• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cake Making & Baking Group

Lmao I wing the amounts, I used 600ml double cream, 250g dark chocolate, 50g milk chocolate and microwaved the cream in a jug then put the chocolate chunks in and leave for a coupld of minutes for the choc to melt then use a whisk to stir, I find using a spoon causes it to seperate :shrug: then let it cool and pop in teh fridge to harden, then I use my hand mixer to stiffen it (but not too much or it goes hard :dohh:) and it's great for piping :thumbup: and sooooooo tasty mmmmmmmm!

Emmy, how many cupcakes does that ice please?

Also, has anyone ever successfully filled cupcakes with a filling and if so, how?

Sorry I forgot to add that :dohh: that amount did 18 cupcakes with a lot leftover (so much I couldnt eat it all myself :blush:) so I'd say probably 24 cupcakes with a 1M nozzle :thumbup:

I fail at filling cupcakes lol!

Ooh eck, I've just been asked for a quote and a design for a 3 tier christening cake for this weekend :help:

I have the nozzle and I filled them with buttercream jam and it was delicious.

I'm gonna try ganache. Sounds amazing!!

Made the toppers for the girls party. They have flowers, hearts, leaves, bumblebees, lady birds and some number three toppers lol

I have the nozzle and I filled them with buttercream jam and it was delicious.

I'm gonna try ganache. Sounds amazing!!

Made the toppers for the girls party. They have flowers, hearts, leaves, bumblebees, lady birds and some number three toppers lol

Sorry Laura, but you've lost me...it's late. What nozzle are you using?

The toppers sound lovely. :thumbup:

The ganache was for icing big cakes :lol: instead of buttercream I just add more cream depending what it's for :)

With quoting i have no idea i have to quote for a 3 tier wedding cake for sep... I have no idea was going to say £150 :rofl: random stab in the dark.

It's a long nozzle which you can fill a cupcake inside with.

It's a Wilton 230 sorry lol..

Hi girls x
I made my house toppers last night using royal icing & put them in a tupperware box over night got up this morning & they are all soggy & wet.
Can I just leave them out instead of putting them in a tub? will they not dry out & crack? help please??

Laura I can't wait for pictures!

Reedy I can't help I''m afraid, haven't braved royal icing yet.

I'm really panicking about this christening cake, she wants me to send her a design today so she can yay or nay but she's asked another cakey person too, she wants pics of cakes I've done other than what's on my page but that's all I have!

Can cake dummies be reused? Thinking of getting some so that I can make big cakes to take pics of.

Hi girls x
I made my house toppers last night using royal icing & put them in a tupperware box over night got up this morning & they are all soggy & wet.
Can I just leave them out instead of putting them in a tub? will they not dry out & crack? help please??

Yeah your supposed to leave them to dry first and then put them in the container.

Emmy I don't know if they can be re used but I would definitely look into it.

Thanks Laura, will remember that for next time x
Probably really dumb but what are cake dummies??

So do you just make your hole with the nozzle and squeeze the filling in or do you need to take some of the cake out first in order to make space for the filling if that makes sense? :blush:

Cake dummies are plastic or polysyrene moulds of cakes so you can decorate them for practise or shows or displays so you don't have to make the cake too. :)

Blob I don't suppose you know if they're reusable do you?

Have turned down the christening cake, 3 days to get everything I need, bake and decorate is not enough time with a baby :nope:

Have done my valentines cupcakes, once LO is asleep I'm gonna photograph them :thumbup:

Valentines cuppies -

https://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad323/Tiggylou/a14e9b5a.jpg

Cuuuuute :thumbup:

I don't see why not? You just put water on them and then the icing? I reuse mine :)

So do you just make your hole with the nozzle and squeeze the filling in or do you need to take some of the cake out first in order to make space for the filling if that makes sense? :blush:

You can do it either way really. Depends on how much you want. I tried it without cutting any cake out and personally for me there wasn't enough filling so cutting out some cake works better for me, then it depends on what filling if its really strong like a coffee cream then I wouldn't because sometimes it can be a little too much.

You can do it either way really. Depends on how much you want. I tried it without cutting any cake out and personally for me there wasn't enough filling so cutting out some cake works better for me, then it depends on what filling if its really strong like a coffee cream then I wouldn't because sometimes it can be a little too much.

Sorry for all the questions, but how did you cut the cake out and did it leave it looking a bit messy? :shrug:

Thanks Blob x
Emmy - the valentines cupcakes look lush x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"