Cake Making & Baking Group

Jac, nappies have taken over your life!

You are not shit at all!!! Didnt you have wedding cakes and christening ones ordered?

ok i have a stupid question. i want to make a 6" round cake to go on the 6" top tier of my cupcake stand. But what i dont get is if i put the cake on a 6" cake board and then cover it with icing wont the icing overhang?!? :shrug:

if i was doing that i would probably just use a cake card then sort of tuck it under!

Dunno, i just make it all up as i go along!!! :blush:

i have got 5 orders :happydance: so I guess I am back in the baking world!

the first ones are for a 16th birthday...she loves dance and drama what can I doooooo?!

wow well done georgie! Dont let anyone put you down this time!

cass!! your an angel! Happy sad masks! i never thought of that!!!

TJG...thanks so much, no ones pissing on my thunder this time, shit or not!

Jaq, you are not shit! dont say that your fab, people just dont have money atm i dont think xx

eeeeek im sooo excited cant wait for my new deliveris so i can get practising better piping skils!! x

Right Girls, I really need some help…here are my orders for the next 2 months;

9th/10th July –20th Birthday Cake (Chocolate/Malteasers)

13th July – 16 Drama Related Cupcakes

24th July – Shared Birthday Cake for 4 Adults

11th August – 80th Birthday Cake (accordion, music related)

28th August Baby Girls Christening Cake – more details to follow

I have questions for each really, so if anyone could help me I would be really grateful.

1. I want to do this cake, but the only thing I don’t know how to do is the wires, how do I get the Malteasers stuck onto the wires? And wouldn’t the Malteasers be too heavy to stay upright?

2. I am going to use Cassandra’s Idea and do theatrical faces on the cupcakes, any ideas how I could make them? Or can anyone find cutters for me :haha: I have already looked but no luck.

3. I don’t need help with this one as I am not 100% sure what I am going to do yet. No doubt I will have to use the damn tappits to cut out people’s names!

4. Now on this one I need a HUGE favour from someone…would anyone please please please be able to make me a little accordion, I know what I am going to do with the rest but the customer really wants the accordion on there and there is no way in hell I am going to be able to make it! I’ll pay for time and postage etc.

5. The lady wants diamantes and feathers and all sorts on this one, Thanks Kelly for your help yesterday with the feathers!

xxxxxxx

Attachments

• malteser.jpg
    malteser.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 8
I can only find the masks cutters for cookies, so they'll be too big for cupcakes...I'd probably cut them individually by hand, a pain in the arse I know, and white icing pen for the features?! Sorry hun!

As for the malteaser cake, i'd imagine you'd push the wire through the malteaser. Obv get a think one to hold to weight but do it carefully as they'll crumble?! Not quite sure, unless someone suggests better its trial and error :)

xx

Thanks girls
Rose effect is simple.
Start in middle, pipe in the middle for 2 seconds then swirl around!
Its simple...i practised on a plate first
x

im sure i have seen drama mask moulds somewhere i will have a look and see if i can find them again.

Jac, nappies have taken over your life!

You are not shit at all!!! Didnt you have wedding cakes and christening ones ordered?

Yep, done one christening cake, another in november and the wedding cake isnt an order its for the shop...so am waiting for spare cash to do that.

I have a secret cake to do for this weekend so cant say much about it lol, but will show you all on the weeked.

Andrea, you know your garden party cake, how did you get that dome effect on the top to stick your roses to hun?

OOooo im intrigued!!!!

i just made a normal 6 inch cake then carved the top bit into a dome :) x

of course you did!:dohh: :rofl:

Ive just had an enquiry for a garden party cake for this thursday night....Im not sure I can do it. Was thinking something similar to yours Andrea:thumbup: Can I ask, how much you charged for that? :blush:

erm..... i think the starting out price was £60... but then it got stripped and done again and they paid me much more in the end! :)

Georgie........ https://www.kitbox.co.uk/theatrical-mask-set-large?refer=theatrical-mask-set-small

id just roll the fondant out and use different oval and round cutters to get the right shape....saves buying more cutters u might never use again?!

got a disco cake to do on friday. i can see it being a total pain in the backside though as i have to make LOTS of colours and cut silhouttes of people out :( not looking forward to that!!

lol Tracey that doesnt sound fun at all!!!

I've just finished a ton of Australian cupakes! For a girl that is emigrating.......

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs130.snc4/36847_444452435878_620555878_5901048_6602504_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs130.snc4/36847_444452440878_620555878_5901049_1488429_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs070.ash2/36847_444452450878_620555878_5901051_5325924_n.jpg

oh and i tried piping roses onto cupcakes and im crap at it!! Haha! I think my kitchen was too hot and the icing too soft!

awww cute!!

andrea, they are just like inverted swirls...if you want more of a rose look u can hand pipe each petal..but that would take ages! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->