Cake Making & Baking Group

the only shop closest to me is somerfields and they charge £2.90 a tub! sainsburys charge £2.00. So i shall only stick the chocolate ones. Ill make the buttercream and store it for my vanilla and lemon ones :)

Glitter lovely cupcakes. Where did you get the cupcake box from with that design on it?

This weekend i have a choc victoria sponge with vanilla buttercream to do and 12 cupcakes.
Then next wekend i have a giant cupcake a normal victoria sponge and a choc victoria sponge again. Im going to be busy hope Sophie is a good girl that day.

Fantastic cakes and cupcakes Girls :thumbup:

I always have butter icing left over and store it for a couple of days

Gemti I have them boxes as well, I got mine frommy local shop but the Craft company do them as well

OMG!! gemgti, I've just noticed you have a four week old baby girl! How on earth are you managing to look after a newborn aswell as bake all those cakes! I applaud you!!

Fantastic cakes and cupcakes Girls :thumbup:

I always have butter icing left over and store it for a couple of days

Gemti I have them boxes as well, I got mine frommy local shop but the Craft company do them as well

Thanks Jo for some reason i had only seen the 6 hole ones but now ive looked properly ive seen them lol

OMG!! gemgti, I've just noticed you have a four week old baby girl! How on earth are you managing to look after a newborn aswell as bake all those cakes! I applaud you!!

Thank you :flower:, i have been very lucky and she is a good girl. Sometimes i bake them in the evening so OH can watch her and then ice them the next morning whilst she is sleeping.

girls... does anyone want to do a wee job (paid obviously) for me?
as you know.. im buying this cake for Rubys party...
https://www.marksandspencer.com/Pin...31&mnSBrand=core&_encoding=UTF8&rh=n:72566031
and posted a few days ago about wanting to add a few things to it.. i cant find anything like what i want, so i need someone to make me some bespoke stars!

ive ordered a lovely chunky pink number 1 candle for the top, but wants some stars on wires to stick into the teirs.. in white & pink... does anyone think they could help me out?

all them cake are absolutely fabulous wish i could do them x x x x x x

GORGEOUS cakes ladies!! Im so impressed!!

All my stuff came for Seths birthday cake today Im so excited to make it :)

x

Fantastic cakes.Very talented ladies! Waiting on 3 i love the last one,so girly and sweet :)
And TJG i love the shade of the blue on the Gran cake,so pretty.

Heres the cupcakes i did today.

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P5201832.jpg

Theses are perfect! I want the same effect for my baby shower cakes is that ordinary cake cases?

I have some fabby ideas and had made cakes for yrs but just want that extra special touch this time.So you bake in muffin tin i take it.Also hun would they fit in a cupcake wrapper ok?

I've never used a cupcake wrapper but cupcake wrappers are usually quite big so i would have thought so?

Yes i use a muffin tin :)

Cool thank you.I kinda guessed you all did muffin size cakes as fairy buns are so diddly.
Will have a practise run as i'm moving before the big bake.Thanks again x

Hiya!!

Can someone tell what you do to make your sponge Chocolate? I used to just substitute some flour for cocoa powder but is that the best way? and roughly how much.

TIA xxx

A normal sponge recipe and substitute 3 spoonfulls of flour for 3 spoonfuls of cocoa powder hun :thumbup: x

No probs hun :) What is your next cake making adventure going to entail? :D

How did the other cake go? Did you get pics? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"