**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

I'm both interested and disgusted by the thought of placenta encapsulation.

Really hope Antrim isn't affected

I'm wondering about storing it...what do they give it to you in? And then do you stick it in the fridge/freezer? How long does it keep :rofl:
I think I will do y'know...that'll be one for the Grandkids!

Also - I've read it's beneficial not to cut the cord straight away, but to let the last of the oxygen-rich blood go into the baby. It can take a few minutes up to an hour. Until the cord is white. Anyone else know anything about this?

Isnt that called a lotus birth/delivery or something?
Or thats may be a bit more extreme where they leave it on for days until it naturally detachs.
I read about that on here in 3rd tri section once.

yeah a lotus birth is when they leave the placenta attached to the baby until it comes away naturally, it generally detatches a lot faster than if the cord was cut (usually in a couple of days).

leaving the cord to stop pulsing before cutting is very beneficial, and whatever happens I want that!!

Normal mammals bite through the cord a few minutes after birth so I don't see how it's natrual to just leave it till it detaches - it doesn't! It rots surely! (edit - read Lindsays post...more research needed!)
Lotus birth sounds familar, think that's it. I wonder if hospitals have policies on how quickly they cut the cord and why...(edit - yeah I'm clearly wrong from post above :lol:)

I feel so deprived of not knowing this stuff first time around!

the placenta doesn't rot, you can buy special fabric bags to keep it contained and it just dries out!

like this https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=l...=1t:429,r:11,s:79&tx=24&ty=52&biw=989&bih=604

for people who choose it, it's a very spiritual thing! its not for me but each to their own!

Yeah, just read that. It sounds sort of beautiful iykwim?

But think as long as the cord stops pulsing I'd be happy :)

Laura how are you feeling?

Emy someone from dec dreamers where saying about making there's into the pills.

23wks today, I can't wait to give birth it's such an amazing thing how our body works!
X

i cant wait either! only 2 days til my v-day as well!

Exciting nuke :) there page on facebook who makes cloth nappies thought of you, would you like the name of it?

How do I upload pic from iPhone I tried but won't let me I think I'm doin it wrong x

Search, Made By Amber. Could someone explain to me how cloth works, I mentioned it to OH but I didn't no what I was really talking about so couldn't get into a good conversation about cloth nappies :) x

Wow!!!

Tutu nappies!!!!

https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page&id=20&chapter=0 That's a good introduction to cloth nappies. Wish I'd known more before I started buying then I'd have spent less and got a lot second hand.
It's not difficult or a bother, sure I'm still living on my own until June and have had Silas in cloth since he came back from hospital. With the exception of holidays we're taken to see my relatives in England he's always had a fluffy bum!

When I visit my family in Switzerland, the cost of waste disposal is so high that I'm actully bringing them with me.

Thanks Emma, I think I'm gonna have to read it a few times for it all to sink in lol basically you buy inners which absorb the pee/poo and then buy the cloth for the inners to go in of course, and both parts to be washed when used????

thats one type! you can get ones that are all one piece or several pieces! its a bit daunting! if u do ever want to check em out, let me know, between emma debs and I, I reckon we have pretty much every type going! let u have a look at em! im gonna check out that page now court, cheers!!

If I can work with cloth (and get Mathew on board too') then it really is easy. :lol: alot to get your head around at first with all the different options, but overall it's pretty simple!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->