Cake Making & Baking Group

Nothing fancy here - just some flapjacks but these are on the side RIGHT NOW cooling.....:munch:

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/moogsmum/pic020.jpg

You can see that my oven is a bit hotter on the edges and instead of turning them half way through....I was farting about on here.....:blush:

They are being collected at 7am tomorrow by my sister to take to work. They had some I made at the weekend so I've had to make some more :smug:

I'm not much of a baker really....Hevz Lemon Meringue Pie is AWESOME!!!! She makes the curd with fresh lemons - no cheating and its so scrummy. :D

I made these tonight, after all my Muffin disasters these ones arent too bad but still not as perfect as I want them to be! :hissy:!

Top Left- Large Banana & Chocolate Muffins
Top Right - Little Banana & Choc Muffins!
Bottom Left - Toffee Filled Vanilla Muffins (topped with melted Toffee Crisp!)
Bottom Right - Cherry Bakewell Muffins (Almond Muffin with Cherrys)

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/taperjean/DSC04613.jpg

:cake:!

Ooh, yay! Just realised the groups bit was open and came straight here!

I love baking! Make welsh cakes fairly often but do biscuits more than cakes really!! Just started baking bread and have made muffins once and was suprised with how amazingly they turned out for a first time- will post the name of the book when I get up in the morning- lol! Made DF's birthday cake last year- to busy to do it this year so his mum made it instead :( . Made biscuits as a Christmas present for my nan Christmas just gone and she loved them. That really made me feel good as she doesn't really eat much and apparently she refused to share them!! Looking forward to this Saturday as I'm making a chocolate cake to look like a giant KitKat for my friend's 21st- he REALLY loves KitKats- and it's quite exciting as I've never made a cake that isn't just turned out of the tin and iced before so it could work out well or be an unmitigated disaster!! I'll try to remember to post pictures whatever the outcome!!

All your cakes look amazing!!
Sorry for going on for so long! I think I just got over excited!! :rofl:

Beca :wave:

Note to self, do not come to this thread when hungry!!

Yum yum yum.

Hi girls :)

I absolutely love cooking/baking but being back at my parents (temporarily) makes me feel like I'm getting in the way so can't bake as much as I'd like. I can't wait for the days when me and OH are back in our own place and I can bake something ready for OH to come back after work. Probably wont ever happen but we can all dream!

xxx

I might make some cupcakes today not sure as im home alone and cant eat them all by myself :(

I want those toffee filled muffins/cupcakes??

Imagine those topped with Skor bar.. omg... deadly...

I have a question for the cake making ladies!!! Sorry to barge in just struggling lol

I have bought 3 tiers for my wedding cake from asda and I want to stack them. Has anyone ever done this before?

Alternative is to use pillars but I dont know how to do that either.

Any advice much appreciated :)
xxx

i loveeeeeeeee baking too! those all look fabulous ladies!

my favourite thing at the moment is pineapple upside-down cake-scrummy!

Im going to attempt to make the cake for Brooke's baptism in July. . .I managed to make a train with 8 carriages for my OH's birfday this year so im hoping a simple (!) square wont be too much of a challenge!!

xx

Im going to attempt to make the cake for Brooke's baptism in July. . .I managed to make a train with 8 carriages for my OH's birfday this year so im hoping a simple (!) square wont be too much of a challenge!!

xx

Remember to post pics of Brookes cake!

xx

Remember to post pics of Brookes cake!

ooh, yes i will! im gutted i didnt get a picture of OH's train cake. . darn!!!! :dohh:

im googling decoration ideas now. . . eek! x x

I'm making a steam pudding at the moment so I hope it comes out OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->