Calling All Buddhists!!

sleepinbeauty

WTT#1 after marriage
Reaction score
I'm a Zen Buddhist living in Ulster County, NY. I'm looking for people to chat with about our religion. Anyone?

I am not Buddhist but I love looking into and learning about religions and philosophies to better myself and Buddhism is defniitely a great one that I hope with time and knowledge will help me do that.

I'd be interested in learning and discussing! PM me if you want! :)

I consider myself pagan but definitely love studying the teachings of buddhism as well.

Because of my therapy I was introduced to mindfulness. Then I listened and read Pema Chödrön and Thich Nhat Hanh. I don't call myself a Buddhist but I am going that way with my spirituality and way of life XXXX (I have a catholic background, and also believe in Jesus :)

I've grown up Zen Buddhist, even though I am baptized LDS. I am simply in love with the Zen Buddhist culture <3

I am looking for truth.
Former Christian.
Wouldn't call myself an Athiest as I've seen too much in my life believe a higher power doesn't exist...but I just feel intuitive and searching for love. I don't know what I am. I feel lost since leaving the church (christian). Can you all share w me yor beliefs? I was raised in a very white Jesus believing small town America...I'm not sure if im Buddhist, but I don't know much about it either...help please.

Hello Guppy, welcome to this thread though as you can see it doesn't have much activity. Buddhism's ultimate goal is to end suffering. Meditation is used to let us become more awake and aware (and less lost in our thoughts and emotions). Loving kindness and compassion is brought to ourselves and then to others. As in a Christian church there are communities called Sanghas, were you meditate and share the Dharma (the teachings of the Buddha). If you are in the path of Buddhism you are given the tools to seek your path, but its a path you do yourself, that is why Buddhist teachings give such enigmatic and somewhat confusing answers, because you have to get there yourself. Pema Chodron and Thich Nhat Hanh are a good place to start, there is a lot in Youtube. I don't know a great deal myself but any questions please feel free to ask X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->