**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

aw that's brill maj, how long does OH have off?

Hey ladies!! Sorry ive not updated in a ridiculously long time!! I am still pregnant :p Turning 36 weeks this saturday and itching to get to the magic 37!! I have my pram and nursery ready so just waiting for little one now :)

Anyone anywhere in East Belfast or similar?

How are you all doing? xxxx

I thought I'd replied on this thread - where is my mind at?

Majella, congratulations!! You did amazingly well, sounds like things are settling beautifully for you :)

Welcome to mummylanning...and now I can't flipping remember what else I meant to say. I've turned into such a hair-brained idiot, honestly, lol.

Anyway, it's Friday! Very happy to see the weekend, as once I get next week out of the way my girls are going away with their dad for the whole of next weekend and I'll have me a lovely long rest. Looking forward to it so much as I have a couple of appointments for my daughter that I'm dreading - a 3 hour clinic in the Royal for her to have her eyes assessed (part of the condition) on Tuesday and then new equipment arriving to the house on Thursday (which means starting the loooong process of getting her familiar and comfortable with it all).

Still, the busier I am the faster the time will go - I'm 34 weeks in a few days so full term is now in my sights, woohoo! My best friend is bringing my birthday pressie today which includes a little bottle of Clary Sage oil for me start using at 37/38 weeks. Can't wait!

:hi:Hey emmaandbaby1, its all a waiting game now.

Well my cramps are becoming more and more frequent, I had them yesterday evening again, then overnight, and now since i got up. Braxton hicks were making my bump very hard yesterday evening while walking around tesco.

Can you feel dilation cos I have this kinda stabby pain now and then which the only thing I can think of happening is me starting to dilate.:shrug:

I get the feeling beetroot doesn't wanna stay in for too much longer.

welcome mummylanning and welcome back emma! I'm so jealous y'all get to start the eviction process, im sooo bored of waiting now, just want to give her a cuddle! Super excited for labour as well. Must start my just-in-case-i-end-up-in-hospital bag soon!

Anyone who's got a little one already who likes peppa, the peppa magazine out atm is all about hospital and mummy rabbit being pregnant! It's so cute, has a pullout hospital workbook with stickers and comes with a little first aid kit, poppy's been feeding us 'meh-sinn' constantly :haha:

Hi Emma!

Wyntir, this sounds exciting - I hope things are happening for you! I usually want to explode/combust by the time I reach 37 weeks, lol.

Nuke that's too cute about Poppy giving you medicine, hahaha. Aoife just doesn't like games like that, she's not having any of it when I try. Hand her some sort of musical instrument, though, and she's contented for hours.

Got home just now to let OH away to work and the place was upside down, so now I've to take into a ton of housework after being out doing messages all day. I'm sure people in town thought I was mental - I really, desperately needed to wee and was power-walking (power-waddling?) to the nearest loos muttering, ''Shit....shit.....shit...OH GOD shit'' to myself. Just about made it on time, phew!

Also got myself a few wee bargains for after baby. I love jeans/cords by Sponge, and there's a shop in my nearest town that actually gets them in every so often and reduces them down to like £5, so now I have three lovely new pairs to aim to fit into :D Used to have to go to Derry/Belfast to get them so it's awesome.

Hope everyone's having a good day - I'm off to tackle this bloody housework and then probably fall in a heap by teatime, pmsl.

Emy, thanks hun, I'd love a medal :) DH is home tonight until Sunday though :) Hope this is a bfp in the post for you!
Nuke, it'll be a long time coming me being an Aunt too I think! And I know, 14 weeks - nearer 15 now - woweee! Thanks for the heads up on the peppa magazine - might get that and save it for closer to the time...
Hi mummlanning :)
Majella, thanks for sharing your birth story, sounds like you're getting on really well!
Hi emmandbaby :wave: I'm in Holywood, so not too far afield :)
Wyntir, sounds like promising signs! Not sure about feeling dilation though, but I'd say it's all good and in the right direction!

Any one who is at the Ulster, did you have your 16 week appt at the hospital? I know it's normally with MW, but I have to go to consultant clinic to see endocrine guy about my thyroid, so I was wondering if I might get a sneaky wee scan seeing as I'm at the hospital anyway?! what do you reckon?! Might try a wee sob story about DH being away and not getting to share the pregnancy, and would love to send him a pic etc etc :winkwink:

Hi ladies :) thanks for the hellos :D hehe anyone know of any good mum and baby groups in the dundonald area? :/ not sure how to find them!! xxxxx

have u tried googling emma? Or even ask your hv when u get one, they usually know about them all!

Majella loved your birth story especially the bit where your waters broke and your OH just thought he'd split water outta the cleaner thing that made me lol!

Holywoodmum: I'd mine with MW at doctors it was a waste if time tbh because her words "she was running late" so my appointment lasted all of 10mins if her stirring a quick listen to heartbeat and her asking am I sure I'm not furthr on every 2srconds even tho I'd had my scan etc

Emma: Im from Saintfield but my sister lives in dundonald her an my other dos goes to a women's group which dose mum an toddler group I'm not 100% where it is but I'll ask her.

I'm 30wks tomarrow! How the he'll am I 30wk already it's flying by!

Hi ladies :) thanks for the hellos :D hehe anyone know of any good mum and baby groups in the dundonald area? :/ not sure how to find them!! xxxxx

Thanks youngnimum :-D would be nice to meet some other mummys :-D x x

Have you tried netmums? You have to register to get the listing, but most of the Holywood mums and tots are listed on there, so I'm sure the Dundonald ones would too. In Holywood they are all run out of churches, so even call up the church office of a few places - we have one every day of the week apart from Fri - once you find one, all the mums will be able to tell you when the other ones are :) Also I don't know if Dundonald is a surestart area or not, but if there was a sure start office they probably run some groups from there :)

Lady new to my breastfeeding group came in today with her baby boy. He was a couple of weeks old.

She had a private gender scan done as a present and they got his gender wrong! He came home from hospital in a pink babygrow!

I know you hear about this happening but usually it's a friend of a friend, I was so surprised to be talking to someone it actually happened to. And the fact it was a private, paid-for scan. Crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->