Cake Making & Baking Group

Hi Ladies,
I've just trawled through all of the gorgeous looking cakes and thought I'd be cheeky and ask for the flapjack and muffin recipes (If you don't mind that is!). I've recently started baking again and in the last couple of weeks have made a lovely victoria sponge, banana cake and my Mum's take on a Dumpling Cake... all were great and OH now thinks I have hidden talents! Hope you don't mind me joining you over here... I'll gladly post pics/recipes myself next time I bake!
:munch: :cake:

I've not made anything today!

This is my flapjack recipe - this does 1 baking tray 12x8.5" so you can alter to suit.

75g sugar - I like to use dark brown soft or demerara
150g butter
75g golden syrup

in a pan heat to a liquid.

250g oats. I put half of the oats in a bag and bash them up so they are smaller so theres a mixture of size oats. Add to the pan, a good mix and press in to the greased or lined tray. Gas 4 20/25mins.

So easy I can make them while she naps :happydance:
Take them out and score them to what size you want and leave to cool for an hour then remove from the tray :D

mervs mummy they sound FABAROONEY and pretty please can i make them too??????? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :cloud9:

whats cooking today ladies? iv got fairy cakes and a big chocolate sponge cooking :D

Tracie your cupcakes look fab! Mmmmm!

I need to go to ASDA and stock up on EVERYTHING! I have baked my cupboards bare!

Planning on making All Butter Shortbread and Scottish Tablet next, as requested from the guys at OH's work! Thats where all my baking seems to end up!

Can i ask, what cake store cupboard ingredients do you swear by?

To feel comfortable to bake! I have to have all this is my cupbaords just incase!

S/R Flour
Plain Flour
Caster Sugar
Granulated Sugar
Demerara Sugar
Baking Powder
Bicarb of Soda
Vanilla Extract
Almond Extract
Icing sugar

and Eggs and Butter in the fridge!

All just incase of course!

Thanks hun.
Im not much of a baker, but decided to give it ago today, needed my mind being taken off things, kind of therapeutic.

Thanks hun.
Im not much of a baker, but decided to give it ago today, needed my mind being taken off things, kind of therapeutic.

It really is therapeutic and you feel great when something turns out yummy! Then you can eat it and feel even better!

Hope it does make you feel better :hugs:

Right then, what do i ice them with, they were cupcakes, but i didnt know wht to cook them in so cooked them in muffin cases?

Muffin cases are fine hun, just bigger versions of cupcakes!

My fav icing is just the icing sugar mixed with water, but if you want them to look more like big american cupcakes you can use butter icing.....

125g soft butter
8oz icing sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla OR almond extract
few drops of milk if needed to make it more fluffy

beat it all together til its fluffy and you can pipe it on them or just use a knife then decorate!

Remember to post pix!

Tracie your cupcakes look fab! Mmmmm!

I need to go to ASDA and stock up on EVERYTHING! I have baked my cupboards bare!

Planning on making All Butter Shortbread and Scottish Tablet next, as requested from the guys at OH's work! Thats where all my baking seems to end up!

Oh no...my mouth is actually watering at the thought of Tablet! My Mum's Aunt used to make it for us but since she passed away, I've not had any of the proper stuff - only 'fake' shop bought imitations! Don't suppose you have foolproof recipe for this?! (Or is it a secret one that's been in your family for years?!)

Mmmmm....tablet.....mmmmmm!

P.S. For anyone who hasn't had tablet, just imagine the richest, toffee/fudge type flavour, that just melts in your mouth and dissolves to nothing... it crumbles away leaving nothing but a smile on your face! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->