Cake Making & Baking Group

yep will do when they are done! They prob not gonna turn out coz we had no eggs or milk or sugar so i used water and brown ugar instead :dohh: oh well we will see soon i spose :haha:

I made some last night for my sister and its nearly 9.40am here so her and her work should be eating them about now with their cups of tea lol

I dunno how to add pics noe from FB as its changed?!? :( was gonna add my recent piccie... :(

Heres the link, from the Apple cake was the last time i updated...
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129453047082580&v=photos&ref=ts

:flow: x

Hi Ladies,

hope you don't mind me butting in. I love this thread, although I am only a novice in the kitchen.

I would really like to make Lily's 1'st birthday cake in May, and I think I want to go with a Beatrix Potter theme.

Here are a couple of cakes which I think are amazing:

https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/songbird1986/images.jpg
https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/songbird1986/3699205820_8201cc01cd.jpg

Obviously they would be way to hard for me to do, but it gives you an idea.

Would I be able to make a really plain white sponge and decorate it with Beatrix Potter bits? Like this one for example:

https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/songbird1986/IMG_1831.jpg

Where would I get hold of an edible image? I remember I got a cake once from Asda and you could take in a photo and they would put it on a cake. Is there somewhere I could buy edible pictures?

Also, am I able to buy fancy icing letters, or is it better to pipe the letters?

I'm quite good at sketching and watercolours, is it at all possible to 'paint' with edible colour?

So many questions, sorry!

Basically, I want to know what would you do?

Thanks so much :flower:

Yes you can paint with it, you can buy a colour refresher from sugarflair which when mixed with a tiny bit of colour makes a paint. Alternatively, you can use vodka mixed with colour pastes, but maybe not such a good idea for kids :haha: You can buy letters, or cutters to cut the letters, or you can ice them on. Totally up to you. Not sure as to the edible image, sorry :(

Cass- the change to FB is bloody annoying, that's why I did my last ones as attachments. :growlmad: Grr FB!

I am so busy over this week with cakes. I have a book to make for my sister for Sunday. Will it be okay if I start that tonight? I still haven't worked out how I'm actually going to do it :wacko: Then I have a VHC cake & cupcakes for my LO's 1st birthday for Weds and then I need to think of something to do for my mum for Sun 18th xx

didnt take pics of the cupcakes. I didnt ice them just dusted with icing sugar :haha:

I have a baby shower to do today and 24 for a friend so the girls are going to spend the day with my sister. 48 cupcakes to do by 1pm lol

I will do..

She is having a little girl but the sonographer said she was only 80% certain so she is having blue pink and yellow. Im excited. My whitenener came too so I am gonna use it with the 24 I have to do for a friend.

You're going to be busy Laura! Good luck!

I've only got 12 simple ones to make. Just vanillia with pink vanilla buttercream and the customer only wants love heart sweets on the top. Winner!

i dont bake much but i just made my daughters first birthday cake and cup cakes! we had a tea party theme! i also made cake pops which every one loved

Attachments

• SAM_0208.jpg
    SAM_0208.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 36
they're really good purple kiwi.

I did my book, will post pics later. Xx

Aww they are really good! Cute teapot :)
I've done lots of Valentines Cupcakes today.

i dont bake much but i just made my daughters first birthday cake and cup cakes! we had a tea party theme! i also made cake pops which every one loved

That's so cute Purple Kiwi, my family grew up with having birthday teas, I loved it even though it wasn't a proper party. Great cake and cake pops. Have you subscribed to Bakerella.com, she loves her cake pops and had a book out recently?

I've just made three batches of cupcakes and toppings. Knackered is not the word! Still to ice and finish them off though to take them to work tomorrow and OH's work. Stupid idea doing this all in one go, why do I do it?:dohh:

OMG, I am shattered. I have to make another batch tonight as the lady who wants tomorrow's now wants them on my way to work! My knee caps feel like they have been hit hard with a hammer lol.
I had to make 24 for a baby shower, 24 for a valentines treat, 8 for another valentines treat and now I have 3 more people to do them for..

My fridge was full with butter yesterday now I have 3 left lol.

Im just about to post pics..

This is todays...

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 18
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 21