Cake Making & Baking Group

facebook page looks great hun, are you gonna start doing them for the quinny buzz?

also just wanted to say if you upgrade your page to the new version, you can then select to use facebook as your page and you will get notifications if people comment on your pics

facebook page looks great hun, are you gonna start doing them for the quinny buzz?

also just wanted to say if you upgrade your page to the new version, you can then select to use facebook as your page and you will get notifications if people comment on your pics
not gettin a buzz just yet only just got a zapp, and luna. lol OH will go mad at me if I get anymore buggys..

so I can change the page?
that would be so much easier.. how errrr do I do that then? lol

you could borrow my buzz if you just need it to get a pattern hun? Im not sure how you do it. i would quite like a nice footmuff for mine.

When i went onto my page it came up at the top upgrade to the new version but it did say all pages will go onto the new version anyway in march.

oh right.. there isnt an option on mine yet.. I will keep a lookout!

Thanks for the offer but everytime I do a set I make adjustments so need the buggy rather than just the pattern.

However if all you want is a footmuff your in luck.. cos the footmuffs are universal.. as long as you have a 5 point harness your ok. x message me on the wall if you want :)

yay wicked im off to have a look, she loves peppa pig well actually i do haha..

I have never made anything using a mould before so this is the first time so do I need to use sugarpaste?

wow ladies i havnt been on here in forever. i also havnt baked anything in a very long time either...i think the last time was in july lol.....you ladies have made some very tasty looking stuff thats making me hungry!!!!

there must be something i did wrong when i made cake pops last time because they came out soooo gooey and never got to a cake like taste i ended up putting everything in the trash i got so mad

I have never made anything using a mould before so this is the first time so do I need to use sugarpaste?

i use normal fondant with gum trag in to firm it up a bit, i also find that with some moulds its easier to get the fondant back out if you pop it in the freezer for a few minutes x

Do you use your fondant runny or solid? Sorry I dont know cos this is my first attempt at moulds.

When I work with fondant i just buy it ready made in a pack :shrug: It's quite firm.

I have loads to do tonight, VHC cupcakes (30) & a 6" iced round VHC themed for my little mans first birthday tomorrow xx

Forgot to say sorry: tsia, the FB page is fab. Wish you did stuff for the icandy cherry ;) x

You can make your own fondant but its a pain in the ass and i don't reccommend it! Its easy to work with though and doesnt really rip :) its stretchy and rolls very thin.

Hi girls, anyone done anything Minnie Mouse themed? Google has some crazy cake ideas I'd never be able to do, but need ideas for LO 2nd bday xx

I did this for her 1st, it has its lumps, but i can ice ok, and borrowed the butterfly/flower cutters, can do 2 tier (probably need a fair bit, family loves cake!!) But cannot do figures, but could get a icing sheet with image printed on.....argh! lol

Attachments

• DSCF9168.jpg
    DSCF9168.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 32
Hi ladies I havent been on here in ages! I need some advice im doing a cake for my cousin who is 5 but its a Moshi monster cake. Never heard of them myself but after my google I found these guys! :thumbup:

I was thinking of doing an image print on fondant and also making some models of them. However I dont have the equipment to do the print? So I was wondering if anyone knew somewhere I could get this done. Bearing in mind I dont want them to do the whole cake just a print I can take home and stick on my own.

Or without sounding cheeky if anyone has the equipment on here Id pay you to do it :flower: Im at a loss of how I can get this print and its really important I do this cake really nice as I dont want to let my cousin down as shes really looking forward to it.

Any ideas? :flower:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 0
Search eBay Hun for icing paper for cake. Or search the monsters icing paper etc , some have custom adverts where you send them the image you want x

Oh and rice paper is cheaper but terrible quality, paper thin and see through etc

Hope you find somewhere soon.

I done some moulds last night and have loads more to do. Hoping that SIL is coming round today to have a look at the cutters and moulds for her wedding cuppies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->