Calling all ladies with BFPs over 35

Lee37

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I am 37 and on cycle 5, no luck yet...just wondering how long it took you ladies over 35 to get a BFP and your experiences/symptoms. I know it would give me hope as well as all the other ladies here who are facing frustration in TTC. Please post away...tks in advance! xx

I will be stalking too:winkwink:I'm 36 cycle 4 and the :witch: made her appearance this morn:cry: need some hope too!

Hi ceri78! Sorry to hear that, and I hope this next cycle will be the one for you! :hugs:

I'm 38 and it took 3 cycles this time. My first took 2 cycles at 34.

Good luck everyone!! X

Congrats Ginger1!:yipee: So happy for you! Did you use any fertility herbs or meds..? Tks for your post, you are giving us hope!! :flower:

I started TTC when I was 36 and 2 months. Got my BFP 10 months later. I missed a couple of cycles trying due to my OH being away with work - so in all I think it took 8 months. I think the average is a year. I had started tests etc and was starting to worry. I had acupuncture as I am a trained acupuncturist and really felt this helped to regulate my cycle.

As for symptoms I genuinely couldn't tell the difference between pmt and pregnancy.

Would defo recommend charting a few months and taking opks. Make sure you really know your cycle so that timing every month is spot on.

Good luck ladies :) and don't forget to send your OH for sperm tests. It's not always us!

I started TTC when I was 36 and 2 months. Got my BFP 10 months later. I missed a couple of cycles trying due to my OH being away with work - so in all I think it took 8 months. I think the average is a year. I had started tests etc and was starting to worry. I had acupuncture as I am a trained acupuncturist and really felt this helped to regulate my cycle.

As for symptoms I genuinely couldn't tell the difference between pmt and pregnancy.

Would defo recommend charting a few months and taking opks. Make sure you really know your cycle so that timing every month is spot on.

Good luck ladies :) and don't forget to send your OH for sperm tests. It's not always us!

Tks Jazzbird! Congrats to you :pink: So exciting!! Tks for the tips, think I am going to start using opk next month if no bfp on the 28th. Wishing you a happy & healthy rest of your pregnancy! :flower:

I was 36 when we started trying and got lucky on the third cycle (after 3 initial cycles off birth control). No symptoms I could identify (I'm a bit of a hypochondriac to start with) until 6 weeks (then the nausea and breast tenderness started). I did get a yeast infection the day after my BFP on day 14 post-ovulation.

We used proseed and DTD every other day starting a week after AF until ovulation. But my cycles were very regular (aside from one with a short lutenizing phase).

I'm 36, and started ttc at 33. I got pregnant after 7 cycles. Unfortunately, I lost that baby at 8 weeks. It took 21 more cycles to conceive this baby.

I conceived on my first cycle of trying in my 20's, twice, so age did make things tougher for me.

Best wishes for all and don't give up!! :)

It took over 2 years for us to conceive the second time. I finally got pregnant right around my 37th b-day. I have PCOS and irregular cycles though. If you don't have any issues, it very likely won't take you anywhere near that long!

I had my first at 31, it took 5 months, my second (at 33) wasn't really planned, but the timing worked. I know the night, hahaha. I am 38 now, it's taken me 5 months again. I never had a mc and my cycles have always been regular. I really didn't think I was pregnant this time because I had absolutely no symptoms, unlike my other pregnancies. So my advice, don't count yourself out until af comes! So far my main symptom is being tired with slight nausea. I figure I am very lucky! Good luck, keep trying and try to enjoy the process. I know at the beginning of this year I put too much stress on myself to get pregnant quickly as possible...

Congrats ladies and thanks for your inspiration! :flower: I am feeling quite hopeful tonight after reading your posts! I am on cycle 5 and would be so thrilled :cloud9: if this was the one., but your right Catmat got to enjoy the process and in general enjoy life where we're at right now. Wishing all of you ladies a happy and healthy pregnancy and delivery. :yellow:

I didn't really take anything extra, just lots of folic acid!! I was quite shocked to fall pregnant so quickly the second time round, we were on holiday when I found out and I just thought I'd eaten some dodgy seafood!

Hiya I was trying from jan last year, had a chemical in feb then a mmc in I had a break for a while then started again this jan got bfp in may, I'm taking high dose folic acid and progesterone also took vit b complex from jan and a good prenatal I also started meditating lol:thumbup:

We decided back in December to come off the pill and try for a baby at 36.5 years old for me and 42 for my partner. After a suspected mc on the first cycle we encountered a few problems which were being checked out medically. I found 1 week ago that we were pregnant on the 5th cycle. Quite a surprise to be honest as we thought there was something medically wrong. I'm due around the 15/16th of February 2015. Hopefully I will get an early scan as my first pregnancy was twins 16 years ago!

Don't loose heart and don't overthink, para if or put too much pressure on yourself that it'll never happen. Stay positive, with positive thoughts and have fun 😊

I had my first at 33 and that took 7 months in all but we weren't really trying very hard and I have longish cycles (33-37 days). When I fell pregnant I had just started using the CBFM and found out that I didn't ovulate until CD22 so until then I think we'd been stopping too early! :dohh:

Started NTNP in September last year and fell pregnant in January (now aged 35) which ended in a MMC at 11 wks (measured 6wks). Waited for AF and have just had a BFP first cycle so fingers crossed!

We BD every other day starting at CD10 and use Conceive Plus, not sure if it helps or not but it can't hurt!

Congrats nickyb Power2thebabe & Minibump! You all must be so excited :happydance: Your totally right Power2thebabe - I am going to stay as positive as I can. It is in God's hand and when its meant to be it will be, might as well enjoy life in the meantime. :flower: Thank you ladies for posting your experiences and suggestions! Wishing you all a happy, healthy pregnancy and delivery :hugs:

It took me 2 cycles at age 36. I used acupuncture quite frequently, but no other fertility stuff. Also, donor dad had confirmed good swimmers and a brand new baby. Would have done fertility testing for me if it hadn't worked after 6 cycles.

Good luck!

BFP with #1 after 8 cycles. Turning 35 in two weeks. Had only used calendar method and bd every other day during that week for the 1st 6 mos- nothing. So we switched to ntnp and were + within 2 mos. Clearly my timing was off when we were ttc! I ended up conceiving 3 days before AF was due. Unusual- but stranger things have happened!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->