Cake Making & Baking Group

oh my! I am so wanting to learn this .. all your cakes are amazing.. almost like you wouldnt want to eat them and destroy them! I wanna get into this.. I would be so good I reckon. LOL

lol one warning tsia.....its expensive LOL...but yes can be fun if your only doing a few, its great to see a cake come together at the end! xx

lol forgot about that comment on how me n andrea should set up a business......we'd be arguing whos turn it was to bake n whos turn to decorate :rofl:
and between us we'd make the HUGEST mess ever!! :haha:

Awww u make me blush andrea :) :cloud9:

andrea...your fine for tax etc (u dont need to pay any if u earn under like £7000 a year). but its not that part thats important really. its like if someone becomes ill from one of your cakes u could be landed in a whole heap of s***, and its having ur kitchen checked n passed for you to be able to sell cakes to the public. i would still have to inform tax credits even if i earn under £7000 (which i will be doing! LOL)
whats ur next cake??

might try morrisons own brand then...how much is it roughly? i think betty C is about £1.80 or something?

ive had a sudden increase of cake orders but they all want them for days when ive already got cakes! LOL August in MANIC!
i got a text and they want me to make a giant 'black forest beauty' cupcake (like my small ones...but a giant version!)
andrea...what cakes did u bake to make yours...i was thinking 6" but what did u use for the top part.....im just debating whether it would work with a cherry filling???!! it would probably be to 'wet' n make everything soggy??!! hmmmm:shrug:

lovely cakes!! i agree the 'gemma' one is lovely.

tsia well done!! looking great already!

so what is everyone else up to next? xx

Oh god yeah didnt think of that one!

OH says if I'm going to carry on it needs to be legit, as knowing our luck we would end up something going wrong!

So not a full on business but just letting the right places know that I'm doing it and get everything checked out.

todays cakes is the 2 tier 30th pink and black, the cupcake sweetie themed 18th and a first birthday cake for sunday!

I'm debating with myself on whether to make the cupcake one a bit wonky!

The 1st cake she only said blue and white........ I've gotten a bit carried away looking at Andrea Sweetcakers again!!!! made ducks and bubbles for it!! :haha:

I messaged her last time about using her candles, she replied saying she feels honoured when people try to recreate her stuff! and thanks for the recognition, so i think if I name her each time im inspired by her its all good!!!

yeah the giant cupcakes i used 6" then just carved, i think the 1st one i used a pyrex bowl but it took forever to bake and was quite stodgy!

Let me know how it goes cos my OH loves black forrest! so its a possible for his birthday as I dont think i will have time in August to make us a joint Tim Burton cake!

August is fast filling up for me too!!! Although this month has been my busiest so far ekkk!!

lol one warning tsia.....its expensive LOL...but yes can be fun if your only doing a few, its great to see a cake come together at the end! xx

lol forgot about that comment on how me n andrea should set up a business......we'd be arguing whos turn it was to bake n whos turn to decorate :rofl:
and between us we'd make the HUGEST mess ever!
! :haha:

haha sooooo true! But we would just employ someone to bake and mix fondant!!!

lol yeah we could employ a slave to do all the boring baking bit.....i know for a FACT me n andrea would create the best tim burton cake ever seen :rofl:
and also a horror cake :)

thats what my OH said about being legit...ive already been called in and interrogated on tape about council tax (which wasnt really my fault so thats sorted now!) and its NO fun i can tell u!

i ahve a pink n black today too...but mines the baby pink one with black lace. yours is hot pink isnt it??

lol i love andreas sweetcakers too! yeah she told me shes fine when people give credit where credit is due, but at least 2 people have posted HER pictures as their own!! n she sorted them out straight away!! (hence my huge rant a while back LOL)

yeah im not a fan of baking in pyrex bowls (or another shaped tin for that matter) its alot denser n stodgier with a harder 'casing'

the 6" stacking cake method is no doubt probably the most costly....but i bet it tastes a whole lot better than those pre-shaped tins!!

Hi,

I am going to attempt to make my sons christening cake in a few weeks and was just wondering if anybody had any ideas as to what i could do?
Its only gonna be a one tier cake.

Also how do you all get your letters so perfect? I've seen you all mention tappits but have no idea what they are or where to get them!?

And lastly, how do you all get your buttercrem/frosting so fluffy? mine always goes runny?

Thanks alot girls x

haha yeah it would be THE best cake ever!!!

yup mine is hot pink , mixed the pink up myself so I'm having a bit of a panic about it!

I have the cupcake themed one in the oven and customer has just messaged me asking if it will keep till wednesday :dohh: she was meant to be giving it to her daughter at her cousins 30th party but she thinks the older cousin isnt too happy about it :(

I dont think it will, what do i do!!!

hiya bertie bones!

You can get tappits from cake decor shops or online, ebay have them too!

Im unsure about the buttercream, ive been asked this before but i dont know why it happens and thankfully hasnt happened to mine yet!

type in christening cakes onto google images and ALOT will come up to give you some ideas! There is some really cute pre made decorations that you can add for effect!

if mine goes runny when i add colour i just put extra sugar in to get it back and then i put it in the fridge for an hour before i pipe it, (iv only done it like 5/6 times ha)

If you use colour paste instead of food colouring it doesn't go runny and just add a drop of milk not alot to the buttercream and whisk loads.

Oh I gathered as much.. just those bits for the choc mini cupcakes I treid yesterday set me back best part of £7!!

But then again.. all my hobbies have cost money!
I would be rich if I wernt dabbling in crafty stuff all the time! lol

but I already have half the cutters and tools and stuff cos I make dough models quite regularly.. heres a few pics>>

xxxxxxxxxxxhttps://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Liammodel.jpg https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0303.jpg https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/baby%20pics/mylofinished.jpg https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/baby%20pics/hotairballoon.jpg https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/baby%20pics/jinboxbaby.jpg

OH and I made this dress for christmas!

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/reddress1.jpg

Hi,

I am going to attempt to make my sons christening cake in a few weeks and was just wondering if anybody had any ideas as to what i could do?
Its only gonna be a one tier cake.

Also how do you all get your letters so perfect? I've seen you all mention tappits but have no idea what they are or where to get them!?

And lastly, how do you all get your buttercrem/frosting so fluffy? mine always goes runny?

Thanks alot girls x

I would like to know about the letters also.. I keep seeing them and they look like the same font so is there a cutter or pack of edible letters you can buy?

I googled images of christening cakes and theres loads but to be honest your best joinging the groups on fbook by these lovely talented ladies on here cos they have given me so much more ideas and inspiration than google ever could.

I have decided on a white/ivory and shades of blue colour scheme with stars as the theme. Its his joint 1st b'day celebration aswell as his christening cake so want it special. they'll be children attending so wanted cupcakes too so its easy for the kids to grab one. and the main cake can be cut for the adults.
I want one main and all the cupcakes underneath.. but still deciding on wether I want a normal shape cake at the top or a giant cupcake!! choices choices!!!!

lovely sculptures Tsia!

i had a cake postponed too, but luckily it was before i started it!! erm can u not use the cake uve baked for something else?
x

my oven is one way out i think.....the light doesnt work now LOL

and im still really worried about this orange n yellow wedding cake, the only way its going to 'fit' is if it has brightly coloured daisys/gerberas on it....but shes adamant that whaty she wants is what she wants!! going to e-mail her now n see what she says.....
eeeeeekkkK!!

Anyone know whats the best butter/marg to use for piping?? thanks :D

tracey you have to convince her!! haha!

I am going to use todays cake for another one on Sunday, its going to be eaten on Sunday so will be fresh enough for then, thankfully it's the right size!

Have lots of cupcakes to make over the weekend.Baby boy ones again tomorrow which i loved doing :)

Have lots of cupcakes to make over the weekend.Baby boy ones again tomorrow which i loved doing :)

whats your tips for good cupcakes (apart from a deep cupcake tin) ?? cos I am gonna try in the next few weeks and see if I can manage to make mylos for the christening.

oh my! I am so wanting to learn this .. all your cakes are amazing.. almost like you wouldnt want to eat them and destroy them! I wanna get into this.. I would be so good I reckon. LOL

Tsia im really sorry I clicked your FB request off before i realised who you were:dohh:, would you mind adding me again please?
Sorry bout that xx

Tsia im really sorry I clicked your FB request off before i realised who you were:dohh:, would you mind adding me again please?
Sorry bout that xx

no worries.. doing it now.. lol.. I just being nosey in your fab pics.. you are all sooooo talented! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->