• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cake Making & Baking Group

Amazing cakes girls as always x will post my Xmas cupcakes tomorrow night x

I'm just experimenting with piping chocolate right now, I made stars the other day for a thank you cupcake set, and some other shapes but only have a pic of the stars I'll post it now....

Sorry it's huge it's off FB

https://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/405132_193229640771418_153505481410501_388423_1041646417_n.jpg

Emmy, they look gorgeous. Can I just ask you is the icing very sweet? I am still looking for the right icing as the ones I have tried are just too sweet for my liking.

Ooooh the chocolate stars look fab x

Heres my xmas cupcakes x I did reindeers & Holly x

Attachments

• DSCF0051.jpg
    DSCF0051.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0052.jpg
    DSCF0052.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0053.jpg
    DSCF0053.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1
Not a very good picture but I made this Father Christmas cake.

Attachments

• DSC01692.jpg
    DSC01692.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 5
That's an awesome cake!

Reedy those cuppies are adorable!

My icing in that pic was ganache, I find chocolate buttercream really really sweet!

Fab santa cake x

My friends is moving hoise this weekend so think I'll make her some 'New Home' cupcakes x

Fab pics ladies.. I've got the girls ones coming up in a few weeks so excited. They are going to all be multicoloured with multicoloured toppers and a chocolate indulgence cake with multicoloured icing and decorations lol.

Piperette, yeah ganache is less sweet, more rich and just so chocolatey and yum lol :haha:

Laura I can't wait to see these cakes!!

I successfully made cake pops last night :happydance:

Huge pic sorry taken from FB again -

https://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/388880_10150476375725662_583480661_8933047_379290788_n.jpg

They're coffee sponge and buttercream coated in dark chocolate, so so rich and yummy lol!

Question for those who make cakes... Do you get cracked icing? I'm about having breakdown... I don't know what to try?
Tried

Different icing
Less Corn flour
Kneading more/less

ANY advice from anyone?? Before I go to my gran :rofl: :rofl:

Do you mean royal icing? If so and you mean when you roll it it could be that your working with it too much. Handle it as less as possible and get your cakes iced as quickly as you can.

Piperette, yeah ganache is less sweet, more rich and just so chocolatey and yum lol :haha:

Do you make the ganache yourself and if so, how do you do it?

Depending on what you need it for,

Dark chocolate use half the amount of cream to chocolate
White chocolate use 1/3 cream to chocolate

Heat the cream up and pour over the chocolate. Some people say stir others say dont stir :dohh:
If the mix splits and the grease comes to the top I normally cool it down heat up very gently and add in some single cream.

That's what I've done :blush:

What sort of things can you use it for, Blob? So you can make white and dark ganache? What cream do you use? Sorry for all the questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->