Cake Making & Baking Group

my new flower cutters arrived yesterday so im looking forward to cutting some flowers later to put on some cupcakes tomorrow

my 4th cake of the day is in the oven!

cant say what it will be cos its for a friend who is on here and its a surprise for her birthday! ! :winkwink:

Might post pics of it tomorrow :D

i have a mahoosive order coming from the craft company any day :smug:
Prepping to make my aunty a birthday cake - i so need to learn how to do roses properly - im useless! :haha:
TJG when are u doing ur video demo :winkwink::lol:
I wasted half a bag of flowerpaste trying the other day :dohh:
Also...has anyone ever made a cake for someone who is both intollerant to wheat and lactose? :rofl: xxx

haha i should have done a video along with the wedding cake cos i made tons of them for that!!!

erm.... never done wheat and lactose free! But you do get wheat free flours, like potato flour and rice flour......

My friend is wheat and gluten intolerant and i had lunch at hers the other day, the rolls were not good! haha it was her first time trying them too and tbh they were rank!

:rofl:
Poor thing didnt even discover she was intolerant till a few years ago, just thought she had stomach problems lol - cakes is one of her favourite things. So much so she occasionally braves a week of stomach pain just for a slice :rofl::dohh:
Iv got the flour and it says that you can use it as normal SR flour but u just have to use a bit more liquid in the mix as it soaks up more than normal flour - but what do i do about butter and instead of milk to make the mix more liquidy? :haha:
i seriously dread to think how much money iv wasted on damn roses...i just cant get on with them!
xxxx

I've never used flowerpaste, how is it different to say fondant with that gum stuff mixed in? I tend to use that fow my butterflies etc.., but did notice on my tappit instructions it said flowerpaste.

These are the ones I made for Emily's school, I ended up doing about 40!!
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/jodielou/cakes%20and%20stuff/DSCF1191.jpg
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/jodielou/cakes%20and%20stuff/DSCF1192.jpg
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/jodielou/cakes%20and%20stuff/DSCF1193.jpg

Love love love the purple glittery girly ones.

Petal paste can be rolled out very very thinly and it dries very hard.It stores and lasts well because it goes so hard,which makes it ideal for detailing on cakes especially flowers.

oooh i love the purple ones

im gonna make my twilight ones this weekend x

Made some cakes last night for taking to work for our Blooming Great Tea Party. Its in aid of a cancer charity. I would have liked smaller strawberries but they were all huge that were for sale.

Everyone made loads of cakes, bakes, etc but I was very good and only had one!

Attachments

• Strawberry 3.jpg
    Strawberry 3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Strawberry 1.jpg
    Strawberry 1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Strawberry 2.jpg
    Strawberry 2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 4
I think the big strawberries look fab! Great cupcakes.
Hope you all raised lots of money xxx

ok so i made these today with my new flower cutters
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/gti106/Photo389.jpg

i love my new flower cutter only thing is, after i cut them i sat them in a egg box so they would curl abit. when they went hard and i got them out to use them some of the petals broke off. what am i doing wrong im using fondant icing with gum trag in it??

they are all lovely!

gem, just using the gum trag doesnt make them very strong, if you were using proper flowerpaste it probably wouldnt have happened :) x

Is that what you used for yours

where can i get flowerpaste from? in lots of nice colours and not really expensive lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->