

I hate how AOC cakes are usually made up of polystyrene and only part cake!

I'd LOVE to visit Carlos bakery, i NEED the cream filled pastries in my life!!

You can get gorgeous cream filled pastries like theirs in most italian deli's but NOTHING is better than Italy itself for those! They dont taste the same anywhere else!

Hi BabyKing :) I watch the show occationally, it's very interesting. I actually live pretty close to where the bakery is. I live in NY but his bakery is 30 minutes or so away in NJ but I haven't been there so far, maybe sometime I'll go check it out.

Hi Heather lucky lady living so close you should go check it out and get pics :) haha.

.i loveeeeee cake boss....i attempted to make the lobster tails they make, and they came out rubbish,lol..but i now why. i was ment to add in a certain flour but cudnt find it so didnt add it in,lol..

LOL last time i was in Italy I was 15 and was more concerned about Pizza than pastries! Wish I had been now, oh well it's a city break planned there in the future!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->