**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

my kitty used to knead and suckle at my boobs all the time!

I'm just going to add here that i was actually wearing clothes when this happened, she liked doing it to my furry dressing gown the most.

...i don't breastfeed felines.

On The Human Planet last year there were two episodes which involved cross-species feeding. Women in the jungle that were killing monkeys to eat then breastfeeding their orphaned babies o_O

And somewhere that looked like India where women were breastfeeding abandoned deer-type things, like gazels. And it was huge! And it was guzzeling and just...why?!

that's just.... well, weird to me because I'm from the western world but I'm sure our ancestors did it too!

GORGEOUS bag debs!! hope ur feeling better hun :hugs: missed u today!

Silas' birthday party was funnnnnnnnnn!!!!! I was on a bouncy castle :smug:

again, thankyou so much for inviting us emma!

Gutted I missed it. :( My bloody luck to take a turn the one day I have something nice planned! Hope someone was taking plenty of pics?
I've been told to rest 'til I feel better... even if that is until I give birth. Meh!

Got M to get all the "newborn" and "labour/hospital" things out of the attic so have a load of lovely baby whites on at the mo. Er, yeah, that's my version of resting.... :blush:

On that note... what the hell do I need to pack?!

Thanks for telling me though Debs, I had two other people not turn up who actually have my number! One I realised at the party but when I got home my brain went 'Hang on a sec - where was suchandsuch!". And they are both IRL friends who live in Lisburn and who I see regularly!

So at least I knew you weren't coming :p, its a long way for you anyway and training with Abbie whilst pregnant wouldn't have been fun.

Thanks for coming Linds :D I feel kinda stunned/shellshocked by the whole thing!

i want pics!! my stupid camera was dead and i didnt realise until i was packing poppy's stuff up to leave :(

debs, things i had in my hospital bag that i actually NEEDED...

breastpads
maternity pads
5 pack of cheap black knickers (HATE those disposable *******s)
spare jammies X 2
phone charger!!!
clothes for baby both in hospital and "going home", hat, mitts etc
blanket for baby
nappies
slippers
spare socks
going home clothes for you
hand sanitiser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want pics!! my stupid camera was dead and i didnt realise until i was packing poppy's stuff up to leave :(

breastpads
maternity pads
spare jammies X 2
phone charger!!!
blanket for baby
nappies
slippers
spare socks

I took no pics at all :dohh:! Tried to get one of Poppy and Ellen on the seesaw and then just didn't seem to get a chance. Sam got some and probably the majority, and Silas' grandparents.

To add to that list (it's a good list) I'll give you my fav thing ever. Quiled toilet paper. Oh it was heaven when I got home and realised I'd bought it by accident....compared to that horrible economy scratchy stuff on my delicate bits :(. I will be bringing a roll with me next time.
They supplied nappies at Lagan Valley and blankets. I bought so much daft stuff, like 10 bibs, that was a classic. wtf :dohh:...I didn't have a clue.
I had cheap black pants too, was the way to go.

edit: Your emphasis on hand santiser intrigues me. Was it not all over the ward?

Congrats duke, well done for a natural birth. My friend had to get section Wednesday evening so when I was at my scan I nipped up to see them 2wks early he was 9lb 11oz monster baby!

I hope she gets home to use soon, what did use name her? X

I'm still team yellow! My scan went well now due 20th may back next month for another scan. I'll post scan pics ina bit x

Emy I hope silas had a great day birthday wishs from me an Eva xxx

Linds you have pretty much mirrored my list. Thank you!

Craigavon supplied the blankets too, and gave me nappies as soon as I got to the ward coz it was the middle of the night and they said it would save me searching for them. :haha:

I have my big black knickers from last time. Those came out of the attic today too. :rofl: I had such trouble finding a pack of JUST black, I shall never forget it. My black primark pjs and labour nightie too. Good grief it's getting scary now.

When B was born I had no clothes to fit her - I brought in newborn which did C for a week or two (she was 9lb3) but then B was 11lb0.5 and we had to leave her legs out of the baby gros cos they wouldn't do up! Needless to say, bigger clothes was the first thing anyone brought when they visited!
Snacks! Pack food :) although home from home was great with their wee open kitchen to help yourself to toast and biscuits :)

Post-birth tea and toast is the best meal on earth. Ever! :haha:

*Crosses legs at the thought of an 11lb baby being evicted* :shock: :argh:

breastpads
maternity pads
spare jammies X 2
phone charger!!!
blanket for baby
nappies
slippers
spare socks

I took no pics at all :dohh:! Tried to get one of Poppy and Ellen on the seesaw and then just didn't seem to get a chance. Sam got some and probably the majority, and Silas' grandparents.

To add to that list (it's a good list) I'll give you my fav thing ever. Quiled toilet paper. Oh it was heaven when I got home and realised I'd bought it by accident....compared to that horrible economy scratchy stuff on my delicate bits :(. I will be bringing a roll with me next time.
They supplied nappies at Lagan Valley and blankets. I bought so much daft stuff, like 10 bibs, that was a classic. wtf :dohh:...I didn't have a clue.
I had cheap black pants too, was the way to go.

edit: Your emphasis on hand santiser intrigues me. Was it not all over the ward?

yes, but i was in an incredible amount of pain and I'm not normally a germaphobe, but I am incredibly paranoid about hospitals and MRSA etc... I was using it every 5 mins!

I remember getting post-birth toast and juice but couldn't eat the toast!

Eva was the opposite, newborn wouldn't fit, tiny baby wouldn't fit I just had to put socks over the dangly left over leg bits and rolled the sleeves up a few times. X

I took 2 bites of toast and left the rest. Made up for it at breakfast tho. The home from home kitchen was great x

Oh I nommed my way through a couple of slices and 2 cups of tea :haha: Think it may have been the fact nothing more than water and ice cubes had crossed my lips for about 15 hours though.

Mw went crazy cause I hadnt eating in 16hours when I was pushing she kept getting me to drink orange juice with 2-3tablespoons of sugar added. Id ov drank anything G&A made my mouth really dry. I think I was more tired than anything thing once I'd had bath all I wonted was cuddles and sleep, but I got visitors lol x

jealous! i hadn't eaten in nearly 24 hours and they wouldn't even let me have my flavoured volvic i brought with me, made me have plain water!

the hospital food at the royal is lovely tho, and a very extensive menu! not that i managed much, think i ate about half an egg salad sandwich :haha:

I had my (early) lunch at home but Craigavon's policy is no food during labour (in del suite) so because we arrived before teatime I had nothing til after A was born :dohh:

Eeek! 24hrs Linds?! That's crazy! I'm surprised you didn't eat plate and all at that rate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->