Cake Making & Baking Group

What style of icing tip do you all use? will it come in this pack do you think?
https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/acatalog/Tubes2.html the £8.17 one?

:flower:

Yes the £8.17 pack has the 1M wilton tip... that is the set i will be getting next week :thumbup:

Just to add, the cases are silicone so I better blooming get them back, I never thought last night when I was making them :doh:

i have sent a request to the facebook group. Gemma White :flower:

What style of icing tip do you all use? will it come in this pack do you think?
https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/acatalog/Tubes2.html the £8.17 one?

:flower:

Yes the £8.17 pack has the 1M wilton tip... that is the set i will be getting next week :thumbup:
Brilliant, I've heard you all talking about that but did not have a clue what it was :lol:

The thing that annoys me most Georgie is that all his stuff is always the cheapest on Ebay!!!!
But I think my last email to him stated I will never order from him again so I'd rather pay the extra that go back and give him my business!!

I wonder if Holly ever spoke to wobbles about approaching the craftcompany about advertising on here so we can all get a discount~!!!!

ive ordered from him a few times and so far they have all come ok xx

Hiya :)
Iv requested to join the FB group...hope you dont mind :blush:
My names Kristina and my pic is the same as my avater on here...the 2 usually correspond lol
Any1 feel free to add me if you like as well :)
Well i did my carrot cake last night and all went well apart from the piping and cutting out letters!
Omg italics are a pain in the backside to get out o the cutter!!
And Tommy started screaming half way through doing th piping but as its glaze i had to finish then or it woulda been too late, which led to some horrible gloopy accidents and dollops :dohh:
But apart from that not too awful...lol, This was meant to be a trial run for my stepmums bday cake, an exact replica apart from no flowers and i wrote 'Carrot Cake' instead of Happy Birthday :haha:
But here is the result:
https://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs498.snc3/27185_405026955699_588895699_5461326_4751574_n.jpg
https://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs498.ash1/27185_405026960699_588895699_5461327_5358067_n.jpg
I did clean up the icing that dripped from under the swirls.
But yup, the frosting is cream cheese frosting tinted yellow and iv pressed crushed toasted walnuts around the side :)
Im hoping to try and make some cupcakes today but who knows lol...will post pics if i do :)
xxxxx

Well done Kristina, looks fab!!

Andrea, i hadnt thought anymore about the adspace thing, it was just a random thought in passing. Could maybe run it over with SC and Wobbs see what they think, i dont know how they go about advertising on the site

LOL they should give us a discount for advertising them!
Wonder how much their business has gone up since we started mentioning them!!!

kriskitten...brillaint job!!! i love how you wrote 'carrot cake' too LOL

as for the italics.....yours look a little thick??
roll the fondant out really really thin (so u can almost see through it (if its white) then leave it on the top for a while till its starts going a little stiff.....press your cutter in, then give it a good whack on the edge of the worktop n it should fly out!!

xx good luck for next time!

Thank you :)
Thanks Tracey, yeh i realsied that afterwards...tho i just cant seem to roll it much thinner no matter how much i try?
I wonder if it might be my rolling pin, its an ancient wooden one with handles...do you think that might be why? I try and make sure the flowerpaste is really really warm when i start so its easily kneaded and made soft, but it just gets to a point where it won't go any thinner :wacko:
They have some of the weighted plastic rolling pics at the cake shop but the cheapest is 17.50....iv spent sooo much money lol its ridiculous and i just couldnt warrant that if i have a decent pin already.
But i don't know, if its needed then i dont mind...what do you think? xxxx

your handles could be causing it if they are bigger than ur rolling pin....when u place the rolling pin on your worktop is the actual long piece sitting on the worktop, or are they handles elevating it a little bit?

if its flat then its not your rolling pin, and it should be fine. (also when cutting out the letters its best to leave it to dry n cool out...if youve been handling it then it will be warm n will likely stick in the cutter)

when rolling push forward n down when u roll, turn it around abit and repeat till its really thin

i know...stuff costs a bomb doesnt it! LOL

lol im glad you said that...i spent 20 quid on modelling tools yesterday :blush:
I could of bought 100 cakes with the amount of money iv spent so far :rofl:
I just keep telling myself they r long term investments....il have them for a long time, one off expenditures etc etc :haha:
No they are smaller than the pin...must just be my technique...hmmm,
ah well
im currently practising my piping skill on a piece of paper :dohh:
I feel like im in nursery learning to write again :rofl:....
"...and I is for Impatient..."
:rofl:
xxxxx
xxxx

im soooo excited the rest of my colour pastes came today i now have all my rainbow colours :happydance:

hummmmmm now what to make :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->