Cake Making & Baking Group

Didn't overheat it,i tried it twice and when i did it without the milk the same way it was perfect.

They taste nice anyway,just tried a warm one.

:blush: taperjeangirl lol....im so glad u buy it ready made :haha:
i find this, when u heat chocolate WITH milk it goes all solid and dark like its burnt, if i leave the chocolate to cool a little before i mix in the milk (obv while its still runny) then its usually ok....iv never understood it either.

Im looking at making a chocolate cake wen i geta chance this week specially coz u u ladies inspiring me lol...does anyone have any chcoloate frosting recipes?
Or/and filling between the sandwiches?
Thanks you :D xxxxxx

Or i think if u heat up the milk b4 u add it as well thats emant to stop it curdling xxx

i use mascapone cheese mixed with icing sugar for my fillings its super yummy!!

for a chocolate cake could u just add cocoa powder to that?

i was just rifling throught the recipe requests to see if there was anything interesting and read u giving the same advice to Linzi lol :haha:
Must be good if u swear by it :D xxxx

Double chocolate cupcakes https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P2081159.jpg

Oh they look soooo yummy!!!! I love your cupcake surface saver! Is it from Argos? I am sure its the one I have wanted for ages!

Yes it is from Argos.I got it with someof my Christmas money because i thought it was so cute!

The topping is just melted choc,will it set or stay gooey? Doesn't say to store it in the fridge to set them or anything,i assume that would make the sponge go a bit yukky?

if its just melted choc it shoudl set quite quickly :o) You could put them in the fridge to set quicker if you wanted

Well thats the first recipe from my Next Cupcake book done...lots more to try.

Please don't laugh but i have anxiety problems and i panic at everything and need alot of help and i usually make my cakes with Mum telling me what to do and advising me but i made these all by myself and followed a new recipe and they have come out ok so i'm a bit proud.
I've made flapjacks and fridge cake myself too. :)

oh my god!! i cant believe how much ive missed!
i usually get an email when someone replies, but i ddint get one! LOL

welcome to all the new bakers in here!! :hugs:

andrea...ur hello kitty cake is super cute!!!
and glitterfairy, ur cupcakes turned out brilliantly!!

as for the white chocolate icing adding milk?????...i never added milk to mine?

and...dont put your oven on 200 hun, thats too high, youll have much more luck with it at 140-160, let us know how u get on! :)

caitlinsmummy...i thought u meant u had made a cow cake LOL

kriskitten....for chocolate cake, just use ur fav sponge recipe, and add cocoa!! as much or as little as u want :)

i start my 2nd cake of february 2moro...nothing special just a blue round one with a spitfire on it (ive already made on before)

Yeah it said to add milk in the recipe book and i tried it twice and it went yukky.Stick to doing it without milk in future.

ohhh can I join? I have a website (been a bit slack updating it) but I try and post the cakes I have made on it, its on my profile :)

Just looking at your website now.WOW!

Love the lingerie party cupcakes.Cute :)

i just have to share this... im a cupcake fiend and have made dozens upon dozens of different kinds! but ladies... I HAVE FOUND THE ULTIMATE CUPCAKE!!!!!!! it is honestly like sex in a wee bun casing!!! try them out!!!

Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes

preheat oven to 170C *makes 12*

120g plain flour
140g caster sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
40g unsalted butter (at room temperature- v. important!)
120ml whole milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
12 strawberries, chopped into small pieces
2 or 3 digestive biscuits

put the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in a big bowl and beat with an electric mixer on slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
pour in the milk and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until all the ingredients are well mixed. add the egg and beat well, making sure everything is well mixed.
divide the chopped strawberries between 12 bun cases in a bun tray, and spoon the mixture on top of the strawberries.
bake for 20 mins or until light golden-brown. leave in the tray for a few minutes to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.

Cream Cheese Frosting
300g icing sugar, sifted
50g unsalted butter (@ room temp)
125g cream cheese, cold

beat butter and icing sugar together with an electric mixer on medium-slow speed until well mixed and mixture comes together. add the cream cheese in one go and beat until it is completely incorporated. turn mixer up to medium-high speed and beat for about 5 mins until light and fluffy. dont over beat, as it can quickly go runny!

divide the frosting between the buns once they are cold. put the digestives in a food processor until finely ground (or put them in a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin if you dont have one like me!) and sprinkle the crushed biccies on top of the buns!

namnamnam...

mmm nuke that sounds lovely....definatly gonna have to give them a go
thanks nutty, i already have a recipe for the cake which i love its just the frosting im unsure of? xxx

could I maybe join =]

i have a frosting recipe for you krissss

300g icing sugar
100g unsalted butter(at room temp)
40g cocoa powder
40ml milk
(quantities are for 12 cupcakes, for covering a whole cake top and sides double all quantities)

beat the icing sugar, cocopowder and butter together. then add in the milk a couple of table spoons at a time and and mix it in. Once all the milk has been incoperated, beat with an electric whisk untill the frosting is light and fluffy... (about 5 mins)

Its yummy xxx

Well thats the first recipe from my Next Cupcake book done...lots more to try.

Please don't laugh but i have anxiety problems and i panic at everything and need alot of help and i usually make my cakes with Mum telling me what to do and advising me but i made these all by myself and followed a new recipe and they have come out ok so i'm a bit proud.
I've made flapjacks and fridge cake myself too. :)

aww well done :)

Never feel worried about asking questions, its the only way to learn! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back