**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

Holywoodmum did you manage to change the appointment?

I'm going to try twist his arm, altho he is against a tandem, oh an iv already got along the lines, I wouldn't be able to afford of a friend on Facebook!

I liked the hauck roadster duo it's side by side so I think that's top of the list at the moment

Emy iv seen a triplet pram 3 car seats and sooo long, I'm pretty sure she had to take the corners very wide, it looked hideous and out of place
X

Yep, it's now in my half term week when DH is home :happydance:

Heartbreaking news about those two wee babies at the royal hospital :nope:

I'm abit all over the place tonight ,tommorow would of been my due date ,so grateful to have gotten so far in this pregnancy but cant help but feel sad about our lost baby

xXx

:hugs:

Just seen it on news :( they havnt detected the bug so sending pregnant women to other hospitals x

scary isn't it! does that change people's opinion on the Royal v Ulster debate?

Thanks good, I'm sure use can't wait to see baby :) I don't no anyone who's gave birth in royal so I can't say anything about the royal all my 5 sisters gave birth at ulster including me, my experience there was fantastic plus it's closer for me, if I had to pick another I'd prob choose Downpatrick again because it's close, and if I was classed as low risk as they only accept low risk pregnancys x

yeah i had pops there and can't complain at all, mws especially were great! it does seem to me, that although tragic, it's "one of those things", yano? could have happened anywhere, and those wee babies probably had next to no immune system anyway.

I agree Lindsay that it's one of those things, it could have been any hospital, just such a sad things that those poor wee babies have died. :( x

Well, got talking to Silas' Great Aunt who's on the board or something at the Royal? Two of the wee babies were 24 weeks gestation and one was bigger and had actually been transfered to Craigavon before he/she died. 3 other babies have the infection but one isn't at risk, they are doing a deep clean of the entire unit. There was one other little one who had died seemingly from the same thing but they've now ruled it out.
So that's the full un-released story. There was a bit more but her 8-year-old son got a bit upset and asked her not to talk about it.

Hope Craigavon have the sense to do a clean too after transferring the poor infected baba. (That sounds terribly selfish and harsh but I don't mean it like that)

Hope Craigavon have the sense to do a clean too after transferring the poor infected baba. (That sounds terribly selfish and harsh but I don't mean it like that)

Anyone going there would say the exact same thing. I'm sure they have - but the fact it wasn't released in the press means people going there are unaware, but I suppose they didn't want all the hospitals shutting maternity units. Don't mean to scare you Debbie, I'm not even 100% sure she said Craigavon, it was that or Antrim. It was one I've heard of anyway and those are the only two I am familar with.

Not scaring me, don't worry. I know the deal with cleanliness in these hospitals. Heck between M and me we had to wipe up the floor on the postnatal ward where I dripped blood (tmi- soz!) when they got me up to go to the loo for the first time, coz noone else was gonna do it.

I'm 80% sure it was Craigavon. I could technically text and ask...but I'm probably not meant to tell anyone...or put it on a public forum :dohh:

:haha: i dont mind actually, antrim seems to be very clean! (she kept telling herself, hopefully) fingers crossed i wont be delivering there anyway!

I really wish those people who deal with the placenta worked in Ireland/Northern Ireland. I really don't want to mess about with a placenta and two children, that doesn't sound like fun...but really would like it encapsulated.

The lady at Silas' party Lee-Anne with the little girl Lucy in the frilly pink dress had a homebirth and said it was amazing :)

*moan alert* Spent all of yesterday evening in the hospital in agony ,have pelvic arthropathy,took me double the time to shuffle my way around tesco earlier now im starting to get really stressed as OH works away & there is so much needs done before baby is due, last pregnancy my pelvic bone tilted with it & I needed crutches & physio then was bed bound the last few wks ,I feel bad for my son who is four as im no fun at all as just walking is a painful task & I know its only going to get worse as the weeks go on :(

Xxx

awk no lauren. what needs done for the baby coming? surely he just needs a place to sleep? is there nobody who cud do ur shopping for u?

We need to move jack in to the big room so it needs cleared out ,old furniture taken down ,painted ,new furniture up etc ,then the same needs done to jacks old room for the baby.

At the minute I think I will just think about getting Jack moved because baby will be in with us in moses basket for a while .We want him moved asap before baby arrives because he was being funny about it & dont want him thinking he has been evicated LoL

My mum came with me yesterday & helped with trolley & Jack I think on bad weeks I ll get home delivery

xXx

Aw lauren ,no fun.was going to say get delivery!
What is placenta encapsulation?

I first heard of it on Lindsays Journal, then on tv a couple of weeks ago. The placenta is dried and ground down and put in pills. They are really meant to help with potential PND and hormone rebalance.
And much better sounding than eating it!

yeah it helps with a whole host of ailments, including milk supply, sleep deprivation, PND, bleeding... loads! and each placenta is tailor-made to the woman it came from so has exactly the nutrients she needs post-birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->