Cake Making & Baking Group

does anyone know what these are used for ??

we use them at work as medicine pots ??

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/24-white-CUP...Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ?hash=item439d8d274b

:haha: how odd, they look identical to little mediine cups!!

Sarah, fab job on the giant cupcake, did you use a mould or just make it by hand?

Oh and the adds at the bottom are from google, i think they go on keywords, if you got into a thread in LTTTC you'll see adds for IVF etc

thank you i hired out the wilton cupcake tin for £1.50....was thinking about buying it but wanted to see what it was like...i was surprised by how much i enjoyed it...i want to make more lol x

Ok girls here are some piccies of what cakes i have made over the weekend:

What you think?
x

they are great!!

i NEEEEEEEEEEED them cupcake cases they are lovely

Well i bought them from a shop by me...they are way more exspensive on ebay...thinking about buying in bulk next time especially colours i always use like yellow for lemon and the pink ones x

oooh really tracey? How much?
I could also do with some clour pastes if they are going cheap :winkwink::thumbup: xxx

lovely cakes!!

pink snowball...u bake in them :)

£24.00 for the tilting turntable hun.

pastes (sugarflair ones)
25g tubs £1.95

does anyone know what these are used for ??

we use them at work as medicine pots ??

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/24-white-CUP...Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ?hash=item439d8d274b

Like nuttymummy said you bake cupcakes in them....have you seen the funky designed ones?
x

Aww bless how cute Lea!! :D Bet it was nice was it!! :D Can't wait to see this wedding cake finished!!

Tracey I just copied these out of my shopping basket on the craft company would you be able to give me a rough price including postage :flower:

Cupcake Wrapper - Chocolate Hearts Pack of 12
5 x 8" White Box Base and Lid

5 x 10" White Box Base and Lid

5 x 12" White Box Base and Lid

5 x 8" Round Silver Drum - 12mm Thick

5 x10" Round Silver Drum - 12mm Thick

5 x 12" Round Silver Drum - 12mm Thick

Regalice Ready To Roll Icing White 500g

Palette Knife - 8" Cranked Blade

PME - Modelling Tools - pack of 8

Oooh pinkgirl where did you hire that big cupcake tin from? I am DESPERATE for one to bake Lilia's bday cake in but our local shop has sold out! Would be fab to hire it.

I would also be interested in ordering some bits, how soon can you get them tracey? Also, is there a minimum spend/quantity?

Oooh pinkgirl where did you hire that big cupcake tin from? I am DESPERATE for one to bake Lilia's bday cake in but our local shop has sold out! Would be fab to hire it.

I would also be interested in ordering some bits, how soon can you get them tracey? Also, is there a minimum spend/quantity?

I hired it from a local cake shop hun...where abouts are you?
x

I'm in leicester hun.

Did you use fondant icing around the base to make the 'case'? Was it easy to do?

Icing Whitner - can I use it for my buttercream? Where cab I buy it from?

I'm in leicester hun.

Did you use fondant icing around the base to make the 'case'? Was it easy to do?

i borrowed it from a local cake shop but i am in West Mids/stourbridge.
Yer i used fondant icing around the bottom...wasnt going to but did a little practice piece and thought i would give it ago...its a curvy around the bottom bit, like the inside of a cake case, i used my small rolling pin to help me shape it to the cake.

I think renting it is handy if you can find a cake shop that rent one...saves buying one for £30- £35
x

no worries whoppy...the bigger the list the better!! took me a while, but here goes:
the 16 mini cake pans...there are 2 sizes:
50mmX50mm (makes 2" cakes) £30.00
64x64 (m akes 2.5" cakes) £34.00
Milk choc cigarellos... theres slightly more in a box..(140) for £27.00
Bakers turntable £14.00
Heavy duty turntable £11.00
daisy plungers £8.00
Butterfly plungers £7.50
xxx

Wow Tracey thanks for costing up that little lot! There is a saving on every item there :happydance:

Now to sit down and work out what I shouldn't get as it'd come to over £90 without delivery!

HAS ANYONE used a tilting turntable? Is it worth spending that bit more and getting one? Or is it just a bit of a luxury I can do without?

Pinkgirl your cakes all look gorgeous, especially the choc orange ones. I think I've got a new fav cupcake flavour. I'm craving one so may have to make some this week!

Please could I have a quote for these Tracey inc P+P :flower:
I can reckon it up then, although this is not a final list :lol:

6 Cupcake Pink / Brown Box - Pack of 2 x2
12" Single Thick Square Silver Card
White Cupcake Box with Window - Holds 12 Cupcakes X3
Nylon Piping Bag - 12"
Regalice Ready To Roll Icing Chocolate Flavour 250g
Regalice Ready To Roll Icing Lilac 250g
Regalice Ready To Roll Icing Lincoln Green 250g
Regalice Ready To Roll Icing Teddy Bear Brown 250g X2
Regalice Ready To Roll Icing Professional Pink 250g
Regalice Ready To Roll Icing Yellow 250g
Regalice Ready To Roll Icing White 500g
Clikstix Multi Star Cutter and Ejector Set
PME Butterfly Veined Plunger Cutter - Set of 3

I got my whitener from my cake supply shop, I think craft company do it as well, I added it to my buttercream and I do think it got lighter but that could have been my eyes :lol:

Whoppy, I boughta turntable from lakelands for £12.99. It doesn't tilt bt it is really good :thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->