Cake Making & Baking Group

I have charged around £1 a cupcake, though a couple of people I charged £10 for 12, they ordered them when I very first sent my samples out, so I think I have undercharged, because I have added boxes to them and little embelishments, but I couldn't really go back and say, actually I want more now LOL.

In fact I have just done my first proper order, I'll uplaod in a min, I'm very proud of them :)

woop! She's having a 2 tiered cake in pink/purple with 10 matching cupcakes too!:happydance: Its for a lady off here so the pressure is on!
oooh Jac I have some fab girly glitter it would look ace on a pinky/purple cake
https://www.rainbowdust.co.uk/hologram-lavender.html

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/jodielou/cakes%20and%20stuff/e817df04.jpg

They look fantastic Jo :) Really pretty.Where are the butterflies from or did you make them?

I love that colour rainbow dust.Gorgeous.

Thank you :D
I made the butterflies, I did them a little while ago just messing and kept them, I used the plungers then dusted them with a yellow sparkle.

Fingers crossed my customer likes them x

i might get married just to get a kitchen aid!!

Jo they are beautiful!!
They got a bargain!

Jac you will do a fantastic job!! I did a glittery Barbie cake once!

I've just done the cupcakes that are getting picked up tomorrow......

But i got a craving so now have some lemon ones and orange ones in the oven!!

Gonna dip them! :D

Hmmmm........ might make some cherry and almond ones aswell!!

awww wow jo!! they look fantastic!!! very elegant n pretty!!!
bet your customer will LOVE them!

oo i love girly cakes, u can get away with allsorts, u can use as much pink as you like, lots of girly pink fluff, feathers, tiaras, diamantes n sparkle as you want :) great stuff!!

thats the nozzle i thought looked good jo..i think im falling out with my bekenal one!! is yours the wilton one?

how do you get your buttercream thickish?! i used butter, icing sugar and milk and van essence but it came out a bit runny than i would have liked to pipe on the cupcakes..any ideas xx

how do you get your buttercream thickish?! i used butter, icing sugar and milk and van essence but it came out a bit runny than i would have liked to pipe on the cupcakes..any ideas xx

Do you use proper butter or margarine? I find proper unsalted butter best, also adding more Icing sugar helps to make a stiffer consistency, thats what I do anyway, sure there are other suggestions too?

awww wow jo!! they look fantastic!!! very elegant n pretty!!!
bet your customer will LOVE them!

oo i love girly cakes, u can get away with allsorts, u can use as much pink as you like, lots of girly pink fluff, feathers, tiaras, diamantes n sparkle as you want :) great stuff!!

thats the nozzle i thought looked good jo..i think im falling out with my bekenal one!! is yours the wilton one?

Thank you, i'm so pleased with them :)

Yep mine is the Wilton one, I got it in the pack from Craftcompany
I love it and haven't used the others that came with it except the filler, mine is a bit squished now as I keep trapping it under the washing up bowl :rofl:

I use the butter and cream cheese recipe to pipe them, I think all recipes we use are on page 1 :)

gorgeous cupcakes Jo :)
Sorry if iv missed anything - 10 pages to catch up on! This thread is so fast moving!! :rofl:
So i got a little bit overexcited and volunteered to do a really girly glittery pretty peppa pig cake for my baby cousin (turning 5)...only i didnt realise she needed it for this sunday...and im already doing MIL's cake for saturday...and im out at her bday party on saturday night :dohh:
So im planning a mega day of baking tomorow. Bake and decorate MIL's cake, and Backe and cover with fondant Lara's (cousin) cake, ready to decorate in the morning before i leave for MIL's....
lol iv spent all day modelling, touching up MILs model and making peppa pig, as well as assorted bits na dbobs to put on mil's cake....im pretty chuffed tbh, considering its my first ever attempt at sugarcraft modelling :D
Oooh! And i finally got round to buying myself a turntable, got the PME tilting one and im too excited to christen it! Lol i love new things :haha::haha:
Heres todays efforts
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs559.ash1/32567_419130075699_588895699_5820700_689605_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs659.snc3/32567_419130065699_588895699_5820699_5642798_n.jpg
:D xxx

lol btw im planning on piping on MILs hair later...she isnt bald IRL :rofl::rofl:

Wow Kris they look fantastic, can't wait to see the finished cakes x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->