**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Hi! Thanks for the invite! Would love to join all the other N.I ladies! I'm due 6th April, going to Daisy Hill! Just had my daughter in April and couldn't wait to have another!

Hey glad your joining us :) might sounds stupid but where is daisy hill?
Have you got your 20wk scan date yet x

Daisy Hill is in Newry, I'm from Kilkeel so it's closest! I've got my 20week scan on 22nd November, only 3 weeks away, can't wait!

Daisy Hill is in Newry, I'm from Kilkeel so it's closest! I've got my 20week scan on 22nd November, only 3 weeks away, can't wait!

Hi Cheekyalana! We have our 20 week scans on the same day! :hugs:

oooooooh! will u find out the sex alana? and welcome! :hugs:

Aww Wyntir it's so lovely seeing them up close at that scan, so looking forward to it!

oooooooh! will u find out the sex alana? and welcome! :hugs:

Daisy hill don't disclose the sex but I wouldn't want to know anyway! I love the moment the midwife says 'it's a ....' best feeling in the world!

my DH and i are waaaaaaaay too impatient for that!!

I am going to the Ulster, and theres a big poster on the door of the scan room telling you not to ask!! Luckily we didn't want to know anyway. We didn't find out with the other 2 (I have a dd who is nearly 7 and a ds who is just turned 3). I kinda think they should tell people who want to know!

Fireworks are driving me mad, ds is still awake!

i think they shud tell ppl too! Thats not fair! In the royal they tell u, but also cover their backs by saying 'its not 100% accurate', but it is 95% spot on, which is good enough for me! I guess we like to be prepared! I think im having a boy, but only because my mum, her mum, her mum and her mum all went girl, boy, girl etc.

Fireworks not tol bad here, though next door are having a party and currently doing their rendition of 'don't stop me now' out the back. I have NO IDEA how poppy's still asleep!!

Ah ok thanks id never heard of that hospital before.

Im also at the Ulster this time round home from home was amazing.

cheekyalana: I also will be on time yellow and i no that feeling when your told the sex when lo is born! Such a fantastic felling!

When I had dd I asked literally the second she was born what sex she was.

With ds, I had been holding him a while when the mw asked me what sex he was, and I was like, oh I dunno lol, hadn't even occurred to me to check :dohh:

I also had him in the home from home and loved it!!! Either going there or trying for a homebirth this time.

I only picked Antrim hospital because the doctor asked me do you want to go to Antrim, or Royal and I knew I didn't want to go to Royal so I picked antrim.

Though I have since found out that Antrim has a pool, and I would so love to use the water to relax in, so i'm happy enough.

Last night our dog got to experience lots of fireworks for the first time, she was scared but not as bad as I expected. I got hubby to play Battlefield, which helped drown out the noise, after awhile she went to sleep.

I have heard very good things about Antrim. The Royal and the Ulster tend to get mixed reports. My sil has used both and preferred the Royal, though she hated how there were always crowds of visitors trailing in and out, she said its like an airport! The Ulster are very strict about visiting times.

I am sticking with the Ulster for handiness and for the fab home from home, I considered Downpatrick as its so quiet (3 babies a month born there!) but my mw advised against it as its so far to transfer to a hospital if needed (its a mw led unit), so I guess thats why its so under-used. She advised me to either have a homebirth as I am so close to the Ulster, or to use the home from home. Still undecided on the homebirth!

I have my scan tomoz, super excited!!!!

I wonted a water birth with my daughter, 1st time i went up to the hospital i was only 1cm and sent home 2nd time i went up i was 8cm and by the time they started filling the birthing pool id started pushing on the bed, but im glad i never had a water birth with her as i got to watch giving birth such an amazing thing!
Dont no if i wont a water birth this time round, but i deffo wont to go to home from home again and a bonus is someone can stay over night which i think is fab!

xx

I think its silly the way they ask you at the very start which hospital you want to go too, if its your first baby, how are you gonna know what to pick?

see its funny about the way you hear different stories isnt it?! I've heard ONLY bad things about antrim, my parents are extremely anti-antrim, as they work 5 mins down the road and know a lot of ppl from the area and hear lots of horror stories. id never heard anything bad about the royal so i picked that, and i had a brilliant birth! mws were utterly amazing.

antrim are SO strict about visiting times too, we went to visit a friend of mine there and arrived 5 mins early, they would not let us in!

I quite liked the strict visitors rule in the Ulster, except when they made my mum leave after dd was born! Home from homes great, we could have visitors when we wanted, mind you I was sent home same day ds was born!

Yeh, you hear good and bad about all hospitals, don't you - just depends on the experience of the person you speak to.

Enjoy your scan youngmum :)

Craigavon weren't gonna let my mum down to see us AT visiting time because I was "sleeping". Er yeah, I pretended to sleep so they'd stop poking at me. :haha:

I quite liked the strict visitors rule in the Ulster, except when they made my mum leave after dd was born! Home from homes great, we could have visitors when we wanted, mind you I was sent home same day ds was born!

Yeh, you hear good and bad about all hospitals, don't you - just depends on the experience of the person you speak to.

Enjoy your scan youngmum :)

did u want to stay longer? god i couldnt WAIT to get home! I discharged myself like 20 hours after having pops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->