Cake Making & Baking Group

I'm Andrea :)

Great ben 10 cake, ive just had another order for one, oh the dread..... black AND grey icing!!! argh!

Great cake Nic!!

Tracey, glad your little man is ok:thumbup:

I'm Jac BTW:haha:

Sorry if this has been posted before, just wondering where you girls get your letters for your cakes?? Are they cutters or do you buy the sugar letters already formed?
Am doing Archies birthday cake on friday n just realised i have no letters hahaha

Ha ha check this cake out!!!! Andrea you said your wasp was a bugger to make well try this one :haha:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9438541@N04/4058862253/

look at the others she makes amazing!

WOW!! all her cakes are just amazing!! wonder how she got its tentacles to stick up, ricecrispie squares maybe!!! :D

Sorry if this has been posted before, just wondering where you girls get your letters for your cakes?? Are they cutters or do you buy the sugar letters already formed?
Am doing Archies birthday cake on friday n just realised i have no letters hahaha

I tend to use tappits, they are like little stencil/cutters for letters and numbers that you can get in all different sizes and fonts/styles, you can get them from most cake decorating suppliers, I know my local cake decorating shop sells a couple of different sorts, can also but from some of the websites listed throughout this group and also Ebay. They are best used with flowerpaste that has rolled out really, really thin (so that you can see a picture or piece of text that has been placed below it) and been left to dry out a little as the letters will then just come out of the tappit when you tap it on the worktop, then apply them using some tweezers and either edibe glue, water or a clear alcohol such as gin or vodka -only a tiny amount mind!
HTH x

and eoz, I agree those cakes are amazing but some of them are down right uurgh! I don't think I could stand to take a bite of the rat, octopus or zombie ones!! lol!

i remember the first time i used tappits...... threw them across the kitchen in temper!!! Got in eventually though! LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->