Cake Making & Baking Group

haha probably! I have a couple of little cupcake boxes left, I'll make you some and bung them in the post!

I want pics to see what they look like after they get there! and we have to work out a day when you will be in so they dont sit in the delivery office for an extra day!!!

Hi ladies - I was wondering if you guys have any really great MUFFIN recipes.. I know a lot of you do cakes and cupcakes - especially you Andrea - yuuuuuuuum! They always look so good!
I'm in a big muffin mood - so just seeing if all you avid bakers have any good recipes or suggestions to share! :)

haha probably! I have a couple of little cupcake boxes left, I'll make you some and bung them in the post!

I want pics to see what they look like after they get there! and we have to work out a day when you will be in so they dont sit in the delivery office for an extra day!!!

Wooo! Ok that is totally fine by me :D

hiya Nat! :wave:

Nah I am pants at Muffins! I have never really got them to work properly, I did see a muffin making machine once.....hmmmm..... might invest in one!

I usually just buy the fresh blueberry ones from ASDA! :blush:

ha ha well im screwed then...im baking AND decorating lol, it might balance it out if i do both LOL

o yeah...my nan was mega superstitious too....she died on friday the 13th!! and it will be friday the 13th on Abbi's first birthday! she was born on the anniversary of my nans death (she used to make wedding cakes too! LOL)

o yeah...my nan was mega superstitious too....she died on friday the 13th!! and it will be friday the 13th on Abbi's first birthday! she was born on the anniversary of my nans death (she used to make wedding cakes too! LOL)

I am so spooked now it is unreal! :argh:

:hi:

Andrea £25 for one of ur cakes is crazy!!!! if u were near me i would book in for u to do every family member i have :rofl:

its my sisters birthday on friday so im going to make her a stand full of cupcakes as she loved the ones at xmas.

awww that will be lovely snowball! id do my mum more too...but i havnt got the time LOL
u got a theme for ur cupcakes?

ive just finished the mint ones, spitfire cake is covered....im guna make a start on the toffee ones in a mo....ive been quite stressed today...nothing will go right!! i was mixing the buttercream, and my bottle of vanilla extract jumped out of the cupboard and into my bowl n almost broke my mixer!!!...bearing in mind im on like....mixer number 7!! they all break! LOL

I want to make more cakes but i feel so :sick: I just cant BOOOO!!!

she likes the coconut and cherry ones i make, only problem is is that i dont know where my cupcake nozzle has gone, i used the biggest one i could find but didnt make them as big as i'd like

im gonna do a practice cake of the one im doing for alex's birthday

what does everyone use in choc cakes as filling ??

andrea, i buy tesco value jam!! and value flour etc.....u dont need to use the other stuff....the only branded stuff i buy is stork marg....thats it.
as for buying wholesale...i have a wholesaler for icing etc.....and its not really worth it even though im so busy with cakes all the time they want me to spent about £1500 a year.....it just cant be done LOL

o they are being sent by courrier? god that will cost abit wont it? i hope they dont chuck the box around....i once ordered a baby matress and cot and caught the bloke hurling my matress out of the van and into the mud!! it was in the packaging...but thats not the point,i could have killed him!! LOL
true....sponge cakes do last 5 days...but thats usually a whole sponge...covered in fondant and uncut....i think its a different matter for cupcakes.
ive got some chocolate and mint ones in the oven now for my mums birthday 2moro....when those are done, im starting on some toffee ones :)

connahs mummy, no prob hun...and thanks!!
i know someone who decorated their own black and white cake....thje bought the iced cakes from marks n spencer...and as they werent too good with icing and fondant, they bought some black ribbon bows n simply pinned them on!! theres so many different things u can do.....what sort of cake do u like? seen any u fancy yet?

Oooooo mint chocoalte ones sound lush! The ones tomorrow I may do as chocolate orange!! Mmmmm.

Andrea I have sent them with UKMail :) We are giving it a trial :thumbup: will let you know how it goes!! :thumbup:

Can't make them Thursday morning as there pick up time is between 8 and 6 :rolleyes:

Also making an anniversary cake for my nana and granda this week. Anyone have any ideas what to do? :D xx

Sorry to back track a bit but ladies you really should charge more for your cakes, they're amazing and take you a lot of time and effort. If I were dealing with the customers who are taking the pee I would show them exactly what you could make for that price and let them decide to pay you more for what they'd like. Like has been said, if they don't want to pay the extra then they can naff off to Asda!

Pink snowball on Taper's advice I cheated and bought some ready made filling for my chocolate cake. I got Betty Crockers ready to spread icing, Rich and Creamy, Chocolate fudge. It tastes sooooooooooooo good and saves you time! Like I mentioned it tastes so good I even caught my OH with the left over tub and a spoon!

hey ladies i havnt been on here in a long time and had so many pages to read through but im back. the last baking i got to do was for x mas and my cupcakes were so cute. anyways i have alot of baking ahead of me. im going to make an 1 love u cookie for valentines day for OH, OH'S dice cake for his 21st b day and last wedding stuff providing oh goes into the navy.

im thinking of doing a small cake with some cup cakes but dont know how i would make them all cute to go with the theme...it would be a beach wedding. any ideas let me know..or if u get bored and wanna show me some then i would love that to

oooo sma...ive seen some gorgeous beach themed wedding cakes.....they are decorated in a 'sand' colour and have starfish n shells on them.....lovely!!
theres these:
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_J__IXuvBf9o/San-O3RBRDI/AAAAAAAAAC4/NY69pmJTA2g/s400/beach+cupcakes-blue+%26+shell.jpg
https://www.creative-theme-wedding-ideas.com/images/CTBeach.jpg
https://www.sweetbliss.com.au/images/cakes/sea-shell-cup-cakes.jpg
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3517/3880636849_28208a4afd.jpg

almost makes me want to make sum!!!

mmmm i made chocolate orange ones too before....they are my fav so far!!

anowball...i have the same problem here....i need a WAAAY bigger nozzle, mine is much too small, i tried ordering one but they were discontinued....ill have to get one off ebay or something!!

I like the lighthouse ones! Not sure about shells on cakes though, they make me think of salt!!

I made some Muffins last night, total disaster.... again!! I just cant get a muffin recipe right !

Well they werent a huge disaster, they were still edible, but a bit tastless!

LOL...chocolate shells andrea!

well all my cupcakes are done (think i need to go back to the drawing board with the toffee ones though....the toffee sauce has sunk through the sponge n made it abit.....soggy!! so im going to thicken it up next time, and make it into a sort of toffee cream :)
but im sure my mum will like them.....piccies will be on soon.
got to finish my spitfire cake today too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->