Cake Making & Baking Group

My latest ones, I just really don't have the time any more.

Everyones look fabulous, Kitty I bow down to you!!
https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/320607_10150273164071534_604441533_8047477_936587331_n.jpg

Cupcakers: What fondant do you use for your moulds ??

Do you use normal sugarpaste with gum trag or tylo in it? Or do you use flowerpaste/modelling paste?

Or something else???

Thanks sweeties xx

Arlandria - I use royal icing. I have only just managed to get my hands on fondant through Tesco online shopping. Just grease your mould before you use it and then it will be easier to come out. :) I love my moulds.

Cupcakers: What fondant do you use for your moulds ??

Do you use normal sugarpaste with gum trag or tylo in it? Or do you use flowerpaste/modelling paste?

Or something else???

Thanks sweeties xx

Petal paste x

What's the difference between all the icings? Fondant, royal, petal etc?! I'm so confused :dohh:

Also what tins and cases do you use?

I just used the roll out stuff for my mould and put corn flower in it before :shrug: didnt add anything to it and they came out perfect?

Wish I could upload some photos of Rosalies birthday cake :)

Woohoo for national cupcake week!

Not got any pictures of any finished cakes or cupcakes as by the time they are finished some greedy bugger has stuck a fork in it! I need to get padlocks on the cake boxes in this house!

This week I have two projects: 1 easy, 1 not so much!

1 x 8" chocolate fudge cake using a beautiful nigella recipe that is to die for! yum yum.

1 x Fairy princess cake to go atop a multicoloured cupcake tower of approx 4 dozen cuppies. Along with 4 dozen french vanilla cuppies for little party go-ers to decorate and 2 dozen rainbow princess cuppies for the them take home after. I feel a bit ill thinking about all that cake!

I will definately get piccies of both of these!!

Now for question time!! It's my friends 21st next weekend and I'm doing a surprise cake for her, her party theme is hooters :wacko: so I would like to tie this in with the cake somehow. I'm planning on doing a 12 or 10 inch vanilla sponge with jam and buttercream, with an 8 inch coffee sponge with coffee buttercream on top (she loves my coffee cake so I can't really leave it out).

Does coffee cake go with fondant? In my head it would taste vile... even using white chocolate fondant I can't imagine it being nice. I've never done a non-family cake thats just had buttercream coating , but I've been told it's quite popular stateside and I can't see why it wouldn't work... would it? So in my head I'm thinking orange tinted buttercream for the bottom tier (to fit with the hooters theme) but then coffee buttercream would look mad with orange right? Unless I tinted the coffee one orange, and the bottom one was white. ARGH!

Someone sort out my jumble headed ideas... I'll pay in cake! :thumbup:

Coffee cake with fondant icing is nice yes. The "chocolate" roll-out icing works too; it is not very chocolate-y so not overpowering.

I can't imagine an ornage cake with a white one on top... doesn't look very appealing in my head but you never know.... Are you planning to do it like comedy boobs or just a plain tiered cake, or decorate a tiered cake? Maybe not what you were thinking at all but you could do your orange cake for the bottom with two coffee cake "boobs" on top? (either bake them in a shallow teacup/ cappucino cup or make normal cake then cut out cylinders with eg empty baked bean tin.)

Orange-sox, that coffee sponge with coffee buttercream on top sounds lovely. I don't suppose you want to share that recipe as I love coffee cake. :cake:

Thought I would quickly put up a few cakes I made :flower:

Happy cupcake week :cake: hope you are all making loooaaddsss

Attachments

• DSC03776.jpg
    DSC03776.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC03813.jpg
    DSC03813.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC04012.jpg
    DSC04012.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 17
Thought this might be interesting for some of you very talented ladies. :winkwink:

https://www.facebook.com/Asda?sk=app_253225921375484

I've uploaded a pic of my favourite cakes I made :) thanks for the link.

Thought I would quickly put up a few cakes I made :flower:

Happy cupcake week :cake: hope you are all making loooaaddsss

they are fab x How did you do the little flower pots?? are they cases?? x

I have 2 orders coming up for 2 of my friends children x
One is for the 9th Oct & its a Gruffalo theme so she wants 12 vanilla cupcakes & 12 choc then 12 with bright orange BC & 12 with bright green BC with gruffalo toppers that she is ordering x
The other is for the 19th oct & its a digger theme, she wants the same sponges as above with half choc buttercream & the other 12 blue (??)
then I have ordered a digger mould for the toppers x
I'm really nervous about it as they are my first cupackes that I'll be making a lot of & for a special occasion they normally just get eaten by my family lol x

Will post pics after x

Reedy they are just small pots ;)

Oooooh Reedy sounds fab!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back