Cake Making & Baking Group

omg that is soooooooooooo lush!!!!

I want one of those, cant afford it yet though:cry:

i also LOVE that little train pan too:cloud9:

Oh bought it for me think he was more excited about making it than me :haha:

Ladies how much do you charge for cupcakes? 6, 12 & 16 of them? Xx

in the muffin case size...roughly £1 but more if lots of decoration is required....cake shops roughly start at £2.50 up to £7.00 each though

haha ill show my age but i used to make everything from Hartbeat and blue peter!!

Same here! I remember trying to make the Thunderbirds Tracey Island, also made over several episodes! And also the blue peter puppies made from the old style fabric conditioner bottles and chopped up bits of wool!

Also, on the subject of prices for cakes, do any of you know the going rates for say a 7" or 9" square sponge decorated with fondant? I'm making more and more recently, but whenever anyone asks prices I get all embarrased and end up mumbling a price probably a lot lower than what I should charge? I just think that they can go to tescos and get a ready iced cake for about £8 but it costs me more in time and energy to make one, so i'm charging about £20 at the moment but everyone says that's very reasonable so should I be charging more ladies? Starting to stress now, I've got two to make for the 21st and everyones asking prices!

On the subject of kitchen aides/mixers I got the Kenwood one, too, from MIL for xmas, I love it, so quick and easy, however, not as pretty as the Artisan, therefore gets shoved in a cupboard!

I feel really mean.My brother has asked me to make his some sega cupcakes for his birthday,similar to the ones i made Jack that were Nintendo characters.

I went to my Aunties and used all her fondant and equipment for that and she helped guide me and i can't really ask that of her again and i can't afford to buy lots of fondant and tools etc.I feel really mean :(

i charge £8 for a box of 6 muffin case size..... i have 12 being collected tomorrow but they are £18 cos of they are chocolate (more expensive to make) and the decorations on them are dearer.

BUT i do add ribbon, stickers, labels etc! So that bumps my price up too but i dont wont to sell them without it!!! LOL!

Yes.I usually add a bit of boiled water to the cocoa powder to make a paste and then add it.

Or cheat and use Betty Crockers chocolate fudge buttercream ;)

The bournville cocoa powder is good,in a red tub.

I find that the normal cocoa powders don't look very dark and chocolatey they look dull but taste ok.You can add melted chocolate to buttercream to flavour it too.

I really want to bake now!

Andrea, Tracey, so how much for 30 mini cupcakes? Just vanilla with sparkly 2 tone BC? Obviously in a box.....??

jac, what do u mean by mini? i only ever make to 52mm large cupcake/muffin size.

just weigh out your ingredients from new packs.....see how much you have used...roughly 1/4 of a pack, 1/2 a pack etc see how much youve paid for your ingredients and work out the right amount of money

say youve paid 50p for a pack of sugar, and youve used half a bag...thats 25p

then do the same for your buttercream and decoration, box etc.
then dont forget to include electric/gas for the oven, and people forget to take some for the petrol youve used getting your stuff, etc. and obviously your time for doing it, coz sometimes they take longer than planned!
im seriously thinking about charging more for the time i spend cleaning my kitchen afterwards :rofl:
people forget all the little things to add on which could bring you out at a loss, like the boxes, any decor for the box, the cases of course! (i just forgot that LOL)

Like Tracey said!! ^^^^ LOL!

The time taken on cakes is frightening!! I spent 4 hours the othe r night making roses and i am nowhere near finished..... the cake isnt till next week so still have that to do aswell./.... and clean up after!! LOL!

Jo - Love it

Jac - your not my friend anymore, you stole my future lover :rofl: :rofl: Is it bad that i've put one on my wedding list, along with the matching blender? :blush:

Gemgti - That cupcake looks sooo cute!! I want one

LOL Holly!!! No hun, I dont blame you putting one on your list!!! and you are friend, you loves meeeeeee:cloud9:

I think the ladies changed her mind about the cupocakes and is going to have a birthday cake plus cupcakes off me:happydance: and its going to be megaaa girlie! woop. dying to do a girly birthday cake...it willl have my 100% effort in it I can tell you!

Done my teco shop and am soooo looking forward to baking tomorrow...gonna make LOAAADSSSS and LOOOAADDSSS!!!:haha:

woop! She's having a 2 tiered cake in pink/purple with 10 matching cupcakes too!:happydance: Its for a lady off here so the pressure is on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->