• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

That's great news! Hopefully with another 7 days you'll be safely back home having cuddles and sleepless nights instead of awaiting induction :)

Sweep time tomorrow! Let's hope it works and I avoid induction. Anyone that has had a sweep before, does it really hurt, or does it need to hurt for it to work? I had a few with DD and the first didn't hurt but i think they didn't during labourn to try and progress things and it was pure agony eek!!!

I just had my second sweep and it was uncomfortable but i couldnt say it was painful!

The one with Eva at 1cm hurt me but the one with Rosalie I never felt a thing but she gave me that at 5cm, suppose everyone is dIfferent, and I think the one with Eva hurt more just because I didnt realise what she actually needed to do lol x

I had my sweep so will see what happens. Booked in for wed next week bed permitting. They will give me one pessary that night, send OH home :-( then check me early in morn hoping I have dilAted enough to break the waters, if not it will be a mild drip I think and if still nothing or I am slow to progress it will be off for a section but baby should be here by thurs!!! I am bricking it! It seems more scary this time than last, even the thought of looking after a baby again. Let's hope I go myself before next week so I avoid the induction. Oh and baby is about 7 1/2 lbs at mo so a lot smaller than DD. I can't wait to get rid of all this testing for GD too and be able to sit after a meal rather than exercise!

Good Luck Izzy

Think they might do it slightly differently here. I have been told to phone in on Tuesday morning (7:30am) to check they have a bed for me then they will give me the pessary and will break my waters on wednesday morning (24 hours later)

OH has a meeting again on Tuesday morning so I am hoping LO comes before then. Although I did just have my very first "is this is?" moment at 2:30 this morning. Woke up to a rigid bump and hip/groin/period pains and a sick feeling. 2 hours later though and it has now gone. Probably a good thing as OH was up til 1:30 working and I want him nice and rested when I go into labour so I dont have to be!

Any niggles after your sweep izzy? Hope you don't need the induction next week... will they swepp you again before then?
Lanning that sounds a bit more like my inductions, 3 pessaries throughout the first day and they were finally able to break my waters the next day...although sounds like your body might be gearing up!
I had my hospital appointment today, and I'm pleased to say that my wee rascal is head down again! just have to try and keep it that way now...

Not really hwm, not a thing last night and the today it felt like baby was trying to break out she was pushing down on my cervix so hard it hurt, I nearly had to cross my legs. Gonna jump on OH tonight if I can muscle up some energy, dont want to waste the little time I have left to possible start things myself rather than being induced, would rather just have an early night to go to sleep but needs must lol, I will try anything.

That's great head is down, are they just letting u go naturally or have you got a date they will take u in by?

Lanning that sounds a bit more like my inductions, 3 pessaries throughout the first day and they were finally able to break my waters the next day...although sounds like your body might be gearing up!
I had my hospital appointment today, and I'm pleased to say that my wee rascal is head down again! just have to try and keep it that way now...

I hope so, not sure how much longer i can really deal with all the issues.

Just hoping baby gets his head properly engaged asap as I have been told that if he doesnt an induction might not work! So here I am bouncing up and down on my ball for all I'm worth trying to shift him down!

Full moon tomorrow night Izzy, it could be the little push we need!

Woohoo, really? I might try bouncing on my ball, on hubby. Walking up the stairs sideways, anything I can think of lol!!

Think my birth ball is going to have to come out. Back pain very bad atm :(

Excellent news Lucy! May S/he stay that way!

Woohoo, really? I might try bouncing on my ball, on hubby. Walking up the stairs sideways, anything I can think of lol!!

My m/w suggested blowing up balloons and walking along a kerb with one foot on and one foot off. Good luck!

I might try the kerb thing, will feel like a kid again lol, people will be thinking I am a weirdo!!

Just find a quiet back street where there are limited viewers! I live on a main road so i'll need to go round the corner anyway!

Izzy, hoping that I can wait it out and let baby come in it's own time.... pressure will be on from one week overdue though, as that's the guideline in Germany...
Straveging, is that what it's called walking with one foot in the gutter?
Sorry about your back pain Emma, can you get some physio?
I really hope baby stays the right way round now, I had immense roiling belly movements last night, and quieter again today, which is exactly what happened when it went back to breech before, so I'm not holding my breathe.

Gone from 4/5 on tues to 2/5 this morning! Woohoo! Had a 3rd sweep today

BP back up a fraction but not enough to concern them. I reckons its having M-I-L around so much!

Come on baby lanning lets make daddy's birthday really special this year!

Is it his birthday today? That would be pretty cool! Sounds good getting further engaged :) come on baby! Mummy's been waiting for ages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->