Cake Making & Baking Group

Fantastic cakes.Very talented ladies! Waiting on 3 i love the last one,so girly and sweet :)
And TJG i love the shade of the blue on the Gran cake,so pretty.

Heres the cupcakes i did today.

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P5201832.jpg

Theses are perfect! I want the same effect for my baby shower cakes is that ordinary cake cases?

Did you make or buy the little roses hun?

hi girls im back!!

my little boy was AMAZING! he did everything he was told and was a total angel compared to the other kids there. im so proud of him :) he had no issues with the mask whatsoever, even when they took the plastic thing out of his hand, he didnt even notice! i love him sooo much :)

ok...now onto the cakes!

andrea, trainer is fab!! i thought it was cake not rice krispies! (or what the americans call...rice krispie treats!) what did u do with the squares...put them together then carve? LOL ive always wanted to try it for harder bits of the cakes but i havent had the guts LOL any chance of a step by step of what u did? ive seen some on the net but they look to complicated for me! LOL u should have taken step by step pics!! LOL

waiting for 3...AMAZING cakes!! (whats ur real name by the way?!) your orange and green came out fantastic! and i love the scooby one, how could you not be happy with that! the colour of blue is spot on, and i love your ball border! ur little girl is very lucky to have a cake like that!!!

glitter, perfect cupcakes! they look great!

im so glad Kai is ok!! Such a little star!!

Yeah just squish them together, then carve! i started a step by step but then forgot!! LOL!
They are really sticky so easy to stick together, and if you make a mistake carving you can just squish it back on!!!

I used pastillage to cover it :)

He said he wants to keep the trainer bit, think it would ok to keep?! it would probably just go all hard eventually i thought!

lol yeah, as long as he didnt put it anywhere humid or damp it would keep fine i should think.
lol i forget the step by steps too!! well maybe u could post the pics that u remembered to take pics of lol

ha ha i love that u can just 'squish' the mistakes back on!! LOL but if u carve, wouldnt lumps of rice krispies come off and leave holes, i imagine it to be dead bumpy!

lol you would think it would be but it comes up quite smooth! well about as smooth as a sponge would!

heres a couple of the pics i remembered to do!!

Attachments

• DSC01256.jpg
    DSC01256.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01257.jpg
    DSC01257.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01260.jpg
    DSC01260.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01264.jpg
    DSC01264.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01350.jpg
    DSC01350.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 17
after the first blue i put of i squished it down even more with the icing one cos it just wasnt looking right!

fantastic andrea!! the blue bit ont he 3rd pic could be turned into a bob sleigh!! LOL
yeah its not bumpy at all!! great stuff xx

No probs hun :) What is your next cake making adventure going to entail? :D

How did the other cake go? Did you get pics? x
Just making a 2 tier one now! Will have pics later on. Doing green and black Ben Ten theme. :flower:

Fantastic cakes.Very talented ladies! Waiting on 3 i love the last one,so girly and sweet :)
And TJG i love the shade of the blue on the Gran cake,so pretty.

Heres the cupcakes i did today.

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P5201832.jpg

Theses are perfect! I want the same effect for my baby shower cakes is that ordinary cake cases?

Did you make or buy the little roses hun?

I usually make them but these ones i got from ebay :blush:

on a 2 tier do you have to have a cake board between the 2 tiers as well as the dowels??

on a 2 tier do you have to have a cake board between the 2 tiers as well as the dowels??

Generally yes. If the second tier is really small - like a 6" on a 12" or something like that you can omit the dowels but each cake should be on its own board. hth!

Thanks Hun, I did use a board!

Here is the finished cake... I am dead pleased with it :blush:

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 20
Flowerfairy it looks sooooo good:thumbup: I havent done a 2 tier cake yet so good on you! How did you find the black fondant - easy or hard?

Well ive just made a ton of buttercream literally - blue, pink, yellow, chocolate. LOADSSSSSSSSS! sucks cos its so nice outside but LO hates the heat so it was ok.

I found the black fondant easier than I expected. I had heard it was one of the more difficult colours but was fine.
Thanks x

ladies!

im baking my cupcakes tomorrow using my mums oven (hope its ok) lol. Anyways im strapped for time and im doing 120 now phew. not 200. So thats 10 trays of 12. I was wondering instead of doing one tray at a time would it be safe to put a shelf just under the middle shelf and cook another tray of cupcakes at the same time? (this is just in case i cant fit two trays of twelves on one shelf).

OOORRR would that be silly cos they might not cook right. Just wondered if any of you have done that.

Is there a nack to getting the tap it letter out!!!!!1

Hi, the easiest way with tappit's I find is to use sugarpaste and let it dry out a bit before cutting the letters and then just give it a sharp tap and it *should* free itself! The cake is great, too - you should be pleased with yourself!
Nuttymummy, thank you sooo much, and I'm glad your little boy is ok and that everything went well! :) My real name is Heather, btw! I'm still trying to grasp everyone elses! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->