Cake Making & Baking Group

Have lots of cupcakes to make over the weekend.Baby boy ones again tomorrow which i loved doing :)

whats your tips for good cupcakes (apart from a deep cupcake tin) ?? cos I am gonna try in the next few weeks and see if I can manage to make mylos for the christening.

Just don't rush it and get stressed because thats when things go wrong.
A good set of scales helps and ebay is a great place for cake decorating bargains that make cupcakes a little bit different/special.:thumbup:

Have lots of cupcakes to make over the weekend.Baby boy ones again tomorrow which i loved doing :)

whats your tips for good cupcakes (apart from a deep cupcake tin) ?? cos I am gonna try in the next few weeks and see if I can manage to make mylos for the christening.

Just don't rush it and get stressed because thats when things go wrong.
A good set of scales helps and ebay is a great place for cake decorating bargains that make cupcakes a little bit different/special.:thumbup:

yes just been looking on ebay-

4 words with cake making..!!

.. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!!!:thumbup:

Tsia i think you should come over mine and i will teach you to do the cakes and in return you can teach me how to make animals and stuff x

yeah im not a fan of baking in pyrex bowls (or another shaped tin for that matter) its alot denser n stodgier with a harder 'casing'

the 6" stacking cake method is no doubt probably the most costly....but i bet it tastes a whole lot better than those pre-shaped tins!!

Tracey i have the giant cupcake tin from lakeland and suprisingly it cooks very well, takes about an hour. Comes out of the tin easily to, only thing is if you put to much cake release in it can make the outside of the cake a little bit hard.

Jane your cakes are great:)
Just sent you a friend request on FB my names Kerry.

yeah im not a fan of baking in pyrex bowls (or another shaped tin for that matter) its alot denser n stodgier with a harder 'casing'

the 6" stacking cake method is no doubt probably the most costly....but i bet it tastes a whole lot better than those pre-shaped tins!!

Tracey i have the giant cupcake tin from lakeland and suprisingly it cooks very well, takes about an hour. Comes out of the tin easily to, only thing is if you put to much cake release in it can make the outside of the cake a little bit hard.

ive got the tin too and agree its really good. I think mines wilton, i have the smaller cup cake tins too that are just a smaller version with 4 tops and bottoms, i have had a go with them and they are good but i prefer the normal cupcakes with cases as you dont have to ice the full thing
i normally bake the two halves separately though as i find that the top cooks quicker than the bottom and sometimes tends to burn a bit. Id deffo use a madeira cake mix though rather than normal sponge as its denser and stronger x

yeah thats what i thought...if i cook in the pyrex bowls or a shaped tin the outside of the cake has like abit of a harder casing on it.
my mum n dad said they almost bought me the cupcake one from JML when they had ordered their halogen oven thing, but they were out of stock at the time. i said it didnt matter coz sometimes they look really, small (by that i meant the bottom part (the cupcake case) isnt as tall as it like...n would come out something like this:
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uSPSgIX7o7g/S1teUbo38dI/AAAAAAAABWs/8-mLJDxcb_Y/s400/cupcc.jpg

wheres a prefer the taller look...like this :
https://www.merenguebakery.com/images/gallery/custom/giant%20cupcake%206.jpg
with that being said though...i think the last picture was made from 12" cakes...so would have been HUGE!!!! LOL

yes i think im going to start cooking the halfs seperately as i always find the top is done before the bottom.

Jane your cakes are great:)
Just sent you a friend request on FB my names Kerry.
thanks xxxx
I love your two tone frosting for the cupcakes it looks fab!!! I cant wait to have a go at that, having a baby shower on 24th think i may have a go!! Will post the pics if i do!!

Thanks.The bright two tone ones are my sons favourite!
Love baby shower cupcakes.Look forward to seeing yours. x

see the bottom of this link :
https://www.wilton.com/decorating/icing/coloring-icing.cfm
:) xx

HI Ladies, can i join your group please?
Ive been baking and decorating cakes for around 6 years now. Done courses n all kinds.
I work full time but do cakes, balloons and stuff as a side line. Would love a shop but atm money wont let me and tbh i havent got the guts...
I have a facebook groups celebrationsbyjaneannes and have a website under the same address if anyone would like to have a nose.
Would love to share/receive tips with/from you all.
Been looking at your pics and they are all fab and your cakes all look v yummy!!!
Jane
xxxx

welcome!

Off for a wee nosey now! :)

Welcome! :wave: I'm off for a nosey too now:haha:

Tsia i think you should come over mine and i will teach you to do the cakes and in return you can teach me how to make animals and stuff x

HEY SOUNDS LIKE A DEAL TO ME! lol.. :thumbup:

although would much rather prefer to meet you at your mums! haha:happydance:

Are you near my mums lol, pm me hun.

My mum has a real small kitchen thou haha

Are you near my mums lol, pm me hun.

My mum has a real small kitchen thou haha

not far from gedney hill.. bout 15 mins in the car?
sorry my pm function isnt working all of a sudden.. just keeps saying error.. i may have to clear it out! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->