**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

SOrry, just been moping, didn't reply to anyone else... Have been reading all posts. Just been really drained the last two days, getting silently stressed about the move, but can't shake the inertia to actually start doing anything :(

Ach Holywoodmum, god love you :hugs: I think you're entitled to feel like that, you're pregnant and moving is a big deal - I did it myself twice in the last year and I know how stressful it can be. Maybe just make a wee start by tackling one small thing at a time - it can make it seem a bit more feasible and helps you feel more productive/motivated. Failing that, can you rope in any help?

Well girls, I have got myself a proper wee scamp cooking in here. Had steady contractions from 4.30pm yesterday afternoon, much stronger and 8ish mins apart by 8pm so we went down to the hospital - and guess what? It all stopped! If the midwife hadn't actually palpated the last one before putting me on the CTG, I'm sure she'd have thought I was going a bit mad, but she did feel it for herself. Even for all the contractions, nothing had changed down below, so I'm now under the impression I must need to wait til I'm in blue agony before going anywhere next time.

Anyone else had one of these slow-stop-start labours? I mean it can start and stop as much as it likes in the next 3 weeks til he's full term, but has anyone experienced it going on that long or am I likely to go sooner? So confused about the whole thing...with Aoife it was so simple, woke up with period pain, had my show and BAM! contractions kicked in and didn't stop til I delivered her.

I had stops and starts and false alarms for about 4weeks before he arrived. Then when he decided to come he flew out. Lol.

I had stops and starts and false alarms for about 4weeks before he arrived. Then when he decided to come he flew out. Lol.

Yikes...see now, that's exactly what I'm afraid of, because we live a potential hour's drive from the hospital! If the traffic isn't too bad we can reach it in just under 45 mins.

Even today I still have that heavy, periody dragging feeling but no contractions. I can only assume that things are just starting to prepare, really - I know I'm about 50% effaced and 1cm dilated, but the dilation means nothing as this is baby number 3.

39 weeks girls! Eek:happydance: hoping beetroot arrives soon, I'm done being pregnant now. Although at the same time I'm worried about once he is here, atm its easy to keep him safe. I'm just worried about the responsibility I guess.

Ops if been away awhile plenty of catching up to do :)

Wyntir: exciting your baby boy will be here really soon! How you feeling?

Eshka: sounds like your having a ruff ride I'm sure your shattered?

Holywoodmum: I half hated an enjoyed moving while pregnant, my mum and dad helped us out alot which helped! But if I could change one thing it would ov been to be moved in before wee lady arrived, just so we could if made it homely iykwim?

Well my anti-d stung!! I can't remember it being so sore last time. And I swear the lady who I seen was there to annoy me with stupid silly questions I think she was trying to patronise me because I'm young!

Hope everyone is well? X

that anti-d stings like a motherfucker eh? takes ages to get it all in there as well. :hugs:

Do you think does it or are they all just sadistic f**kers?
:hugs: to those of you who needed/need the anti-d!

Your right nuke! I didn't look tbh lol but the worst part was when the liquid was bein injected in must be really thick? X

Anti D sounds disgusting. You guys are troopers! (But it's obviously your own fault for having silly blood ;p) x

:hugs: Lucy...hoping everything will be much better when you've set up home in Germany with your DH x

I made the mistake of looking at the syringe last time, it was nearly full! I asked was it my anti-d as it was just sitting on the table in it's wee wrapper and she said yep, honestly it must have been 5 mls! which doesn't sound a lot but from giving Poppy her mutivits in a dropper thing it's actually quite a lot!!

Eugh, don't think I could handle those shots...I found the steroids sore enough, still got bruises all over my bum lol. Fair play!

Wyntir, how you feeling? Any signs yet? Now that I think of it you probably want to headbutt everyone who asks you that...sorry!

Lucy hope you're feeling a bit more positive too chick.

Hello hello to everyone else, how are we doing? Looks like my youngest's trip to Manchester is now on a rain check as she was exposed to chicken pox - they don't want to risk her coming over.

All quiet on the bump front here other than a load of pressure, just crossing everything for a good night's sleep tonight...I am pooped, good and proper.

Ooh wyntir, not too long now (well hopefully not 3 weeks anyway!)
eshka, when was she due to go to manchester? chicken pox should be over and done with in 15 days from exposure i thought?
feeling a bit better today, still haven't done anything practical regarding moving, but somewhat less exhausted! still going for an early night tonight though
getting a wee pedicure tomorrow that i bought on grabone :)

Eshka and holywoodmum i'm feeling ok, lots of pressure and quite a lot of light cramping. But no other signs. Skin on bump is driving me crazy, its quite red and itchy on lower part, I'm determinded not to scratch it, so i've been either constantly appling oils or moisturiser, or sitting with a cold wet flannel over it which is lovely.

Quite funny cos earlier my cousin texted asking if everything was ok cos i hadn't been on facebook much today, guess this is the start of the asking lol

Tomorrow afternoon midwife and student midwife is calling out to the house to see how i'm doing.

Manchester was due to happen on April 4th, and I just rang to confirm that the clinic time was 2pm and happened to mention the chicken pox. Aoife hasn't actually developed it yet, it's her sister who has it - and because she's been exposed they say they just can't take the risk of Aoife coming over. She could end up taking it today, or next week, or the week she'd be due to fly...we can't guarantee a thing, so they want to wait now.

Wyntir, sometimes I think the asking is one of the worst bits lol. I'm getting it from all angles right now thanks to last week's episode. Hope all goes well with the midwife, and pressure is always a positive!

I'm on here at stupid o'clock again as I can't sleep with these period-pain niggles, they're awful. Coughing has kept me up too but been having lots of pressure myself today, then the periody pain started around 11pm so went to bed to try and distract myself from it. Fecking things are even worse now and I'm long past the point of sleep, so it's the sofa, a big duvet and laptop for me til it's time to get Aoife to school!

She had the anti-d sat on the table infront of me :S I just didn't look when she was injecting and when she asked which arm I'd Luke it in I told her she could pick lol

Which part of Manchester was she going to? OH is originally from Manchester, iv been a handful of times x

Iv another growth scan on Monday :) OH was saying I should start packing the hospital bag, my mum and him had to pack it for me last time, mum went abit OTT with stuff tho lol I ordered the hellokitty holdall from Avon to take the hospital stuff, then was thinking if it's not overly big I might use it as a baby bag, got some lovely sleepsuits for Babba the other day keep looking at them!!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->