Cake Making & Baking Group

tahnk you :)

he's by no means perfect but he was a lil scruffy in the book wasnt he :rofl:

& also since its my first effor at doing anything like this really Im quite proud of myself :) x

great cake linzi!! i can see why the strawberry laces would have taken ages!! well done!!

sarah thanks for the t-shirt pic. its super cute!! im obsessed with cupcake things at the mo, i almost bought a cupcake dress from matalan!! it didnt sit right for my shape though :( was gutted! LOL

great cupcakes!!! i just use buttercream for the frosting, or sometimes im naughty and buy betty crocker fudge MMMMMMMMM

ill eventually get my christening cupcake pics on sometime today!!

jac, andrea...where r u!!!??? LOL

I'm here :thumbup:

I did a birthday cake at the weekend for a friends son, I actually made a model of him sat in grass holding a mobile phone with a fag in an ashtray next to him, he had a cap on too! I wasnt too impressed with it to be honest so didnt take a pic...I wish I would have now as everyone was saying how good it was..:dohh:

here are some choc and strawberry cupcakes a few nights ago...bought a new chocolate mould and wanted to try it out.
https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/jacs%20blinkies/fabrics/IMG_5049.jpg

I have fell out with my tappits so Im going to buy some clik-stix ones...haha.

Can someone help me? I've just made a cake with some eggs Mum gave me,they don't go out of date until tomorrow but the whites were quite watery/runny when i cracked them but they didn't smell of long bad apart from that. Will they be ok?

jac they look fantastic!! i love how u get ur icing to look 'ruffly' :) looks great!

awww yeah, u should take pics of EVERY cake you make, some times u can look n think...actually, that wasnt as bad as i thought it was!! i think ive made about 4-5 cakes that ive forgotten to take pics of!! including a building block with a lion jumping out of it for a boy called leo! i only remembered once she took it out the door! LOL

i should think so, if eggs are off they usually smell, the whites and yolks can come in different colours and consistencies so im sure they are ok.

here are my christening cupcakes:
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs550.ash1/32109_396668923322_509248322_4195936_5324409_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs610.snc3/32109_396668943322_509248322_4195937_4626270_n.jpg

Me and my son were looking at those cupcakes on facebook earlier NuttyMummy they look so cute!
Pretty cupcake Jac :)

yeah she had 25 feet ones (blue with white feet and visa versa) and 5 duckies with bubbles :)

then she bought a very small fruitcake for the top of the tower....OMG talk about knackered! it was supposed to be like the top of a wedding cake....how M&S sell these things is beyond me!! it wasnt even in the centre of the cake board, it had slid to the back and set there, one side of the cake was totally straight as if it had been squashed against the box and all the piping swirls n dots were either squashed or broken!! and i have to sit here while people think that i have made it!!! :( i just hope to god she tells everyone the top cake was from m&s!!! LOL

tappits suck Jac, and ive not evengot them back out from Layla's bday lol! Will try again for OH maybe. I need you to make me headphones too :kiss: ohh and buy me some coloured fondant and send it this way :D Luffs ya!

i went MAD with tappits before! i used to get well mad at them but once youve got it sussed its not too bad!!! i still get the odd letter that gets stuck buts its not as bad as before!! keep practicing!! xxx

Ohh and what do you colour your fondant with, and uhm, ohh yeah, what do you keep all your cupcakes in? I made 12 last night, and had to leave them on side with foil over top, and there was a fly :rofl: in there this morning. Throwing 6 lovely cakes out was not a good start to my day!!

But today i have made another 24, and theyre dotted in tins, tupperware pots, and some in the bloody fridge :rofl:

Ohh and :( the ones i made today, my buttercream was too runny (didn't look or taste diff) but my swirls all fell down, so they look like glaze icing on top damnit!

u can colour your fondant with pastes, search for sugarflair and you should find some :)

u can keep your cupcakes in tupperware, biscuit tins etc, or on a plate with foil ove rlike you said xx

yeah, when u make ur buttercream make sure its quite stiff, and when u pull your spoon out, see if it makes a 'peak' does the peak stand up nice and straight and last a while? or does it curl over and sink back into the icing quickly? ur aiming for nice stiff peaks, leave your ising for about 3 mins and see if its a little 'glazed looking....if it is, you need more icing sugar :hugs:
xx

Hi I'm a new here and was just wondering where you got your duck and feet toppers from nuttymummy? your cakes look amazing!

I want to do a rubber duck theme for LOs christening and they would be ideal!

cheers
Sarah

hi bertie bones, i made the ducks from fondant,

the feet are what the customer bought but im pretty certain she got them from ebay xxxx

just try searching for baby feet toppers or something like that. good luck! xx

^^^I bought a little silicone mould from ebay that does the exact same feet hun! Ive got a few different moulds now, I love them.

Tracey your duckies are tooo cute!

Ok, how do you get your icing straight? Why is mine ruffley? I like it ruffley but would like to know how to get it straight too! I use a wilton 1m nozzle.

sam: I can do you headphones hun, and ill get your icing too, will bring them up though not posting them...! Dont trust blummin royal mail!

Ohhhhhhhh I know what I meant to ask , I want to make stripey fondant on one of the tiers for a little girls bday cake...can you buy like 'strip cutters'?

and another question....once you buttercream your sponge, how long do you leave it in the fridge before you ice it?

I put my last cake in the fridge but left it overnight, it covered so much better, no lumps n bumps.....is this ok or too long?

i dunno about strip cutters jac, i just used a ruler!

leaving your cake in overnight wont be a problem! I always fine it harder to get smooth though cos every little bump is rock hard!!!

But if it works for you then stick to it! :D

Ive just finished the roulette cake, its ok, but as usual im never pleased!
She doesnt want it posted on FB til Sunday..... so i imagine she wont want pics of it on here either! hehe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->