Calling all ladies with BFPs over 35

I was 40 when we conceived a little boy and he was born on tuesday 3rd april weighing in at 7lb 7ozs. I will be 41 in may .

Congratulations, Avonleigh!!!

Hi ladies, congrats! I’m 37 and we got our bfp after 2 rounds of ivf and one fet. Praying that our little bean sticks!

Hi ladies, wanted to join this thread..i'm 36 and just got my bfp on father's day...getting my second beta tmrw morning, really praying for high numbers as my first beta hcg level was only 20.8 and i feel like that's kinda low but i know it's still super early too...sticky vibes to all

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi ladies. Just wanted to pop by. February this year i was tired of feeling overweight and down. So i kicked my bum into gear and started training in gym. 5 days a week and went clean eating. In addition i started taking omega 3 & 6 and Vit D daily. I lost 20kgs and now got my BFP without ever thinking it would happen EVER! Gave up on it years ago. Im wondering besides the weight loss, did the Omegas and Vit D have something to do with kicking my body into gear too. Oh and PS. I think age is just a number. I cant even relate to saying im 37. ��

Possibly...but at least you’re starting out from a better place! I lost about 10 lbs before I got pregnant in Feb, and then lost another few pounds in the first tri. In 2nd tri my weight is creeping up about 1 lb a week, but I figure I’m better off than if I hadn’t lost some weight earlier this year!

So true! At least my body is happy to start. Well done on your weight loss too! Ill confirm with ob on Friday if i can get back into gym, then i at least feel as if im doing something constructive about keeping weight controlled. Heres to happy healthy bubs!

I was also told that I could not get pregnant without IVF after a couple unsuccessful chlomid cycles in my early 30's.

I accepted it, but when I was 36, I got my first BFP, and realized I didn't accept it after all! I had also lost a lot of weight over time, so weight can definitely affect fertility. I've continued to lose 5+ pounds per year so I may actually reach my goal weight in a year or two if baby doesn't throw me for a big fat loop. ;) I've found that all I have to do is eat slowly and my portion size is way reduced from my fat days - I eat whatever I want so I don't feel deprived.

Unfortunately, I've had several early mis as you have to have 2-3 before most doctors will run any tests on you. All of my conceptions have been natural. I'm praying I've finally got a good one this time, I've never made it this far before baby stopped growing.

My extra challenges besides age are: PCOS, Graves' (thyroid) Disease, and a mild Factor V clotting disorder which means I do belly shots of lovenox daily and baby aspirin while pregnant.
They also give me progesterone suppositories because of my history.

I'm a lucky, lucky gal! :wacko:

I was also told that I could not get pregnant without IVF after a couple unsuccessful chlomid cycles.

I accepted it, but when I was 36, I got my first BFP, and realized I didn't accept it after all! I had also lost a lot of weight over time, so weight can definitely affect fertility.

Unfortunately, I've had several early mis as you have to have 2-3 before most doctors will run any tests on you. All of my conceptions have been natural. I'm praying I've finally got a good one this time, I've never made it this far before baby stopped growing.

My extra challenges besides age are: PCOS, Graves' (thyroid) Disease, and a mild Factor V clotting disorder which means I do belly shots of lovenox daily and baby aspirin while pregnant. I'm a lucky, lucky gal! :wacko:

First let me say WOW!! U got me teary here! Sounds to me you have the right recipe this time for your lil bean!! This is our time with our rainbow babies! Keep positive and know this is going to work out!

How far along are u MissMarpleFan?

9 weeks today. All of mine have stopped growing somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks so I'm praying like I've never done before.

I had 170 BPM heart rate at 8 week scan last Tuesday, and 9 week scan scheduled for Thursday. I'm so nervous! I think I have become a full blown nutcase.

I've got this list of reasons to be optimistic that I keep ruminating on like beads in a rosary:

1) no spotting (i did all the other times)
2) back to back good ultrasound appts (usually somebody looks uncomfortable or worried during the second scan)
3) morning sickness that required a prescription
4) very sore boobs (more than ever before)
5) boobs growing (which is otherwise unfortunate as I've got more than enough already, lol)
6) that strong heartbeat last week

Omg there i thought i was the only nutcase!! Im just as paranoid as you. All my pg's were also early losses. Something just feels different this time, doesnt it? Sore enlarged boobs, im there with you! Ouch to every touch! Was thinking this morning, gosh my body is just doing what it should now! Its time to have faith in our bodies. The fact u had a nice strong heartbeat is already amazing news! Theres a strong lil tucker growing!

Omg there i thought i was the only nutcase!! Im just as paranoid as you. All my pg's were also early losses. Something just feels different this time, doesnt it? Sore enlarged boobs, im there with you! Ouch to every touch! Was thinking this morning, gosh my body is just doing what it should now! Its time to have faith in our bodies. The fact u had a nice strong heartbeat is already amazing news! Theres a strong lil tucker growing!

Thanks so much, it's nice to have a fellow nutcase to talk to. :haha:

Once you see a heartbeat, your chances of keeping it are great! Congratulations!

As someone with a lot of early losses under her belt (9), and most of them in the 4-6 week range, I know the relief you're feeling at making it this far! It's a great sign, along with all those symptoms! I always try to remind myself that my misery means baby is doing well. :lol:

Once you see a heartbeat, your chances of keeping it are great! Congratulations!

As someone with a lot of early losses under her belt (9), and most of them in the 4-6 week range, I know the relief you're feeling at making it this far! It's a great sign, along with all those symptoms! I always try to remind myself that my misery means baby is doing well. :lol:

Thank you! I sure hope you're right. 1.5 days till next scan!

These threads are proof that misery does love company, aren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->