Cake Making & Baking Group

Ohhh yum, Jo those chocolate and lime ones look delicious!

Ive been looking everywhere for the bloomin askeys cones to do icecream cupcakes, cant find none anywhere..

I got mine from the Co-op on offer :thumbup:

Well im a busy baking bee today, absolutely knackered as its our first day bakc after our weekend away and we did a 6 hour drive yesterday :shock:
But its my stepdads birthday tomorow and a cake is a must so im doing some last minute design and have to run out to the cake shop in a minute once the sponges are out of the oven.
I really need to get a 2nd 10" tin, atm im baking the first half of the sponge, then that has to come out so i cvan do the next...argh then again i dont think the ovens big enough for 2 10" tins :dohh:
But yup im planning hippos, a sofa/armchair and cats...on a red cake i think..
lol i really should of thought about this! xxxx

OH my that is a lot of pressue Kris, good luck x

Why is it that whenever i have a cake to do Tommy gets extra clingy and fussy? :dohh:
Bless him, hes got his whinging pants on today...

lovely cupcakes Jo!! mmm chocolate and lime...i saw those in my cupcake book n thought YUM!!!!

kris.that sounds very complicated!! LOL
i only have one of each tin.....if i put two cake in at the same time (one on bottom, one on top) they never seem to come out right, one will always rise better and the other comes out as a different consistency. so i bake one, and then do the other one after! :)

Both out the oven now for a run to the cake shop lol,
im hoping it wont be too bad...most probably see me into the early hours though lol xxx

Why is it that whenever i have a cake to do Tommy gets extra clingy and fussy? :dohh:
Bless him, hes got his whinging pants on today...

Must be a day for it! Thomas is the same :( Good thing hes off to Grandma's soon I need a chillax.

I'm stepping away from making cakes for now, I'm on a diet and its not helping LOL. I am still going to do the orders I have or in the pipeline I just mean I won't be experiementing making my own :thumbup: Although I do need to make some at some point tomorrow as Thursday and Friday are OH last day at work so I said I would make some as they all said they are going to miss my cakes more than they are going to miss OH :haha: xx

Jo are they the wafer ones or the other ones? Did you bake them in those cones?

Girls, I need mini champagne flutes! any ideas where i can get some from?

our morrisons is the only place to get those ice cream cones here jac.....

erm what size champange flutes? What they for? x

Cakes look lovely ladies! Kris you must be mad, lol, I thought I always left it a bit late!
Jac, I'm sure I've seen them before, I just can't remember where! I will have a look and try and get back to you on that one!
I have a question, too! How do you girls attach little models to the wires that sprout from a cake (does that make sense?) last time I used blobs of royal icing but it didn't really feel too secure! I want to make little balloons, I could make them flat and do it with the royal icing again or I was thinking of poking the wires into little spheres to look like inflated balloons, but what could i do to stop the icing slipping down the wires?? Help!?!

our morrisons is the only place to get those ice cream cones here jac.....

erm what size champange flutes? What they for? x

ahh right, trip to morrisons then...

they are for a cake lol! Ha ha, no I want to do a model of drunk woman with bottles of champers n flutes lying about..

Look what I found!! :haha:

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/photo.php?pid=4882069&id=293531476430&fbid=400991316430

jac im sure Tracey has done something similar to that! If its little teeny ones, maybe search dolls house accesories on ebay?

kelly thats too cute!!

there is these on ebay

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DOLL-HOUSE-M...UK_Dolls_House_Miniatures&hash=item53dc4c25fe

I had a play at making a baby carriage for one of my polystyrene cakes and am quite pleased with the results!
look!
sorry pic is crap, the handle bar is drying so is not sruck on yet :rofl:

https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/jacs%20blinkies/fabrics/IMG_0901.jpg
https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/jacs%20blinkies/fabrics/IMG_0902.jpg
https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/jacs%20blinkies/fabrics/IMG_0904.jpg

what do you girls think for a first go>?

Hello Ladies,

I hope you dont mind me jumping in, but I really need you help and advice!

Ive recently started 'baking' nothing major, just a simple sponge & choccie cake. Not good enough to post pics but my family sai they really liked 'em and my sister now wants me to have a go at making a cake for my nephew who turns 16 in July.

Just I've never used marzipan (im assuming this is what I need) Obviously I'll have a few practice runs beforehand but has anyone got any tips on where to start etc!

Sorry if its been previously mentioned, i didnt fancy going through 500+ pages! :wacko:

She wants me to do the cake in the shape of a number 16 and with a football/tottenham hotspur design.

If anyones got any tips that be fab! Thank you so much XXX :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->