Cake Making & Baking Group

i normally charge about 1.50 per cupcake but depends on how they want them decorated x

Our morrisons has went cupcake crazy too. They have new cupcake cases with polkadots on them and ones with animal print, cupcake boxes, cupcake stands (carboard ones), loads of different frostings, loads of new decorations.. other stuff too that i cant remember.

oh btw the lacey cupcake wraps were in packs of 6 for £2.50 or thereabouts. Theyre nice but i think thats so expensive for something that you just scrunch up and bin :shock:

tsia i had the same problem til i bought a deep muffin tin and they come out perfect now!! :)

oo i really wanna get to morrisons now aha x

right will go see about a deep cupcake tins!
went into morrissons.. and am most disappointed.. no stands, or fancy stuff.. just the normal..
the theme for mylos christening is white/ivory and blue with stars..

so i bought>
12 mini choc cupcakes (already done cos I'm a cheat)
white choc stars
betty crocker buttercream style icing
blue food colouring

after some experimenting and learning the hard way that adding food colouring to icing makes it taste sour and impossible to pipe.. :dohh:

.. heres what i made! theyre getting better! at this rate they should be perfect by mid august! haha

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0669.jpg

well done tsia!

You will be best to invest in some pro food colourings, they do pastes, you need much less so it doesnt leave a nasty taste in your icing,
i always found morrisons food colours to taste rank!!

Ummm
Ive just had a message about a cake, she said she has seen one in M&S for £10 and wants one a little bit bigger than that...... erm i think she is going to get a shock when a quote her!!!!!

LOL tjg haha, ill give you some stories about the bakery i used to work in that made m&s asda and tesco cakes lol, she will deffo go with you when she learns why they are that price aha x

thanks for the help and advice girls.

Ooh And I am off to my morrissons in a mo to get inspried! haha

by the way.. the swirling icing.. thats obviously piped out of a bag no doubt, is that called frosting? or is that buttercream?
I made some cupcakes out of a packet yesterday.. thought I would have my very first go.. NOT HAPPT AT ALL

see pic!

haha- only one out of 12 came out resembling a round shape!

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0668.jpg

think i will stick to covering and customising prams! lol

i have to use the deep pans too...by the way i loooooove the custom stroller/pram covers u do.do you do them for all different ones and carseats as well?

thanks for the help and advice girls.

Ooh And I am off to my morrissons in a mo to get inspried! haha

by the way.. the swirling icing.. thats obviously piped out of a bag no doubt, is that called frosting? or is that buttercream?
I made some cupcakes out of a packet yesterday.. thought I would have my very first go.. NOT HAPPT AT ALL

see pic!

haha- only one out of 12 came out resembling a round shape!

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0668.jpg

think i will stick to covering and customising prams! lol

i have to use the deep pans too...by the way i loooooove the custom stroller/pram covers u do.do you do them for all different ones and carseats as well?

can only do them on a buggy i have cos i need to work on it not just from measurements. that doesnt work. I have done one for a freind but took her pram home with me foe the night whilst i did it.
carseats possible if covers are sent to me in post. someone from ebay is doing this. :o)

HI Ladies, can i join your group please?
Ive been baking and decorating cakes for around 6 years now. Done courses n all kinds.
I work full time but do cakes, balloons and stuff as a side line. Would love a shop but atm money wont let me and tbh i havent got the guts...
I have a facebook groups under Celebrations by Jane Annes Cakes, Balloons and more!! and a website under celebrationsbyjaneannes if anyone would like to have a nose.
Would love to share/receive tips with/from you all.
Been looking at your pics and they are all fab and your cakes all look v yummy!!!
Jane
xxxx

Ive been baking and decorating cakes for around 6 years now. Done courses n all kinds.
I work full time but do cakes, balloons and stuff as a side line. Would love a shop but atm money wont let me and tbh i havent got the guts...
I have a facebook groups celebrationsbyjaneannes and have a website under the same address if anyone would like to have a nose.
Been looking at your pics and they are all fab and your cakes all look v yummy!!!
Jane
xxxx

welcome!

Off for a wee nosey now! :)

I have a facebook groups celebrationsbyjaneannes and have a website under the same address if anyone would like to have a nose.
Jane
xxxx

welcome!

Off for a wee nosey now! :)

Sorry my group on facebook is celebrations by jane annes cakes balloons and more!! not just celebrationsbyjaneannes, thats my website hahaha xx

aw Thanks, things have slowed down atm with me being quite close to being due but i cant wait to get back in to it once the baby is here.
Do you have a website/facebook group? Your cakes are lovely from what ive seen on the thread x

aww thank you!

I do, but i am very much still in learning stages!! :blush:

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10150117524970596

YOu wouldnt think so, your cakes are fab!! how long have you been learning? are you going to a course or learning your self? youre really good

ummm.... its been a year now since i decided to make Daisys 1st Birthday cake!

I would love to do courses but there is nothing around here :( So I've taught myself with alot of online help!!!

Including the lovely Tracey! (nuttymummy)

Awww u make me blush andrea :) :cloud9:

andrea...your fine for tax etc (u dont need to pay any if u earn under like £7000 a year). but its not that part thats important really. its like if someone becomes ill from one of your cakes u could be landed in a whole heap of s***, and its having ur kitchen checked n passed for you to be able to sell cakes to the public. i would still have to inform tax credits even if i earn under £7000 (which i will be doing! LOL)
whats ur next cake??

might try morrisons own brand then...how much is it roughly? i think betty C is about £1.80 or something?

ive had a sudden increase of cake orders but they all want them for days when ive already got cakes! LOL August in MANIC!
i got a text and they want me to make a giant 'black forest beauty' cupcake (like my small ones...but a giant version!)
andrea...what cakes did u bake to make yours...i was thinking 6" but what did u use for the top part.....im just debating whether it would work with a cherry filling???!! it would probably be to 'wet' n make everything soggy??!! hmmmm:shrug:

lovely cakes!! i agree the 'gemma' one is lovely.

tsia well done!! looking great already!

so what is everyone else up to next? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back