Cake Making & Baking Group

*woops pressed enter* im not sure if its worth it. I might just keep it as a hobby. Im in two minds so i need your advice. x

Nothing :lol: I charge for the ingredients and a little on top for electric and may a fiver per cake for my time!

Just a quick question girls how much do you charge for fruit cakes? I've just been asked to 2 a 2 tier fruit wedding cake but I have never made a fruit cake before :wacko: So dunno how much to quote her? Or should I just buy a premade cake and ice it myself? xx

Ok no laughing allowed, this was my first attempt at cupcakes!, they aren't are lovely and pretty as the ones you girls make but I guess you have to start somewhere :shrug:

https://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt22/bearbumsnappies/misc/DSC01864.jpg

They are brill hun! Alot better than how my first ones turned out haha!! Well done!!! xx

Well done!

They are fab! They are better then what I could do!

I only use butter icing, bet they taste gorge!

x

They look lovely. Alot better than what i did for my first ones... i was so embrassed that i didnt take a piccie lol x

Button.....they are fantastic...bet they tasted yummy...they look so cute!
Did you enjoy making them?
xx

Oooh they look tasty and they are so falt, well done you x

:hi: girls!

Still trying to keep up with this thread!! Not done one since madam's princess one, but OH 30th is coming up soon :D

oOh and can you get music notes cutters? Oh likes to DJ, so thinking of headphones on a fondant cake, tappits for name/happybday etc, but something else to jazz it up.

Ohh and takers on the headphones to be made and sent here thanks :rofl:

sam...ive seen music cutters, just try searching for some on ebay. i have seen them though :)

button...absolute perfection....that really your first go??!!! amazing, you should be very proud!

well i make my christening cupcakes 2moro......not looking forward to them really as she wants little footprints on but directly onto the swirl icing. the feet are sooooo tiny they would look better mounted on little fondant discs first and then ontop....but she doesnt want fondant on, so guess im just going to have to do as im told for once LOL

yup i promise my first go lol, it was fun and i was actually surprised at how quick it was to make them!

They are soooooooo yummy too! hehe

o yeah, they are quite quick to actually cook, and they cool pretty quick too!
u did a fabby job!

oOh and can you get music notes cutters? Oh likes to DJ, so thinking of headphones on a fondant cake, tappits for name/happybday etc, but something else to jazz it up.

Ohh and takers on the headphones to be made and sent here thanks :rofl:

there is some here, near the bottom of the page!

https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/acatalog/Shape_Cutters.html

caitlins mummy, i never make fruit cake....my nan used to leave it in the oven overnight!!! it requires lots of baking LOTS of ingredients etc.
so i buy mine ready made, at least then u are guaranteed the depth and a reasonably flat top.
i have 3x10" a 12" an 8" and 6" fruit cake here ready for future orders! and they are great as they last 12 months in the shrink wrap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->