Cake Making & Baking Group

lovely cakes babydance and Tracey! The girly cupcakes are lovely and I love how her name is wrote across the one.
and lol! I didn't think her bum was very little, I was wondering whether to do it again, but i'm sick of the sight of them now - I restarted them so many times! That's the only problem when I'm charging for them - they should be absoloutly perfect and even though noone else can see the problems - I can!

i think they are perfect!!! shes got such a cute little bum! ha ha i love them!
debbie brown does some good ones, i love how she does the legs!! i cant get them to look like hers though LOL

Yeah, I look at them and think oh, that will be fairly easy enough and plan it in my head, but then when I come to do it it's a whole different story! I was going to try and form the whole body shape out of just one piece of fondant, but it wasn't happening so ended up performing an operation! lol! but it was the first time having to model actual people rather than the chunky fairy toppers, and I suppose everything comes with practise! Much happier doing this than just the pair of boobs -probably because it's in my comfort zone! I have tried baking a cake in a pyrex bowl before - dd wanted a pink triceratops for her 3rd birthday - she's been watching too much Land Before Time! found it really difficult to to know when it was cooked all the way through, still being moist but without it burning?

i hate cooking in pyrex bowls....they always turn out fine but the actual consistency of the cake is different...alot more 'dense' i prefer just round cakes LOL
awww i used to love the land before time!! the first one :) i got it on dvd aswell :blush: LOL
the skewer test is the best for this type of cake x

Fabulous cakes and cupcakes girls.
Well the lovely purple ones got squished once they had made it to school :( :lol:
they stacked them, Em told them it was a rookie mistake!! :rofl:
I was there 5 minute after the fayre opened and they had all been sold :happydance:

I got asked yesterday by a friend if I could do a christening cake, OMG I nearly wet myself laughing!!

Hey girls
Great cakes and cupcakes.

Well i made a huge amount of cupcakes for my school fayre. around 60. I have 3 large cupcake boxes full. I hid them in my classroom and got them out just before we set up. Word had got around that i had made them......well lets just say two boxes were sold before they went out...and the rest went within 10 mins of gates opening. But to me what made it so special was a little autistic boy i teach...he is a very fussy eater...he has never eaten cake....his mum told him how i had made them...and he loved the decorations on it....so she bought him one thinking he wont eat it, he just likes it...he held it as they walked accross the playgroung to see me (i was on field) as she got to the steps she turned to him to hold his hand going up the steps and guess what....he had taken a bite out the cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 a little boy who eats the same things day in day out ate a cake for the first time in his life!!! Mum was amazed and filled up with tears as he came up to me eating more....i have no words to describe how that felt. All i know is mums have the recipe on monday and i will be making him some to have for lunch. I am so proud of him!

Anyways...i loved making them...even though i was up till 11...i made 4 different sorts but did not take pictures...my fault.

I am determined to set up a facebook page and take some lovely piccies of the cupcakes i make.

xx

Aww that is great hun how special!!! :)

thankyou girls for the advice on the pipers i now have funky alphabet and number tappits coming and a starter piping wilton 12 peice set for the craft company!! along with an ebay order of deco stuff to make my mums boyfriends birthday cupcakes with!! :D

Here are som piccies of the cupcakes i did last week:

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/fr4nkiebabz/IMG_1864.jpg
chocolate and fudge

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/fr4nkiebabz/IMG_1870.jpg
Vanilla

I have learnt how to pipe a rose on cupcakes...
https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/fr4nkiebabz/IMG_1883.jpg

Lovely cupcakes Pink, but you're going to have to share the secret of how to pipe the roses on the top! lol!

Does any one have a good chocolate cake recipe. not just the add cocoa one. I want like a real nice moist chocolate cakes??

The rose effect is really simple,you just start in the centre and work your way outwards.

Lovely cakes everyone.I've been busy today and am a bit sick of the sight of cakes!

I had a criticsim today from my Dad that when i use the 1m nozzle (which is my fave!) the cake is too sweet and theres too much icing. :(
No more for him then! LOL

awww :haha: sometimes the icing can be the best part of a cake!! .. maybe it will stop people from eating so many tho!! i dropped around a box of 12 cupcakes for mum and teh boys yesterday morning and they were all gone by last night!!.. piggys x

My boys like the icing best.My little boy usually eats all the icing and gives me the sponge.

I made 50 cupcakes today.

Some vanilla,some vanilla with white chocolate chips,some milk choc sponge with white choc chips and some with chocolate fudge frosting.And i didn't eat one....

ok i have a stupid question. i want to make a 6" round cake to go on the 6" top tier of my cupcake stand. But what i dont get is if i put the cake on a 6" cake board and then cover it with icing wont the icing overhang?!? :shrug:

i have got 5 orders :happydance: so I guess I am back in the baking world!

the first ones are for a 16th birthday...she loves dance and drama what can I doooooo?!

Yesterdays.Nothing special...

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/DSC01649.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/DSC01651.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/DSC01653.jpg

Hiiiiiiiiiii ladies!

Those cakes look fantastic!! I love that beach cake!! And everyone is soooo good at cupcakes! :)

Can I just ask, ive seen a few posts mention using flower paste, do you all use this for your decorating or just normal regalice??

Georgie > For drama you could do the happy/sad masks and maybe for dance some sort of music notes or dance shoes?? Good luck XX

:wave: sorry Ive been MIA for a few weeks:blush:

Some brill cakes girls! Ive not made any for a while, apart from a choc/strawberry cake last thurs.....

No orders from the shop as yet...I must be shit:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->