Calling all February bump buddies!! (10 BLUE) (5 PINK) (2 ANGELS)

Hey Ladies!
I had my glucose tolerance test 2 days ago and am currently awaiting the results. It wasn't too bad as I had the earliest appointment so was able to get it out of the way fairly early.

I can't believe how organised you all are with the baby items! Everyday I seem to remember another something that I'll need to get :dohh: So far we've got:
- Moses Basket (with bedding)
- Playmat/Gym
- Pram
- Pram Blanket
- Drawers for the nursery
- A Sophie Girraffe!
- A few bits of clothing (snowsuits, cardigans, onesies, sleepsuits and hats)
- Changing Bag
- Changing Mat
- Muslin Cloths

We still need to buy:
- Baby Bath
- Toiletries
- Nappies and Wipes
- Grobag
- Scratch Mitts, Booties and Socks (plus some more plain vests)
- Some Bottles and a Tin of Formula ( I want to breastfeed but thought I should get some emergency milk in anyway)
- Soft toys
- Car Seat
- Baby Sling (type thing!)

Am I missing anything essential? I'm a first time mum and am finding it tough deciding what I do and don't need :blush:

Baby rocker or swing is essential for me...maybe invest in one.
I bought mine second hand for $20! Still in perfect condition you don't need to spend a fortune on it.

If you can't afford or have the space for a swing then a vibrating bouncy chair. I used it for a long time, even to feed baby before I put them in a high chair.

I am not organized at all yet. So don't feel bad. But dh has until the end of xmas to get the boys moved around so we can start organizing baby stuff LOL

Had my 28 week app with the midwife... she said I had protein in my urine, she didn't seem to think it was a big deal so I didn't push it, she said most likely an incoming UTI (fun fun) Should I be concerned ?

I'll definitely have a look at some baby swings/bouncers. I'm really enjoying hunting down baby items second hand too, alot of the clothes I have only cost a pound or two and are in great condition. Spose they only get worn a few times before the bubs outgrows them!

Had my 28 week app with the midwife... she said I had protein in my urine, she didn't seem to think it was a big deal so I didn't push it, she said most likely an incoming UTI (fun fun) Should I be concerned ?

I wouldn't be overly concerned if she dismissed it however I'd keep an eye out for the UTI and get it sorted if it does occur. Do you have another midwife appointment in the next few weeks coming up?

You could always just buy some cranberry juice or pills and just a couple just to keep your urine acidic and rid yourself of that potential infection. I would worry about it cause a UTI can cause problems with the pg. Like preterm labour….

We have everything for the kid except diapers and wipes.

-pnp for her to sleep in
-swing
-bouncer from Alek
-car seat
-stroller
-bathtub from Alek
-too many newborn clothes :/
-enough 3 months and up to 6
-wash supplies
-toys
-bottles if we need them
-back up formula if we need it

Oh gotta buy a couple of pacis.

Everything is good!

My baby shower is tomorrow and I am getting pretty stoked. I have had a few family members ask me what the website for my registry is yesterday and today lol. Last minute shoppers I guess:shrug: But that is super awesome because there are still quite a few things that I don't have that I could really use i.e. breastpump, boppy, rocking chair, monitors, sheets for the bassinet... It would be awesome if my family actually pitched in this time since they didn't get a chance with DD1...

So did I. She sent my wee to be tested. She said probably a uti as well.

So I have a midwife appointment every Wednesday which isn't very convenient for me but oh well, I got the glucose testing thingo I'm getting used to the idea of pricking my finger 4 times a day! I got to meet my new dietitian who put me on a healthy carb diet, but I still need to go grocery shopping and get the stuff recommended. I really don't want to end up with a c section.

Rhi_Rhi did they give you a swab to check for uti? Do you have the symptoms of uti it's not fun I had it with ds1.

MamaBear I hope your baby shower goes well, make sure you update us on how it goes and I hope you get the stuff you want! It'll be a massive help I'm sure.

Aftg your dh needs to get a move on time is flying by!! I already put up the cot! LO call me crazy but I hated seeing it lying in the garage like that. Bub will sleep in our room I will not be co-sleeping so bub will be in the bassinet for the first months then onto the cot. I like my bassinet it rocks and has music so it'll be a good help. Ill post pics when everything's done.

BMB yes he does, I was going to get him moving today but he was offered overtime, so of course that is going to come first before the room. Though I am hoping that he will be able to work some on it tomorrow. I am sure he won't want to but he won't have much of a choice!!

We have to keep pushing them lol. Yesterday I asked dh 6453452735342547 times to mow the lawn!!! I was this close to pulling out my hair!

Well... that protein obviously was nothing, I have never had a UTI but I think I would know about it by now lol..... and they never called me over the weekend so I can only assume everything came back fine :)

Growth scan tomorrow :) yay !

I haven't heard if mine came back with a UTI either….. I gave them my pee on Thurs. So I am hoping to hear from the Dr today. If I don't then I am clear and I have a LO sitting on my ureter, causing it to colic.

My doctor just put me on pepcid for reflux and it's making a marked difference!

Why else would you have protein in your urine if not a uti?? Just wondering how that works.

2 nights in a row I have slept decent. I'll take it!! :)

The other reason for protein in the urine is if you may have pre-e. So if her blood pressure is ok then I think that is why she would have thought it maybe an infection.

She said It could be discharge ..... Bit of an odd one, but there u go.

Hey girls they admitted me to the hospital in sacred heart. I have fluid in my lung. If my breathing doesn't improve they're talking about taking lainee sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->