Cake Making & Baking Group

Ooh Bounty ones?!? How will you do those? Sounds interesting!
I'm not sure but I have a fab recipe for coconut cake so think I will adapt that and maybe add cocoa.
I think I will melt a couple of bounty bars and add that to buttercream icing.
I think it will be the weekend before I try them though, house of sickness here:(

Oh dear,i hope you are all better soon!

Can someone show me the recipe for Terrys chocolate orange cupcakes.I'd love to make a small batch for my Dad.

Ooo bounty ones sound good!

Jac are you doing the cannabis leaf cake? Mine has been confirmed.... shes picking it up Saturday and I told her she will have to add her extra stuff herself! :rofl:

Also doing a small cake for OH's cousins birthday, it is being taken up to Dundee so will have to be one tier so it will travel ok!
Dont know what to do for it.......she isnt really into anything.....

I think so Andrea...I said I would suss it out and let him know...

Im thinking something like this...

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/3518302543_3397cbb66c.jpg

would i do two seperate square cakes and carve the shapes?

I am planning on making 3 small in swissroll tins and then carving it out, the bits that are left over will use for the bottom leaves!

We were having a debate tonight in my house on how many leaves they have! Aparently there is different ones!!

When is yours for Jac?

LMAO andrea,

i used to be begged to draw these all the time by school kids dropping into the reptile centre (i drew pics all day because i was so bored LOL) and they always had 5 leaves...but were thinner than that , and have spikey leaves xx LOL

o yes...btw, ill price those things up for you after hun,
got a cake to start today xxx

OOhhh what cake you doing today Tracey?

I am worried about covering the leaf in fondant! It will probably be rough!

Have decided on a 10" white and blue blossom cake for OHs cousin :)

its the twins castle andrea.

yeah i wouldnt know where to start trying to cover all the little leaves inbetween etc! id just to a round one and stick one on LOL

does anyone know how to get royal icing the right consistance for piping?

pink...you need LOTS of icing sugar!!! u have to have it that thick that it aches your arm mixing it. put a spoon it in..pull it out and if it forms a peak its near enough done. u have to pipe a star on a piece of greaseproof paper, and leave it for 5 mins....if it still the same when u go back its done, if its lost its shape and turned to a blob, u need more icing sugar.

cake one in the oven!

andrea what sort of blue blossom cake? is it the one im thinking of?

I'm wanting to buy some shape cutters, stars butterflies etc...
now for the daft question, can i cut these shapes out of regalice? will they dry out like I am imagining or do you guys use something different?
Kind of so I can model with it and will keep its shape but still be edible if needs be.

Do you even know what I am wittering about or am I making no sense at all :lol:

If i do a normal sponge recipe and just mix in some melted terrys chocolate orange will that work?

haha which one are you thinking about?!
I was considering making the rose pot one I posted the other day but I dont think it would travel well!

Jo, if I am making butterflies and flowers I use gumpaste or mix gum tragcanth into normal fondant, it is just a bit stronger for when they have dried out :)

can only try ey!! Im sure they will be lovely!

I have tons of easter eggs that the kids got and wont be eating so need to come up with a plan to use them in baking somehow!

oh god was it you that i got the fridge cake recipe off the first time? Was so so good!!!

Yes LOL Lovely isn't it.

I now make a malteaser fridge cake all the time and keep being asked to make it :)

Just got the cakes out of the oven and tried a bit.Oh wow they are yummy! Now i'm unsure what to do for the icing.Buttercream with a tablespoon of orange juice? Would that work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->