**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

I had my anti-d injection yday. I asked about the sweep because I have saw so much on the 3rd tri about people being made to wait til 41 weeks for a sweep. The mw said they do it on your due date, and if it doesn't work, they advise you to contact community mw for a follow up sweep. So thats good news. I don't want to be induced! Although, interestingly she said that the rules have changed on the use of the home from home, and in some cases they let you use it even if you have been induced.... which really surprised me.

I asked about hiring a tens, as mine is broken. She sent me round to physio dept to fill out a form. You get it a few weeks before due date, and they provide workshops on using it. Theres no charge for the hire.

I have also left a message enquiring about the bf workshop, as I had so much trouble with it in the past.

So its all good :)

that's all brilliant! though if you don't want to get induced, you don't have to! I am 100% not getting it this time unless it's necessary like with Pops. I'll go in to hospital and let them monitor me for a while every day after 42 weeks if they want, but i am NOT going on that bloody drip again!! :nope:

sharon, happy lime week!! :happydance:

I had my anti-d injection yday. I asked about the sweep because I have saw so much on the 3rd tri about people being made to wait til 41 weeks for a sweep. The mw said they do it on your due date, and if it doesn't work, they advise you to contact community mw for a follow up sweep. So thats good news. I don't want to be induced! Although, interestingly she said that the rules have changed on the use of the home from home, and in some cases they let you use it even if you have been induced.... which really surprised me.

I asked about hiring a tens, as mine is broken. She sent me round to physio dept to fill out a form. You get it a few weeks before due date, and they provide workshops on using it. Theres no charge for the hire.

I have also left a message enquiring about the bf workshop, as I had so much trouble with it in the past.

Everyone tryed to scare me last time when i went for my anti-d, but it was ok the bloody muppets :dohh:
I hated getting a sweep, i found it hurt :cry: and didnt help when OH said her whole hand went in right up to her elbow :wacko:

:hugs:

We got our wee puppy last night she wasnt to bad went to loo and had a peek out, our big hairy fella was lay on his side ith his feet up in the air and the pup was lay inbetween his to front legs on his chest :cloud9:

Hee hee!

OH was out for a pint last night and our cat got up on the sofa beside me and went to sleep on his back- they are just too cute!

Our wee Trout (OH picked her name :dohh:)

Attachments

• Photo-0501.jpg
    Photo-0501.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo-0503.jpg
    Photo-0503.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1
Bruno! Cause he is huge for a cat and built like Frank Bruno

Attachments

• Resize_P120610_16.19.jpg
    Resize_P120610_16.19.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1
Ooo love his big eyes cute!

Sharon did you get your angel doppler yet?
x

Yes, it is good fun chasing the bean but can be frustrating when it hides, but I just keep reminding myself that it is still tiny and enjoying moving and squirming and as time proceeds it will be easier!

Only thing is it really annoys me when i spend ages listening and no joy and then OH tries for 2 seconds and finds it!

Everyone tryed to scare me last time when i went for my anti-d, but it was ok the bloody muppets :dohh:
I hated getting a sweep, i found it hurt :cry: and didnt help when OH said her whole hand went in right up to her elbow :wacko:

We got our wee puppy last night she wasnt to bad went to loo and had a peek out, our big hairy fella was lay on his side ith his feet up in the air and the pup was lay inbetween his to front legs on his chest :cloud9:

you're definitely not alone! mine hurt like HELL!!! but... it worked... so im in two minds whether to have it this time round!

YoungNImum she is adorable!

I bought my first pair of maternity jeans today, a pair of skinny jeans from New Look. They are a tiny bit big at the min, but I figure another few weeks and they will be fine.

Also started my christmas shopping today, got one persons present sorted and another begun.

Yes, it is good fun chasing the bean but can be frustrating when it hides, but I just keep reminding myself that it is still tiny and enjoying moving and squirming and as time proceeds it will be easier!

Only thing is it really annoys me when i spend ages listening and no joy and then OH tries for 2 seconds and finds it!

SO its worth the money i had bought a summers one but when id payed etc they wrote saying they had refunded my money as it was out of stock, which im glad about as i stupidly went to read reveiws after id bought it instead of before and the summer one was ment to be crap, but a fe people have said the angel one is fantastic iv seen a brand new free postage £19.99 and think thats a bargin. as just wonting to ask what u thought of it x

you're definitely not alone! mine hurt like HELL!!! but... it worked... so im in two minds whether to have it this time round!

oh god it hurt i crawled up the bed :cry: but like you said it also worked for me so i think id go through the discomfort for a result :cry::haha:

I also found the sweep painful, but it worked thankfully. I would do anything to avoid induction, so thanks for the advice Nuke, thats good to know. With dd, I wasn't aware there was an option! I was so thankful ds came after the sweep, so I am hoping to avoid induction again. It was horendous being so restricted!!

Love the pet pics!!!

Anyone considering a home birth? I really need to make my mind up. DH isn't keen, but I know he will go along with what I want, but I want hime to be happy too. Just dunno!

I am planning a homebirth!! I'm so excited about it! The hospital and my GP were all on board for it, as long as I stay low risk (but if I was high risk I'd choose to be going into hospital anyway).

and yeah, they can't make you have an induction! Most will say that the placenta CAN become less efficient at the 42 week mark, but going in to be monitored for a while every day after that point will show if it is or not! I refusing it totally this time unless something happens like with pops (meconium in waters, had to go straight onto the jungle juice!)

Thanks Nuke. This is a bit silly, but in terms of the practacalities.... in hosp obviously a paed examines baby before you leave, who does this after a HB? I take it that the mw takes away all the bits, eg placenta? I know that must sound daft lol!

Are you thinking of hiring a pool?

tbh, im not too sure! Still need to look into all that! Im going to buy a pool, much cheaper than hiring, u can pick one up cheap on ebay and sell it on afterwards!

Great idea!

Yeh, I know its silly, but I like to know the details lol. I have the added complication of needing blood tests right after the birth to see if I need more anti-d, just don't want to end up running to all these appts after, as well as baby hearing test, seems easier just to do it all in the hosp lol.

I think id be abit scared to have a home birth to be honest, plus i really did enjoy my time in the home from home section last time which has really made me focus on wonting to go there again
x

I think home from home is a great in-between option! I just hated the fact Barry wasn't with us that first night. HATED IT. Yes, I went through labour but he had just become a parent too, and I felt he should have been with us. :(

Two days til flu jab and 15 days till big scan! Can't wait, I so so hope they tell us or can tell us what sex baby is. I'm so impatient lol

Feeling lazy today, don't really need to go out of the house until work this afternoon, so just gonna tidy up, do a weight workout, then have a bath. Can't be bothered going anywhere.

I think home from home is a great in-between option! I just hated the fact Barry wasn't with us that first night. HATED IT. Yes, I went through labour but he had just become a parent too, and I felt he should have been with us. :(

Main reason i wonted in home from home last time was for a water birth, and on the plus side 1 person is allowed to stay over thankfully, OH got up all night while we where in hospital to feed wee lady so i could rest even tho i was wide awake watching them both :cloud9::cloud9:

Two more days to scan!!

Yay bet your excited, enjoy it :hugs: Hope you dont have to wait as long as i did :coffee: an they said 2:30 was there quiet time :dohh:

Two days til flu jab and 15 days till big scan! Can't wait, I so so hope they tell us or can tell us what sex baby is. I'm so impatient lol

Feeling lazy today, don't really need to go out of the house until work this afternoon, so just gonna tidy up, do a weight workout, then have a bath. Can't be bothered going anywhere.

They normally do tell at 20wk scans unless baby has his/her legs crossed or is lay with there back to the scan :baby: hope they can tell you tho.

Iv got the sicky feeling back :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->