Cake Making & Baking Group

Oooo sounds good Sara!
I am going to pick up ingredients to make truffles this week, it is bugging me that I cant remember the recipe so I will try and error it!

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

ok please ignore the 'bumpyness' of the icing - i made my own jam an used that but didnt think i'd need lumpless jam for the cake!!lol - next time i will make 1/2 lumpy and 1/2 smooth!!

sara

xxxx

mmmmm yummy!!!!
sara try microwavin ur jam abit till it goes all squishy.....could dolve ur problem???
looks yum though!

mm what flavour of cake is that? Looks delicious :|

o nvm i see that its white choc and raspberry! Share recipe plzplzplz. Sounds and looks delicious.

its just the recipie andrea gave me - 6 eggs n equal flour sugar marg etc with a good couple of hanfulls of raspberrys and i put 4 bars of milky bar in but i'll add more next time!! then i made jam out of the raspberry's too for the filling and around the outside :thumbup: it was soooooooooo delish!! only prob is any rasp's that were close to the edge got a little burned :shrug: but it was still sooooooooooooooooo tasty!! lol

sara

xxxxxx

ive been looking everywhere for biscuit recipies that i can decorate for xmas on the internet, had a tidy up this morning and guess what i found on the book shelf right infront of me?????

a brand new book cookies galore!!!!!!!

not had a look in it yet but woooo hoooo stupid me!!

now does anyone know where i can get some xmas cookie cutters?

:flower:

ok heres the cake i made a while ago (the hello kitty one) i just modified it!

https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs202.snc1/6927_140910628322_509248322_2588431_8126483_n.jpg

it was pretty rushed n she wanted to spend £20-£25, so i tried to skimp on my pre-coloured icing (which is expensive) but cud still onli get it to £30!!!
i think ill just tell them, no next time....but the poor girls horse died...i couldnt say no lol

Tracey it is fab!!!
I love it!

It's such a shame that people have no clue how much they actually cost to make, I think they all expect them to be 8 quid like the ones in tesco!

I have had 3 orders for cakes but only if they are £25 :dohh: (they want fully decorated 2 tier stack cakes)

I've said no.

The Barbie cake cost about £50 in total and I sold him it for £25 because initially I said £17 for ingredients but I looked at it as a practise .

Practising is too dear!!

tell me about it!!!! its well expensive all the cake making!!
id have done same as u and turned them down.....people think we are machines that produce loads like asda n tesco!! sometimes i feel really shy telling them the price of a cake....just coz general people have no clue of what they cost n i expect them to gasp n faint :rofl:

:hi:

Newcomer here! Wendy mentioned this thread in the CDN Moms group and I'm wanting to attempt to make Claire's first birthday cake. I'm okay with actually making the cake part, but I'm a little intimidated when it comes to the fondant. I was going to make a practice cake, but I was wondering if anyone here could give me some tips/tricks?

:hugs: Or at least direct me where in the thread if it has already been posted? :flower:

Thanks!!!

hey ladies...any tips on piping??? i'm gonna make some cup cakes to have a bit play with tonight if little bug plays nice and goes to bed when she should! so what should i be doing/not doing what kind of icing is best to play with???? will regular butter icing be ok???

sara

xxxxx

not sure sara, andrea makes lush cupcakes hopefully she can help!

:hug:

if i made a cocanut cake tomorrow and iced it would it still be ok for friday?

thanks andrea... will have a bash when i find some nozzles!!!

sorry leanne i have no idea.....?

Leeanne If you can I would hold off a couple of days, it would be ok till Friday but not as fresh and might affect the taste iykwim? xxxx

Who is this one for? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->