**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

yeah if i can get barry to do it, anyone can! its really only about an hour extra work a week! thats including putting washes on, hanging them up, and putting them back together!

And I find putting them back together isn't much of a chore anyway. It's a nice handy wee job that can be done in front of the tv. :lol:

Easiest option would be an all in one (Itti Bitti D'lish, Tots Bots Easyfit) but the downside to those is they take longer to dry.

yeah itti bitti d'lish are brilliant!! they were our fave nappy for poppy! they come in all-in-one in which the absorbent bit is sewn into the actual nappy, or snap-in-one in which the arsorbent bits snap in with poppers and snap out for washing (and quicker drying), we much preferred the snap-in-ones. the thing with cloth nappies is, what works for one baby won't work for another, it depends on how heavy a wetter they are, and their body shape! for example, tots bots easyfit didnt work for us when we started as poppy had SUPER chunky thighs but are now brilliant as she's started to slim down in the leggies. ive got a wee stash going for lola and I haven't got more than 2 of one type/brand!

Mentioned them to OH he seemed interested but also reminded me iv half a cupboard full of disposable nappies need using :s
I think I might buy 2-3 cloth tho I'm intrigued now
X

same with pops. shes got sensitive skin and i think because we didnt change to cloth til she was 1, her skin just wasnt used to it and couldn't take 14 hours without a change. her wee legs ended up burned, actually burned. :nope: hopefully using them from day 1 will make a difference this time!

So sorry for all the dumb questions, how long do you normal leave till changing it? I though it was just like disposables??? Change when damp/wet x

That is how it works, but at night time they go longer once they're sleeping through etc. :winkwink:

I've always been intrigued by coth nappies!
What are the benefits of using them rather than disposables??
where do you buy them?
:)

benefits over disposables:

over the course of birth to potty training, you are talking a SERIOUS saving. im talking hundreds and hundreds of pounds.

no nasty chemicals

they don't go to landfill

you can sell them on afterwards

waaaaaay cuter ;)

softer on baby's skin

breathable, think cotton pants versus plastic ones, there's also an ongoing debate about the effect sposies have on little boys' sperm count etc due to sposies keeping the testicles warmer than they really should be.

i bought all of poppy's apart from about 4 or 5, on the cloth nappy selling section on here or on clothnappytree.com, you save even more if you buy preloved. but check out cheeksandcherries.com too. theres loads of facebook selling pages also. there is ONE shop in NI that sells them- BabaMe. check em out! babame.com

mothercare do some prefolds etc but dont be expecting anything pretty!

fill your pants is awesome too, thanks debs!

i <3 THIS!!! look at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am soooooo getting a hood for our carseat, buggy and handlebar covers!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SewF...eat-HoodsBlankets-and-Taggies/181072841952283

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->