Cake Making & Baking Group

oo i like this group, will be making lo's cake for his first bday soon, i am a terrible baker i dont know why, my cakes never come out amazingly fluffy and delicious, I am quite a good cook actually so I can never figure out why I don't bake well ,but hey I am not giving up.

I want to start making cakes so I can make one for H's 1st birthday and not have to buy one. Can this be like...a baking group? Not just cakes? :)

oo i like this group, will be making lo's cake for his first bday soon, i am a terrible baker i dont know why, my cakes never come out amazingly fluffy and delicious, I am quite a good cook actually so I can never figure out why I don't bake well ,but hey I am not giving up.

baking powder add the ingredients gradually and dont over beat it x

Oooo I love this thread..i really like spending the day baking, find it very therapeutic! :D

I'm planning on making Maxs birthday cake a main feature of his party and so would love some tips, Ive still got 4 months...:rofl: im a bit advanced :blush:

(PS ~ Love the pics..am very jealous!)

xXx

I love baking/cake making but dont do it too often as I'm trying to lose weight so if anyone has any low fat cake recipes then please share!!!

Yay! I LOVE baking!

Here's some I made yesterday....
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/taperjean/DSC04607.jpg
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/taperjean/DSC04600-1.jpg

Looking for help with Muffins! Can't master them at all :hissy:

Mmmmmmmm yummy!!

What did you use for the icing?

I love baking.I have an old fashioned recipe for sponge cakes and it works a treat.I make a xmas cake every september and I cover it brandy so when xmas comes you get knocked out on the fumes!I have done wedding cakes also.Even my own.I just made 2 cakes for a 16th and a 50th.I made a football which was a challenge and a half.

If you want any ideas or tips and i can help just shout!

please can you share the recipe for the sponge cake:cake:

Yay! I LOVE baking!

Mmmmmmmm yummy!!

It's butter icing,

125g of softened butter
8oz of icing sugar
vanilla or almond extract to flavour (my fav is almond!)
a few drops of milk to make it all fluffy
and a few drops of whatever colour you want to use :D

I love baking.I have an old fashioned recipe for sponge cakes and it works a treat.I make a xmas cake every september and I cover it brandy so when xmas comes you get knocked out on the fumes!I have done wedding cakes also.Even my own.I just made 2 cakes for a 16th and a 50th.I made a football which was a challenge and a half.

Its basic ......

2 eggs = 4oz of flour,sugar,butter + one tsp of baking powder and fold not beat

3 eggs = 6oz of flour,sugar,butter +tsp baking powder

4 eggs = 8oz of flour,sugar,butter +tsp baking powder

And so on.A little milk if it seems to stodgy and then a dash of vanilla essence,cocoa powder,coconut,fruit or whatever takes your fancy.I dont line my tins I grease and flour em x

I loooove making cakes :D We made OH's birthday cake, a bit dodgy 'cause we made it after consuming a large amount of vodka:

https://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii83/Pixie-Kitty/SDC10571.jpg?t=1242063781

T'was green, and banana flavoured!

Yay! I LOVE baking!

Mmmmmmmm yummy!!

It's butter icing,

125g of softened butter
8oz of icing sugar
vanilla or almond extract to flavour (my fav is almond!)
a few drops of milk to make it all fluffy
and a few drops of whatever colour you want to use :D

Thank you, going to try that this week-end. I use just the usual icing sugar but I want them to look like american cupcakes just like yours do

Its basic ......

And so on.A little milk if it seems to stodgy and then a dash of vanilla essence,cocoa powder,coconut,fruit or whatever takes your fancy.I dont line my tins I grease and flour em x

Thanks, how do I know how many eggs to use? does it depend on the cake tin? I just usually follow the same recipe for a sponge so have no idea how to "free style" :blush:

i am currently making a chocolate fudge cake, it has just come out the oven and i got to put it all together once cool, ill take a pic

im not a master chef but am trying lots of new foods

Lou
xxx

Yay! I LOVE baking!

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/taperjean/DSC04607.jpg
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/taperjean/DSC04600-1.jpg

Those are gorgeous!!! nice job:)

I LOOOVE baking.. making brownies this week... I'll post pics when I do them.. they're gonna have a twist to them.. but it's a secret!! :)

oooooooooo I love baking.... so much! hehe
I have bought some fab book, think some were off Book Peopls. One is a whole book on muffins!! lol and another is just brownies.
Going to make some the weekend and take a picture

Has anyone got a good recipe for "Blondies"?

oooooooooo I love baking.... so much! hehe
I have bought some fab book, think some were off Book Peopls. One is a whole book on muffins!! lol and another is just brownies.
Going to make some the weekend and take a picture

If your Muffins work please tell me how you did it!!

Its basic ......

Thanks, how do I know how many eggs to use? does it depend on the cake tin? I just usually follow the same recipe for a sponge so have no idea how to "free style" :blush:

OOPs sorry hun.I just realised a boo boo xxx edited below xx

2 eggs = 4oz of flour 4oz sugar 4oz butter + one tsp of baking powder and fold not beat

3 eggs = 6oz of flour 6oz sugar 6oz butter + tsp baking powder

4 eggs = 8oz of flour 8oz sugar 8oz butter + tsp baking powder

So its eggs and then the measure of ingredients. ie 3 eggs and 6 oz of ingredients ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->