Call me mad but I WANT to wean him now

Recommendations aside for the moment:

OP you are worried your baby is hungry (normal caring mother reaction). At the moment he gets protein, fat, carbs, salts, vitamins and hydration all from his milk. To give him the same nutrition in a meal he'd need to be able to eat meat and two veg, or a lasagne or something! So IF you started him on a few fruit or veg purees he'd still need the same amount of milk as fruit and veg don't contain much protein or fat (the things that keep us full). So your options are to keep his milk as it is and introduce food in between, or introduce more milk in between. Either way you are introducing extra , not replacing his milk with food. IMO it just seems easier to make that extra thing milk. His system is used to it and it has everything he needs, and it's less hassle for you.

It may be that you find that he isn't hungry after all, just getting to that developmental stage where babies put everything in their mouths. They learn about shape and texture that way. All babies his age are doing it I assure you.

I'm also not an expert on ff as I did combi feeding, but could he be thirsty and just drinking the formula because it's a drink as well as food? I would't go two hours without a drink so I don't see why a baby would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->