• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Can you not go so often then? I've only had it done once... it was so chilled though, but did nothing to bring about labour (which was what i was hoping for at the time!)

Switzerland was too hot and pretty darn stressful :( I was very glad to get home to be honest. I may go back in November with OH but that'll be easier to have help in the airports and during the stay (my parents just sort of let me get on with it). They have also suggested taking us on holiday to Majorca or something next summer with new baby, which I'm nervous and excited about.

Can you not go so often then? I've only had it done once... it was so chilled though, but did nothing to bring about labour (which was what i was hoping for at the time!)

Unfortunately you cannot go 2 days in a row and for more than 3 sessions a week. I could have gone Sunday or Monday but they are not open (monday cuz of the aug bank hol) and tues is the consultant so i'll probably have an induction date then so I might go after that.

It was lovely to be relaxed and she tried to reduce my fluid build up as well which was nice as my feet and hands felt like my own for a few hours.

Emydra - I can imagine my parents being a bit like that too, my mum let me drive to the airport at 36 (ish) weeks, an hour away from my house, after I had had early labour signs!

We may have to do spain next year with the LO. (OH parents live out there and while their plan is to move back here by the end of the year, I personally dont see it happening until much later next year)

I imagine Switzerland was much like Germany in the last week then, it wsa 37C here in Sunday - far too hot for me! I've gone on holiday wiht my parents and bro/SIL for the last three years, and it's been great to be honest - some friends have done that sort of family holiday and seem to get a whole week off from looking after kids, dinner out, days away etc, but I never went expecting that, just nice to spend time togethre, and then every wee biut of time off was an extra treat :)
Lanning, FX you won't need that appt on Tuesday...

I imagine Switzerland was much like Germany in the last week then, it wsa 37C here in Sunday - far too hot for me!

Lanning, FX you won't need that appt on Tuesday...

Eek... how did you cope with that heat, it was bad enough here when it was 30!

DH finally got round to packing his hospital bag yesterday. He then declared "Ok baby can come now, I'm ready"... If only it worked like that. I have to say with each day I go overdue I cant imagine going into labour anytime soon! It just doesnt feel like its going to happen.

Off out to see some friends today which will be nice but a bit scary I am finding it really difficult to talk in public as with the bells palsy my mouth is like a washing machine so i get really paranoid and tongue tied.

Yeah Lucy, I popped into Germany and France over the border, so briefly 'visited' you!

The lowest temp was about 35 yeah, it hit 40 for two of the days I was there and I didn't know how I'd survive. Silas couldn't sleep in the heat and got all covered in sweat rash, he was getting up at 6am everyday (like 5am here?!) and then it was just about cool enough to sit outside, much cooler than in the house! Best time of day, that and 9pm at night.
Best place was the car tbh, air con...holy air con!

Lanning - it IS going to happen, and it will NOT be long. Just sucks that all this has happened, the last stretch is by far the hardest. I'm enjoying the 'nice' stage, feeling all the squiggly movements and having a tiny bump whilst everything else is largely unaffected!

Lanning - it IS going to happen, and it will NOT be long. Just sucks that all this has happened, the last stretch is by far the hardest. I'm enjoying the 'nice' stage, feeling all the squiggly movements and having a tiny bump whilst everything else is largely unaffected!

I had a good hour cuddling with my friends baby today (she has twins so could spare one for a while, hehe) and it made me want my little one here.

Its funny, i am miserable but I have decided if I dont go before I see the consultant on Tues I am going to push for as far away induction date as possible. Try and get them to give me another week.

I think that's a very selfless thing to do, going into labour naturally is so much less stress on your body and better for you both. I so so so hope I get the chance to go in natrually this time.

dizzy & hwm, emy, how are you your bumps?

Im being sent a sling to test, my first time an im very excited, im hoping she will send me a video on how to put it on as im a complete novice, if anyones interested in checking out what slings shes got for sale she has a fb page i can post the link x

Oh god Emma, even hotter then! The girls room was 32C, but they still slept thankfully - B was covered in sweat rash, that then got infected, so she's on antibiotics now!
Lanning, hope you're keeping OK - good for you for pushing back induction date - if I could have my time again I'd have done that first time round too - so much better going in to labour on my own!
Courtney, sling sounds good, what is it? You might be able to find a video on youtube? I've been sorting the babies room today, and have a modest sling drawers now (mei tai, tricotti and babasling - won't be using the babasling I don't think)
Bump is well, just baby is wrong way up again - grr - at home waiting for MW now to have a chat about my options before I go to hospital to discuss in more detail on Thur... 39 weeks today! I'm now "due next week"!

Lanning, hope you're keeping OK - good for you for pushing back induction date - if I could have my time again I'd have done that first time round too - so much better going in to labour on my own!
Courtney, sling sounds good, what is it? You might be able to find a video on youtube? I've been sorting the babies room today, and have a modest sling drawers now (mei tai, tricotti and babasling - won't be using the babasling I don't think)
Bump is well, just baby is wrong way up again - grr - at home waiting for MW now to have a chat about my options before I go to hospital to discuss in more detail on Thur... 39 weeks today! I'm now "due next week"!

Face is getting worse :cry: but i am just getting on with it.

2nd go at reflexology again today, the lovely lady came into work on her day off to "do" me.

M-I-L has appeared and is now perched around the corner patiently waiting for baby to arrive. She told me tonight that he needs to come soon.... well duh!!!

Courtney, can you send me the link please. Also let me know how you get on.

hwm - I hope baby rights him/herself, what options did the MW give you? Good luck for next week! x

I have the consultant tomorrow and baby is not allowed to come out until I have seen her (and my DH gets back from his meeting). I need to speak to her about trying to still have a water birth and also what the onwards plan for my face is once LO is out!

Oh god Emma, even hotter then! The girls room was 32C, but they still slept thankfully - B was covered in sweat rash, that then got infected, so she's on antibiotics now!

ahh due next week :happydance::happydance::happydance:
wil they turn baby orrr?

its a woven wrap but i found a video on youtube its not as hard as i thought it would be, or maybe the girl has made it look easy :shrug: we shall see x

Face is getting worse :cry: but i am just getting on with it.

2nd go at reflexology again today, the lovely lady came into work on her day off to "do" me.

M-I-L has appeared and is now perched around the corner patiently waiting for baby to arrive. She told me tonight that he needs to come soon.... well duh!!!

Courtney, can you send me the link please. Also let me know how you get on.

hwm - I hope baby rights him/herself, what options did the MW give you? Good luck for next week! x

I have the consultant tomorrow and baby is not allowed to come out until I have seen her (and my DH gets back from his meeting). I need to speak to her about trying to still have a water birth and also what the onwards plan for my face is once LO is out!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/babywrappedinlove

good luck for tomorrow, i hope you get your water birth. i wonted one with eva but i got to the hospital at 8cm an by the time i got to the room and on the bed i needed to push, the mw did ask as soon as i got in the room did i wont to get in the pool but it wasnt filled in time. altho i wouldnt change it evas birth was pain free and so relaxed :thumbup: x

I doubt I am going to get my water birth, in fact I would be very surprised if the let me go much after today. If my BP is down and I can reduce my bells palsy as bit (been looking at things online to exercise and reduce severity) they may give me a day or two more.

DH says that if he was a doctor he would have me in hospital but I know he is just worried. He keeps saying that LO needs a mum and I cant leave him to do this on his own. My DH is probably the most calm person in the world until it comes to my health, then he gets scared. I understand this I just want whats best for LO.

On the plus side I have had a few niggles during the night and just had my second bout of the bad tummies since midnight so maybe....just maybe my reflexology has helped and if I am showing signs at my appointment they may let nature run its course! (i just cant go into active labour until DH gets out of his meeting at 12 midday)

Thanks for the sling, let me know how you get on with it.

So what is Bell's Palsy exactly then? I've heard of it, but no realy idea - is it related to the pregnancy? I think it's quite lovely your DH is so concerned, but I can imagine you'd just like him to take a step back and be a bit more positive! Niggles in the night sound positive - really hope things kick off for you now x
Courtney, no one has mentioned an ECV here - dunno if it's not so much the done thing in Germany? I have stuff to try moxibustion, and pulsatilla and exercises to do... It's all mumbo jumbo as my DH says, but I figure if it's not harming me or the baby it's got to be worth a try!

Bells palsy is when part or all of your face is paralysed, a bit like the pictures you see when people have had a stroke. Its caused by inflammation of the 7th cranial nerve which can be brought on by fluid retention and swelling. It can also be tied to Pre-eclampsia but as I still have no protein in my urine and blood test came back clear I am hoping to have dodged that bullet.

I am lucky that i can almost still completely close my eye and that to look at me you wouldnt notice any drooping. It only becomes apparent if you watch me blink, talk or eat.

There are lots of levels of severity and I am hoping not to progress much more... I lost the use of my eye brow yesterday. It can disappear by itself or it may be that i have to wait until LO is born for the swelling to go down and then it will retreat. Worse case scenario it could take 6 months, physio and steroids to make it go away.

If LO had come on his due date I probably wouldnt have had the issue as it started that evening :wacko:

Flip me, I'd no idea! I really hope it's something that sorts itself out for you once you've given birth xx

aw lanning :( willi t correct itself once baby is here or dont you no? x

Woohoo! BP is down! cervix is favourable and I can have my water birth if my BP stays down!

I had another sweep! Got artificial tears for my dodgy eye. No concern over bells palsy.

They have also given me until tues 4th before they want to induce me! If my BP had been up I'd be in this week but I got my extra week and now all I need is for LO to get his ass is gear and get out!

I'm a happy Dee!!!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"