Cake Making & Baking Group

ohhhh ok, was just gonna do the hot knife thing that you mentioned????

yep that works if your chocolate is quite thin, but yours looks thick so I would score it 1st :D

ok.. ive just ordered my cellophane bags online in preperation for christmas :rofl: this year ill be making fudge,truffles and other mini delights to hang on the tree and fill the stockings of mine and OHs families :thumbup:

which ones u get?? post the link for me please :blush:

https://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Jessies-Online-Store__W0QQ_armrsZ1
i bought from this seller.. if you look on the left hand side on the shop it says cellophane bags :thumbup:

is fudge easy to make??

does anyone know of any good biscuit recipies??

Ive never done fudge before.

I used to make butter biscuits but cant remember how lol

fudge is like the EASIEST thing to make ever! and so are truffles!!

i use a nigella lawson recipe!

pistachio fudge :)
Ingredients

350g/12oz dark chocolate, at least 70 per cent cocoa solids, chopped
1 x 397g/14oz can condensed milk
30g/1oz butter
pinch salt
150g/5¼oz unsalted pistachios, shells removed
Method

1. Place the chopped chocolate, condensed milk, butter and salt into a heavy-based pan over a low heat and stir until melted and well combined.
2. Place the nuts into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin, until broken up into some large and some small pieces.
3. Add the nuts to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well.
4. Pour the mixture into a 23cm/9in square tray, smoothing the top with a wet palette knife.
5. Let the fudge cool, then refrigerate until set.
6. Cut into small pieces approximately 3cm x 2cm/1¼in x ¾in. Cutting 7 x 7 lines in the tin to give 64 pieces best achieves this.
7. Once cut, the fudge can be kept in the freezer - there's no need to thaw, just eat straight away.

Oh thanks Tezzy! Will try that, I love pistachios!

I had the perfect kids truffle recipe when Gemma was little and cant for the life of me remember it, it was really easy and tasted so good!

Mmmmmmmmm

Attachments

• 10623_278481785130_595735130_9008759_3040936_n.jpg
    10623_278481785130_595735130_9008759_3040936_n.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 16
that looks VERY yummy!!! gonna have to make some of that!!

Oh and yes my arm did fall off with the caramel stirring lol especially when i was waiting AGES for it to turn golden brown but then realised i hadnt put the golden syrup in!!!!
It went golden as soon as i eventually put it in lol

i love this thread. ive never seen it before. im about to bake cakes in a few days. one is for a tea party and the other is for my brothers b day. one for sat and one for sunday. i did have a question though...... if i were to make the actuall cake part on thursday would that be too early and who do i keep it to stay good and moist? so i can decorate the day b 4. is there anything i can wrap it in to put it in the fridge or something ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->