Cake Making & Baking Group

I'm on a diet too but Monday is treat day and i might have a slice!

It's really easy and quick,you just crush up a packet of digestive biscuits (and then you can add ingredients if you like such as dried fruit/chocolate etc) then you melt some golden syrup and butter and then stir that into to crushed biscuits.Pour into a tray and flatten the mix.
Leave for awhile to cool.

Then melt some chocolate and spread it evenly onto the biscuit mix and add on anything you want (I just put on some marshmallows and sugar stars,but you can add anything!) Then put into fridge to set and then cut it into slabs to serve.

Oooo, I could make it with low fat digestives and low fat spread etc! Then just add some choc chips and miss out the choccy topping, thanks chick!

I think i will make one for the weekend so i can treat myself!

Ok, well i no i said i was worlds worst cake maker, but i really really wanna learn, i made some cupcakes this afternoon but put too much mixture in the cases so they have over flowed :( im goin to ice them and will post some pictures x

Ok, well im not posting pictures...they look like a child has made them. Ild be gratful if i could PM them to someone and someone can help me out?
x

Pm them to me if you like and i'll see what they are like?
It's all about practicing hun :)

georgie, i started off with cupcake mixes (the ones you just add an egg and water to) and pre made buttercream, once you get the hang of it you can try making everything from scratch.

What nozzles did you use on your piping bag?

i used the massive one :blush: i REALLY REALLY wanna do them but feel all deflated about it now...ill pm you both pics!

can you get pre made buttercream!?!

why do i always choose the things im worst at that i wanna do!!

xx

Because it's a challenge and you can do it! :)

I think they look really pretty! Maybe you need to use a smaller nozzle.How do they taste?

If you use a smaller nozzle and maybe use a little more icing sugar and not much milk so the icing isn't so runny they will look more like mine.I really think they look great though lovely :)

Right girlies I need an ide for Thomas birthday cake. He will be one and loves in the night garden I don't want a cake in the shape of a character though I just want a round cake and some sort of decorations to go on top?

Ok scratch that idea I have found a cake making website and I am going to buy the tin and things myself :) Just need to try and make a decent cake LOL.

What recipe would you use for a plain sponge cake in a 6inch round tin?

xx

6 eggs - weigh them then use the same amount flour sugar and margerine.....cream sugar and marge then add flour and eggs a little at a time..i bake at around 140 ish but my oven Cremates everything so i have to have it really low! if you have a normal oen put it at about 160 ish :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

do you know where Dainty Supplies is hun..there is a GREAT cake supplies shop near there :) you'll get everything you need from there :)

sara

xx

Thanks Sara :) I don't klnow where it is :( But I have ordered some stuff off the net :) Got a tin, a noahs ark sugar figure, 4 farm animal figures, a 1 candle, a cake board, stars on wire to stick in the cake and the icing to go on the cake :) xx

the one near dainty toys is fab!!!

they have a website too!

cant wait to see pics!!

Hi Ladies!

I've had a quick scan through the previous pages and OMG you are some talentled people!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm after a bit of help if you can spare me a mo.

I'm making Amelia a 1st Birthday cake and I've decided to make one which I notice Pinksnowball has made too. It's a fairy toadstool from one of Debbie Browns book's. So firstly I could do with some advice. It says to use 2 x 1 litre over proof bowls to bake the mixture in. What type of material would be best for these bowls, pyrex or ceramic? I'm going to have to go and buy them so thought it best to ask the professionals rather than go through trial and error.

Also Pinksnowball, do you have any tips for me when making the toadstool? Anything at all that will help?

I'm looking for THE BEST chocolate cake recipe you have ever used too. Something that tastes AMAZING! It will be covered with fondant so I need something tough enough to withstand the weight. I don't mind how expensive or complex it is to make I just want it to taste fantastic (as it may not look that hot once I've had my paws on it!)

Sorry to be a pest and ask so many questions. Thanks so much in advance xxxx

Hi Ladies!

I've had a quick scan through the previous pages and OMG you are some talentled people!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm after a bit of help if you can spare me a mo.

I'm making Amelia a 1st Birthday cake and I've decided to make one which I notice Pinksnowball has made too. It's a fairy toadstool from one of Debbie Browns book's. So firstly I could do with some advice. It says to use 2 x 1 litre over proof bowls to bake the mixture in. What type of material would be best for these bowls, pyrex or ceramic? I'm going to have to go and buy them so thought it best to ask the professionals rather than go through trial and error.

Also Pinksnowball, do you have any tips for me when making the toadstool? Anything at all that will help?

I'm looking for THE BEST chocolate cake recipe you have ever used too. Something that tastes AMAZING! It will be covered with fondant so I need something tough enough to withstand the weight. I don't mind how expensive or complex it is to make I just want it to taste fantastic (as it may not look that hot once I've had my paws on it!)

Sorry to be a pest and ask so many questions. Thanks so much in advance xxxx

I used two 1 litre pyrex bowls

the fairies are a bit fiddly so make a few spare

and get some pearl luster spray for when u have finished.

im rubbish at choc cake , my toadstool was one half cherry and almond one half coffee and walnut

:flower:

omg i have an awesome choc recipe somewhere. I'll try my best and find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->