Cake Making & Baking Group

gorgeous cupcakes jo...your so good at them!! yummy!

booth i have plain white disposable ones, i sell them for £5 each and they look like this:
https://www.blueribbons.co.uk/shop/images/products/brctl28.jpg

got a cake to be picked up today.

and good news on the orange n yellow cake!!! shes reviewing her idea!

you can back cup cakes out of paper cases?

I'm assuming you can?!? I dunno for sure, you can buy like sylicone cases?? Dont know if you transfer them?? lol Ive never done cucakes :blush:

funny you say silicone cases ;)

has your package arrived yet?
xx

I think so ! My postman posted a card saying I had a package but it was too big ?! He is such a goon :dohh: so will have to pick it up tomorrow! Yay - thank you missus xxx

Jo i also get my ribbon off ebay £2.05 i think i paid for 5 meters of organza

oo i might have one off you then when i come to pick up jesses cake! xx

is regal ice being crap for anyone else just now? It always seems really sticky and a pain in the bum to use!!! Might need to go back to asdas own!

my regalice is ok at the mo andrea.....is it the way your storing it?? (or whoever u bought it off stored it wrong?)
or it could just be a dodgy batch?

im having a major dilemma now with this wedding cake LOL

she has changed her theme (this is her final theme LOL) shes having sliced oranges n lemons in martini glasses and it having big orange exotic flowers in her arrangements (she doesnt know what the flowers are coz she told the florist to surprise her) LMAO
soooo she said if i could incorporate the lemons n oranges into the design it would be great...so i googled and found a wedding cake being seperated by oranges n lemons, and also a cake with lemon slices on the sides (which i have to admit does look really nice) so she fell in love with it...and i thought great!! cant be that hard!!
BUT u cant put fruit slices onto fondant as the juice will start to melt the icing and it could get very messy!! i had a look into 'candying' them but it can take days and the final product NEVER looks like a freshly sliced lemon.
u can also coat them in sugar to dry them out abit, but they still have to be placed onto the cake at the very last minute to avoid the juice bleeding all the other decor n icing. i cant be there on the day of the wedding slapping sliced lemon on before they arrive...so what do i do!!! i feel so awful now coz ive found her a cake she absolutely loves...and now im going to have to tell her its not possible!! :(

is there anyway you can put something round the cake that you can them disguise with the lemons? Like a thin piece of greaseproof paper, as long as the lemons hide it should be ok?

I'm thinking the heat of my house my be the cause, no heating on, raining out and its still boiling in here!!

OR! You could put the greaseproof round the cake, then a ribbon to disguise it, then lay the lemon slices on that, so all the little inbetween bits you will just see ribbon!

Todays cakes!

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/taperjean/DSC02819.jpg

LOVE those Andrea! I have a similar one to your ducky one in my 'cake file' I'd love to do that one!

Nickers, your cake is gorgeous hun! Well done!

Jo, you are officially the cupcake queen! Beautiful again!

Gosh, Ive not had much time to bake these days, been doing more sewing....but I'm on the case of my wedding cake for the shop.

Andrea you should know this one.....the roses on the wedding cake, how do you attatch them onto the cake hun? I was thinking wires? Is that how you did it? x

yep the ones that were on the sides of the cake I stuck on with wires through them and royal icing.

Ones round the edge just royal icing!

Hows it going?

the duck cake woman started crying when she saw it, it looks much better in real life i promise!!

She said duck is the only word her little boy can say so it fits perfect! :cloud9:

Oh here's a better pic!

Attachments

• DSC02843.jpg
    DSC02843.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 27
yep the ones that were on the sides of the cake I stuck on with wires through them and royal icing.

Ones round the edge just royal icing!

Hows it going?

awwww how cute! At least you know she was mega chuffed with it!

Well Ive made about 20 choc roses so far, started off fiddly but the more I made the confident I got so am going to do some more tonight when the brood are in bed.

Ive changed my design I think, Im going to do 3 tiers but the top two raised and then the roses placed around the tops of each cake....I wanted it to look 'higher' iykwim...and the draping roses I dont think would look right on a raised tiered cake.

Jo- or anyone else that goes to costco....do you know if they sell ready made fruit cakes? I get mine from our local cake shop but he's quite expensive...pennies all count in this game!

So, projects...I have this wedding cake to do and 2 christening cakes for twins, she wants them the same but one decorated in pink, the other blue....any ideas would be greatly appreciated:thumbup:

once you have the knack of making roses you will be able to do it while watching telly!

you should def make your little prams for the christening cakes cos they were fab, ummm....... make some little fondant buttons, they are always cute.

I like square cakes for christenings for some reason!

yeah i think square for christening too!

I'm still debating what cake at the top of a cupcake stand for Mylos christening.
I would do square if I can get a reasonably priced square 5 tier stand. :dohh:

have a look on ebay tsia, they have the perspex ones, i got a 7 tier one for £50 years ago so they may be cheaper now!!
Ive got one on my site which was for a little girl but the top tier was a bible that was for a christening
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=1403044&id=608017344
have a look at this one may give you a few idea's,
can anyone tell me how to attach pics please? x

Photobucket using the img code.

I couldn't resist a cream tea cupcake.YumYum!

or right click your facebook photos and go to properties then use the address in there and click the insert image bit ^^^

SO here is my pirate cake. It was the first time I had used buttercream under the sugarpaste (always thought you were supposed to use apricot jam?) and it worked a treat, really smooth! So thanks for the tip! The only bit I am dissapointed in is that I got cocoa (from rolling out the black sugarpaste) on the pink icing, so it looks messy :nope:

Attachments

• pirate cke.jpg
    pirate cke.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 12
Fab cake hun! Apricot is meant for fruit cakes x

Andrea love the duckies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members