Cake Making & Baking Group

Yep Jac i put the cream cheese frosting round the sides and then just had to press it on, it seemed simple but god was it messy and time consuming lol
I nicked the basic design from a cake decorating book but iv added the swirls round the top and letters and i plan on piping round the bottom and adding flowers for the real thing xxx

Yet more gorge looking cakes and cupcakes! :thumbup:
I've just made a dozen chocolate rolo cupcakes,there on the side cooling and hope there cooked properly..how do you tell if they are done when you've shoved something into the middle before cooking :wacko: ?? I usually put a knife into the middle and if it comes back out clean then there cooked through properly but as I put rolo into the middle the knife comes out with a choc caramel goo on it!

I had a trial run of the dinosaur cake and it came out great (pic on my phone,I'll post it when I find my cable) but Ive had a re-think and I think I'm gonna make it a choc sponge and have a brown dinosaur instead of green so I can just pipe on betty crockers choc fudge frosting (CHEAT!!) lol

i never skewer my cakes to check if theyre done. I just lightly press the centre of the cake and if it springs back, its ready :)

argh......I am getting to the point where I am forgetting what I actually buy for cake decorating!

I ordered an FMM set of plain alphabet letters (upper, lower &numbers)
They arrived today, then got another package in the post that had a set of upper and numbers the exact same as the others :dohh:

I'm loving looking at all your pics!

I finally manged to find somewhere that does little terracotta pots for my pot cakes!

Need them to show up and then will paint them and do the cakes for Easter Sunday as we are having a little gathering at SIL's house with an egg hunt for LO's.

blah thats what i do......

i skewer and press just to make sure :)

if uve got something in the centre (like mars bar or rolos) i skewer closer to the sides...and then i press the centre on the bun n if it springs back quick its done, if it takes its time to come back up, leave them in a tad longer xxx

well heres the cupcakes i did...youve seen them before....just black forest ones.
https://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs455.snc3/26060_381016996925_188177171925_3743659_5851926_n.jpg
https://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs475.snc3/26060_381017011925_188177171925_3743660_839787_n.jpg

mmm, would you mind sharing your recipe for those?
My dad LOVES blackforest gateux, hed be v chuffed to get those :) xxx

:) i love black forest gateaux too!!

again i dont usually go off recipes, just make them up as i go along!!

your fav choc sponge recipe, bake, cool, make hollows in the centre n fill with dark cherry filling, pipe on vanilla topping, grated dark choc, and a glace' cherry. simples!!! LOL

n yummy! :)

what do you use for your dark cherry filling Tracey? I have just ordered cherries in Kirsch to make SIL a black forrest Gateau!

mmmm, yum :D
How do you make the dark cherry filling, or do you buy it? xxx

My order from eBay arrived today :thumbup: very impressed as I only paid on Monday for them and I recieved them this morning!

Got some gum trag to practice my modelling, icing whitener (lots of it lol) butterfly cutters, a dusting brush, 1kg of white icing, a frosting spreader and my wilton cupcake set with my wilton 1m tip :happydance: Also bought some more margerine, some trex and some cream cheese to try all of the different yummy recipes :) Guess what I am going to be doing all day xx

I was going to make some more cakes today but think id rather wait until Brooke is all better just incase there are germs floating around the house still, id feel awful if i poisoned someone :rofl:

i buy the cherry filling, its just pie filling :)
its yummy!!! when ive finished using it, i end up putting my spoon back in and having a taste myself LOL

your all so lucky to afford the cake stuff.
ive had to build mine up slowly over the years n still dont even have a quarter of the tools n bits! i got by with lost of my nans old stuff for a while before i could afford to buy anything, its taken me years just to afford new tins LOL

Kelly she's a bit better, thank you, but still not 100% so id rather wait for a few days just so we're all clear of germs, ive disinfected everywhere but still ....

I dont have a huge supply of cake making stuff, im good at improvising, so i set myself a limit a month and use that to buy "basics" that i'll need, and build my stash up that way over time. If youve got the basics then you can do anything i figure, just takes a little more time and patience

That’s a nice little lot Kel!

Thanks for the FB add btw!! :hugs:

My mummy went to Billericay today and said she found a lovely little cake shop so treated me to;
Pink Polka dot cupcake cases.
3 Piece Set Butterfly Cutters
Silver Edible Glitter
A New Piping Syringe as mine was poop!
A silver cake board

Bless her, I cant wait to get home and see them all now! I have to pop to tesco tonight to get yet more icing sugar, butter and cocoa!

Im hoping to attempt this tonight for my friend (probably not double tier!) as im not happy with the cupcakes I made…-pictures a few pages back!

https://i39.tinypic.com/157yaft.jpg

i really wanted to make cupcakes today but ive got fruit cake in the oven, i need to do a 8/10/12 so will be on a while :rofl:

might get the mix made up and put the cupcakes in before i put the next fruit one in

has anyone else got a giagantic mixing bowl ?? i love mine its fab but its absolutely huge!

Aww bless her :hugs:

I don't have a big stash either I've set myself a limit of £30 a month coz I want to practice as much as possible coz I am thinking of doing my own wedding cake :thumbup: xx

my bowl next to a 12 inch tin

https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/a3bfe47f.jpg

georgie that cake looks nice!! :)
but i dont see anything wrong with ur cupcakes??

it just seems everyones spending tons of money n getting stuff delivered all the time LOL im missing out :rofl:

saying that...ive spent money on photography stuff instead lately, new lenses n what-not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->