**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

I think "they" say you should get new teats. I chucked used ones out as I got the next stage with Abbie so can't comment on how well they store.
Bought new bottles there to replace some of the scruffier used ones and so that's how I have the spare stage 1 teats (which are very hard to come by to buy without buying bottles).

*winge* I have all the Avent stuff and the teats on their own are so expensive.

I chucked all bottles and teats the day after Poppy turned 1 so I wouldn't have the temptation to give her a bottle! :haha: even cut the ends off the teats in case i got desperate and went bin-hoaking

I chucked all bottles and teats the day after Poppy turned 1 so I wouldn't have the temptation to give her a bottle! :haha: even cut the ends off the teats in case i got desperate and went bin-hoaking

LOL!!!

She lost interest at like 10 months though didn't she? I don't really know when you 'stop' giving babies/children milk. All the health visitors say 'follow-on milks a con blah blah' (mine did anyway) but my baby still gets milk, why can't a non-bf baby continue having their milk? Even just out of a cup?

My friend's daughter does still have her follow-on milk out of a cup because she's worried that her diet doesn't incorroprate all the minerals etc (she has a great diet but my friend worries a lot, thinks she isn't having enough fish etc). They are 2+ and 3+ milks now, it's a bit baffling.

u got new teats, they were very worn. avent 4 quid for two teats i think... Not too dear. B still has bottle

Had possibly my last midwife appointment today! Blood pressure fine, urine fine, baby's heartbeat fine. Measuring 38cms fundal height, only thing is baby is head down but still with back more to side, so they told me to lean over the back of settee or coffee table for about 15 mins to try and get him to move around to front a bit more. On the plus side she could only feel 2/5 of his head so he is well down in pelvis now :)

She had a student midwife with her today, who was wondering if she could be present during birth, I really enjoyed talking to her today so I said yes she could attend. She is also coming out to my house next wednesday to chat, and see how i'm doing.

I'm so happy I have lovely midwifes, have heard horrible stories from others about their midwifes.

yeah poppy decided she wasn't into milk at about 9/10 months :dohh: i still wouldn't have given her bottles after 12 months though, she was perfectly capable of holding and drinking from a sippy cup so didn't see the need!

wyntir that all sounds perfect! i dont get it when people wont let students present, i couldn't have given 2 shits who was in the room with me tbh, and they have to learn somehow!

Everyone kept telling me how lucky I was that Lagan Valley wasn't a teaching hospital so I'd have no student MWs...I don't get it either. All the one's I've ever heard of have been lovely.

Sounds like fantastic news there Wyntir :thumbup:. I hope it is your last one and you don't end up seeing them again in a couple of weeks.
The midwife I had for the first 4 hours was just what i needed, the 2nd half I wasn't too keen, bit negative and not veyr encouraging. Then refused to let me have jam on my toast as she was the ONLY person who'd read my notes apparently and saw I had unconfirmed GD ¬¬

I don't understand why people wouldn't want student midwives either. Like you said, they all have to learn. Plus this particular girl is so lovely i'd be happy to see her friendly face there.

it's just silly imo, i went in and had one mw who stayed til her shift ended about 3 hours later, so just after the drip started to work and i was contracting. Then another mw and a student came in. Id never met any of them before and cudnt have cared less! All were lovely, but caroline the student was just amazing. I really liked her!! She was about my age and i kept getting emotional with the whole situation (not tha pain) and having wee teary moments and she kept welling up as well :haha:

I have to admit, first time round I refused a student :blush: I wasn't coping well and was horrified at the thought of anyone else seeing me in that state. I felt terrible afterwards though and even asked them to apologise to her. :lol:
This time I didn't care and had a student there at admission (she was busy elsewhere while i was delivering) then another on her community placement afterwards.

Hello ladies, just having a bit of a catch up there as I got home from hospital last night after having to have premature labour stopped!

Didn't feel right whatsoever on Tuesday and it gradually got worse by evening time - was very sore, very crampy, feeling very spaced out and kept running to the loo (both ways!). OH and I sat down to watch a show, and when i couldn't concentrate on it I knew something was amiss. He went to bed for a bit - I hadn't said anything at this stage - and I sat around wondering.

By 10pm I was having what I thought were quite strong BH, and by 11pm they were coming with mild period pain. We got the girls up, dropped them off at his parents and went down to Craigavon. I felt really silly - fully expected to be sent home with nothing wrong - but nope. By the time I was called in to be seen, I knew I was having real contractions. The registrar came in and said I was in early labour, 1cm dilated, and they'd keep me in to try and stop it with medication and give the baby steroids for his lungs.

The contractions stopped while I was down on the delivery suite, so I was transferred up to the ward for observation and to have the full course of steroids - 4 injections in the arse 12 hours apart, lol. All the while I kept having more cramps, period-type pains, some irregular tightenings and a couple of times what felt like more real contractions, but they tailed off.

Eventually, after they checked me again yesterday, they agreed to let me go home for now as I was still only 1cm dilated and not having any regular contractions, plus they were insanely busy. Basically, I'm in very very sloooooow labour and I highly doubt this wee man is planning to wait until April for his arrival!

He's weighing in and around 5lbs, which is good - they're sticking to my original dates which make me 34 weeks tomorrow and 5lbs is decent for that gestation thank God. Been home from last night, wrecked with a chest infection and was up most of last night coughing and running to the loo both ways again. I've got lots of pressure, niggles etc so watch this space - could go on like this for a long time, or indeed he could end up arriving this weekend. We just don't know. Just hoping that if things start up again and fail to tail off, they have a neo natal bed down there!

what a week eshka! glad they were able to stop it (for now!) doesn't sound like this little one's going to hang on for much longer!

Eeek! Eventful few days for you Eshka!

Linds, do you not remember Atticus? He looked like he was coming early then stayed in for AAAAAGES! :lol:

yep!! He was still inside eve at my wedding four days before his dd!

Happy Mothers Day, to all you lovely mammys & mammys to be!!! Hope everyone has a lovely day & gets spoiled rotten!!! :flower:

Happy mummy's day everyone!!

Lol, it's been a bit mad girls, especially with the chicken pox, me having this stupid chest infection etc, but strangely I'm very calm! Checked with the doctor about my eldest having chicken pox and he said as I had it already, both baby and I are completely safe. Better that both my girls take it now before he decides to pop out, really.

I honestly do not know what this baby is doing, and I've given up trying to speculate. The chest infection hit me like a ton of bricks, though it's starting to wear off now thank God. All I've had since I got home Friday are a few random contractions an hour apart, lots of niggly period-type pain, extreme tiredness (keep falling asleep) and an astonishing appetite - I literally can't get filled, so I'm sort of hoping it's partly the steroids and that it'll help baby put on lots of lovely chub :)

No real signs other than that (unless you count constantly having to run to the loo for number twos!), I know myself he could easily surprise us all and stay in there til his due date. On the upside, I'm feeling much better today, have more energy so I'm going to get my hospital bag re-packed and get some other odds and ends sorted for my daughter's trip to Manchester in a few weeks. Once I have all that out of the way I can properly relax. I'd be really happy if the baby could just hang in there til the end of the month (36/37 weeks), at least then he'd have had the full benefit of the steroids and should have porked out some more. If he fancies staying in a bit longer then so be it!

Eshka, your really having a time of it recently. *hugs*

Mum gave me a card from bump and a present of massive bar of dairy milk and jelly babies. So sweet of her

Hope all the mummys are getting spoilt today!

Ach Wyntir, I'm 100% - takes a lot more than that to bring me down!

Oooh, chocolate and jelly babies. I feel terrible as I haven't had a chance to get my mum a thing yet, but I'll make up for it. Can't complain about myself though, OH has really looked after me since I got home, I feel like I should get him something too for being such an angel, lol.

Can't wait to have my wee girls home this evening for a bit of normality, gonna have to slather poor Nai in calamine lotion. In the meantime though I'm gonna go put on some laundry and get this hospital bag sorted out - so lovely to have some energy and I am not about to waste it!

No card or pressies or lie in for me. DH not home this weekend, snd the girls are too wee to to anything off their own bat :( feeling a bit sorry for mysrlf

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->