**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

aw wonderful! Such a long name. Congratulations!!!

Awl bless, can't wait to see pic hope they both keeping well. I'll up date front page asap x

How keen are they at doing internal ultrasounds in NI? I got my scan apt through and I will only be 9+3 as I had a 35 day cycle so they are assuming I will be 10+3. Thing is I carry my weight around my middle and having a previous c section doesn't help things either. I wonder how much they could see externally as I really don't fancy an internal scan. I am going to try to change it as it doesn't suit that day but even later that week might not make a difference to what they see.

I tHought they only did internal ultrasounds in amercia? Iv never heard of anyone having one here tbh, x

I had an internal ultrasound at the EPU when they suspected I had a miscarriage last year. Its not painful, just a slight discomfort at the beginning.

Izzy i have had a quite a few in the mater this pregnancy ,at the start when they did an early scan at 7 wks ,then when I was having pains to make sure there wasnt another sac stuck in the tube then on friday when I was leaking fluid so I think if they have cause they will do them xXx

I had an internal this time too... It wasn't painful at all just initial uncomfort. A smear test is def worse!

Not painful just unpleasant sometimes tho after an internal scan they will use the plastic thing the same as a smear if they need swabs or to check your cervix opening ,O the joys x

Any one else feeling drained today ,I think I have been smit with my sons germs ,tissues at the ready ,lucky no cooking tonight going to my parents for dinner then home for a cuppa watch call the midwife then bed ,DS has been out of nursery ill for over two weeks so i'm sure the early starts will be a shock to us both

xxx

Hopefully if I reschedule by a week they def won't have to. I have had them in my first preg due to bleeding but never for my reglare scheduled scans so hopefully I won't this time.

Izzy, I had my booking appt through last time at 7 weeks, as my GP wrote the wrong LMP day (grrr) and even phoned to check and they said yes come then and when I got there they refused to do anything... anyway, I dunno, yeah I'd push it back a week if I were you - what hospital? I've had to reschedule mine next month at the Ulster already... they were fine about it. Both my scans with DD1 and DD2 were done at 10 weeks and they were fine!

i had 3 internal scans when I mc'd last year, I didn't find it uncomfortable at all, perhaps I have a fanny like a wizard's sleeve...? I went for my first scan this time at 8+2 issy as I was unsure about dates, but they found the hb straight away with no problems! I did find it hilarious that they put a durex condom on over the internal scanner tho :haha:

Izzy, I had my booking appt through last time at 7 weeks, as my GP wrote the wrong LMP day (grrr) and even phoned to check and they said yes come then and when I got there they refused to do anything... anyway, I dunno, yeah I'd push it back a week if I were you - what hospital? I've had to reschedule mine next month at the Ulster already... they were fine about it. Both my scans with DD1 and DD2 were done at 10 weeks and they were fine!

Going to the ulster. Think I will put it back a week if they allow me but am busting to actually make sure there is something in there at the same time lol

I did find it hilarious that they put a durex condom on over the internal scanner tho :haha:

Me too. I know it's for hygiene etc but all I could think was "Wouldn't want me getting pregnant now would we?" :rofl:

:rofl:

when i had to go in for my scan/jab the other week, i called my mum in when i was about to get the scan as she hadn't seen one since my brother (23 years ago) and probably never will again, she was like :shock: at the clarity, she said when she saw us on the screen it was like just blurry shaded areas! but anyway, the internal scanner was sitting in it's wee place and a packet of durex beside it, she fully didnt believe me when i told her thats what they were for, had to get the mw to confirm it when she came in!

she also found it hilarious that they had durex, she thought they should have some Antrim Area Hospital branded ones :haha:

oh and 4 weeks to go debs!!!!!! :dance:

I honestly believe your scan clarity is only as gd as your sonographer. I was scanned at 10+3 due to wrong dating, long cycles, LMP the usual blah blah blah.
Alot of people asked me after the scan did I need internal as it was only 10wks but I didnt. Ive heard that about the condom - weird!!

Im in Causeway. The sonographer was fantastic & the clarity in the picture was amazing we could make out everything - eyes, nose, mouth tho bottom half was blurry.
Our 20wk scan wasnt great it was different women done it, but i believe if it had of been the same lady as the first scan the pic's would have been amazing.

My friend had her scans in the Royal & her pics were awful I cud hardly may them out at all. :nope:
Nuke your pics were good from Antrim. :thumbup:

I have another scan coming up now on the 10th Feb - cant wait!! :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"